Alien Trilogy (UD)/ ALIENS (TC) 2017 / ALIENS: The Ultimate Doom

Started by Kontra Kommando, May 19, 2014, 05:07:14 PM

Author
Alien Trilogy (UD)/ ALIENS (TC) 2017 / ALIENS: The Ultimate Doom (Read 38,750 times)

WinterActual

Ok man, cool! I'll keep an eye out for the newest build  :)

Kontra Kommando

I think I've finally created a drone head that looks even closer to the movie

Randomizer

Kontra Kommando

Kontra Kommando

I have finished the Drone.

Now that both the Warrior and Drone are complete, all I have to do is cut them out. Expect an update later tonight.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/829dltfimacb6hu/ALIENS+The+Ultimate+Doom+%28TC%29+%5B+BETA+5.6%5D.zip

I present to you BETA 5.6

Here is what's been added:

Brand new custom Xenomorph Warrior and Drone Sprites

Brand new custom wall textures, ceilings and floors

Reduction of acid wait time by half

------

I still need to work out implementing the new Colonial Marine Arsenal with jdredalert. Also, I still need to finish off the rest of the residual original doom textures. Moreover, there are still the previous benign loading errors from the last BETA.

WinterActual

I am getting the same error again

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "ALIENS The Ultimate Doom (TC) [ BETA 5.6].pk3:decorate.marines" line 27:
"NOTELEFRAG" is an unknown flag

Randomizer

How many levels there are going to be ?

Kontra Kommando

Kontra Kommando

Quote from: WinterActual on Aug 17, 2014, 04:59:57 AM
I am getting the same error again

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "ALIENS The Ultimate Doom (TC) [ BETA 5.6].pk3:decorate.marines" line 27:
"NOTELEFRAG" is an unknown flag

The only updates I made were graphical; I need to get around to the that. Though, it does work for gzdoom if you want to get it a shot. I still need to work out those errors in the code.

Quote from: Randomizer on Aug 17, 2014, 06:18:10 AM
How many levels there are going to be ?

This WAD really meant to be a gameplay and graphics modification for the original doom. It does work with the other Dooms, but it won't change the other monsters that were introduced there. After i finish replacing all of the texture in the original doom, perhaps I will expands into the sequals. Nevertheless, me a few other mappers at zdoom.org are planning on making a 10 level WAD. I would also like to create another 10 sets of levels totally independent with all of the new textures; I want to have slopes and planes in there to have the corridors that were so famous from the movie.

Preview of the Xenomorph Runner.

via Imgflip GIF Maker

Kontra Kommando

Kontra Kommando

I have further improved the xenomorph warrior and drone to be anatomically correct. I have corrected the back dorsal appendages, as well as the back head perspective.

I doubt I will make any further improvements to these 2 monsters, visually, at this point. It seems I have touched upon all bases, I think.

Runner sprite sheet is complete. I will include it as a new enemy in the upcoming beta.

Randomizer

Is it still in progress?

WinterActual

The mod? Yeah, it still is in progress.

Kontra Kommando

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vqdnufdt5oo2afz/ALIENS+The+Ultimate+Doom+%28TC%29+%5B+BETA+5.7%5D.zip

Hey guys,

Here's the latest update. But I plan on releasing another update this weekend, that will address balancing issues.

This current one has the Runner in it. As well as anatomically correct xenomorphs; I drew the proper back appendages.

Kontra Kommando

We have some big updates inbound. Big thanks to co-modder jdredalert!

Motion Tracker!

3 new weapons classes, with new weapons.

Randomized item pick up to better distribute ammo

Randomized Enemy placement

Praetorian Xenomorph

Jumping Attack for certain enemies

Better performance and smaller file size

Randomizer

It looks even better this time .  ;) Keep up the good work !

WinterActual

You should raise the refresh rate. Right now it seems to be some miliseconds which makes it look like the MT is tracking all the time instead of just during the "pings". So try to raise the refresh rate to the point where it's close to or the even the same as the pings.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed