Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders

Started by LastSurvivor92, Apr 12, 2014, 08:41:08 AM

Author
Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders (Read 76,601 times)

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 15, 2019, 07:19:17 AM
We'd have been lacking the dry British humor around here. It's mostly Aussie otherwise.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Glad to have you with us, Old.

The Old One

The Old One

Eh.
Spoiler
Thank you though.
I appreciate it.
[close]

Voodoo Magic

I didn't realize saying the PredAlien should have dreads could be so helpful!

I will continue to do so! :D

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 15, 2019, 01:34:17 PM

We're saving lost souls here, brother.

LastSurvivor92

I feel real lonely and helpless lately  :-[

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on May 14, 2019, 07:36:15 PM
Apologies, I tried to kill myself everyone.
But then somebody said the PredAlien should have dreadlocks...
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HarmlessSilentCollardlizard-max-1mb.gif

-and I came back from death, because that shit is not okay.

Never deprive this world of the wonderful person you are. It's much more beautiful and interesting with you in it. And besides, without you I'd have to defend Alien 3 on my own, and the egg thread would blossom.

Spreading the gospel according to Strauss.

Quote from: LastSurvivor92 on May 19, 2019, 04:48:17 AM

And your avp family is here with you.

We got you brother.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Huggs on May 19, 2019, 07:58:46 AM
Quote from: The Old One on May 14, 2019, 07:36:15 PM
Apologies, I tried to kill myself everyone.
But then somebody said the PredAlien should have dreadlocks...
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HarmlessSilentCollardlizard-max-1mb.gif

-and I came back from death, because that shit is not okay.

Never deprive this world of the wonderful person you are. It's much more beautiful and interesting with you in it. And besides, without you I'd have to defend Alien 3 on my own, and the egg thread would blossom.

Spreading the gospel according to Strauss.

Quote from: LastSurvivor92 on May 19, 2019, 04:48:17 AM

And your avp family is here with you.

We got you brother.

Thanks bro :)

Really appreciate it.

[cancerblack]

Yet another set of raw deals and bad luck from the universe. My condition (life-long depression and severe anxiety) makes things hard at the best of times, but when it's all f**ked up too it's just... tiresome. I'm tired. I need a break from all the nonsense - but apparently I'm not allowed one.

Kimarhi

Homies, I hope those of you that struggle with these things are doing better and I am shooting you with positive brain energies.

The Old One

The Old One

Oh behalf of all of us, thank you.

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

I'm doing a lot better now than I was when I first posted this. I lost 50 pounds a couple years ago, started working out and getting a trainer for myself. I stopped taking all my anti-depressants like my Zoloft etc. My doctor told me the Zoloft was actually agitating my mood disorder.  I also have a little bit of Aspergers (ASD) I'm High Functioning and light on the spectrum. I smoke weed and as a result I would smoke excessively to cope with the irritability. I now only take one small drug called Oxcarbazepine (Trileptal) a mood stabilizer that helps with some of the irritability symptoms of my Aspergers. Doing better now and glad I went back and talked to my doctors about the concerning weight gain and lose of libido which was linked highly to a degree to the 200mg of Zoloft.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 22, 2019, 08:11:34 PM
Yet another set of raw deals and bad luck from the universe. My condition (life-long depression and severe anxiety) makes things hard at the best of times, but when it's all f**ked up too it's just... tiresome. I'm tired. I need a break from all the nonsense - but apparently I'm not allowed one.

How come? Why are you not allowed some time off?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: LastSurvivor92 on Jun 18, 2019, 04:35:48 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 22, 2019, 08:11:34 PM

How come? Why are you not allowed some time off?

Life literally doesn't give me time off. I'll get through one thing that's totally out of my control (ie; injured family member i have to look after),  only for the next thing to happen immediately.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Quote from: LastSurvivor92 on Apr 12, 2014, 08:41:08 AM
Anyone have any of these or suffer from them? Take any medications for them? I take 200 mg of Zoloft every day for depression and anxiety. I was also recently just diagnosed with Cyclothymic disorder which is a mood disorder in which you will feel deep depression for a couple of hours and than extreme highs or mania for a couple hours and that fluctuates constantly up and down, think of a really fast version of being bipolar but just not as bad. When your Bipolar you suffer long, long spells of depression and than long spells of mania so Cyclothymic disorder is not as bad but if you don't treat it with medication it can worsen into Bipolar disorder. Anyone else struggle with day to day depression, aniexty, social phobias or mood disorders, schizophrenia etc? I would be really happy to hear other peoples stories and struggles  :) This a group discussion.

I'm on 75m of Zoloft daily and Vistaril for my Anxiety which is take as needed. The Zoloft has helped me lot tbh, i don't feel as crapp anymore, as i used to have daily bouts of feeling like shitty.

The Old One

The Old One

I don't use anything myself.
Always gave me a "grey" feeling.  :-\

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Sep 02, 2019, 10:20:22 PM
I don't use anything myself.
Always gave me a "grey" feeling.  :-\

Yeah, just blurs me up too, personally. I'd rather feel bad frequently than nothing at all ever.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed