Please Sign the Petition for More Bug Hunt DLC!|SHARE & TWEET GIVEAWAY!

Started by Moosh89, Aug 25, 2013, 05:14:32 AM

Author
Please Sign the Petition for More Bug Hunt DLC!|SHARE & TWEET GIVEAWAY! (Read 33,172 times)

Hemi

Quote from: Terx2 on Aug 27, 2013, 08:28:40 AM
Quote from: Hemi on Aug 27, 2013, 07:42:30 AM
Just to show we are not onlly rooting for BugHunt maps :

:laugh: Brilliant. What's with the december 2013? Is that a goal we get it by then.

@ windebieste

I'm considering making a mod for AVP2. Wanna help?

Just an estimate when the game would be completely dead and buried. I know it's a long shot considering an SDK is jut too much work. But maybe they can just open up the code and let the fans build one around it. I know some of us are willing to do that anyway.

WinterActual

Why the petition is not for SDK but for more DLC ?  :-X :-[

Hemi

Quote from: WinterActual on Aug 27, 2013, 04:14:50 PM

You didn't read it now did you.

JustaGrunt

JustaGrunt

Quote from: WinterActual on Aug 27, 2013, 04:14:50 PM

That's a very good question, Winter, and outside of what's written in the petition, I'll try my best to provide a more in-depth explanation here.  Basically, a request for the SDK is a tall order, as the community has already made contact with Sega about the issue, and, as far as I know, their stance is that it is NOT in their policy to release a SDK (mod tools).  Due to this, I think that the more feasible request is for them to revisit Bug Hunt because 1) the bug hunt mode mechanics are already in place and 2) there are already in-game assets (movie map packs, character models, sounds, etc.) for them to lift and build upon, making the request for more Bug Hunt, which is the one part of the A:CM that seems to be the most well-received, a lot more practical since the existence of current assets should help lessen the development time/costs. 

Here's the kicker though - even though offering the SDK for sale is outside Sega's normal policy, if the petition gains traction, it is presented in such a way that it helps open a dialogue with the powers-that-be to consider the SDK for sale.  As its been mentioned, although the hope is that they would release both, I think it puts things in an interesting position because if, for whatever reason, the parties do not agree to make more content, then the proposal is on the table to let us do it ourselves then via the SDK.  It would be an interesting fallout indeed if Sega were to deny BOTH requests and leave money on the table so to speak. This would surely damage the reputation of all involved, but until a decision is made, the best we can do is make as much noise as possible, make them aware of the proposal (for more Bug Hunt & the SDK), and see what they do with it.

Hemi

QuoteIt would be an interesting fallout indeed if Sega were to deny BOTH requests and leave money on the table so to speak.

I would prepare for this though. It's a likely outcome.

I'm prepared to help you guys out with whatever you need, but I do think it's looking grim.

Like my preferred genre in games and movies, I love a last stand though. And i'm willing to give it a shot.

JustaGrunt

JustaGrunt

Quote from: Hemi on Aug 27, 2013, 05:48:22 PM
QuoteIt would be an interesting fallout indeed if Sega were to deny BOTH requests and leave money on the table so to speak.

I would prepare for this though. It's a likely outcome.

I'm prepared to help you guys out with whatever you need, but I do think it's looking grim.

Like my preferred genre in games and movies, I love a last stand though. And i'm willing to give it a shot.

I hear you, Hemi, and definitely understand that when it's all said and done, the powers-that-be could definitely let us down here.  It surely wouldn't be the first time, nor the last time.  But, like you said, this is is probably THE last stand for Aliens: Colonial Marines (A:CM).  If we want it to have any type of future, I'm glad that you and others are getting involved to help the community put up one helluva fight.   So, given the potential that's still there with the game, in the words of Dillon from Alien 3...
"At least we take a shot, we owe it one!"

windebieste

Quote from: JustaGrunt on Aug 27, 2013, 05:55:18 PMthis is is probably THE last stand for Aliens: Colonial Marines (A:CM).  If we want it to have any type of future, I'm glad that you and others are getting involved to help the community put up one helluva fight.

That's the truth right there.  After 6 years of waiting for this game, we can't quit now. 

So, everyone should just just add their name to the petition - it may not do any good - but it's the last hope we have to bring this title back out of the gutter it was spawned in; and will otherwise die in.   

-Windebieste.

JustaGrunt

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 27, 2013, 10:17:00 PM
Quote from: JustaGrunt on Aug 27, 2013, 05:55:18 PMthis is is probably THE last stand for Aliens: Colonial Marines (A:CM).  If we want it to have any type of future, I'm glad that you and others are getting involved to help the community put up one helluva fight.

That's the truth right there.  After 6 years of waiting for this game, we can't quit now. 

So, everyone should just just add their name to the petition - it may not do any good - but it's the last hope we have to bring this title back out of the gutter it was spawned in; and will otherwise die in.   

-Windebieste.

Very well said, Windebieste!  One way to look at this, particularly all those who fall into the jaded crowd, is to see this as a way to make the best out of a bad situation.  The time to make a difference is definitely of the essence though - when the next generation consoles launch in November, I'm fairly sure that these platforms, and most of the games tied to them, will pretty much fade into oblivion and that will be that.  Anyway, thanks so much for your support, and I am really excited to think of the great possibilities that you and the rest of the modding community could do with all the existing assets/game modes in A:CM.  I'm fairly certain that the modding community, if given a chance, can work twice as hard and twice as fast at delivering fan-friendly, fan requested content.  Here's hoping everyone can push hard and help Sega retire this game on a high note! 

p1nk81cd

Hell, I'd buy ACM for PC, if the tools were ever released to the public.

Saddened to say, as good and compelling as this petition is- those bastards at Gearbox will no doubt ignore it. Like they would give a rats arse about a game they left in development limbo for so many years and flat-out lied to the loving fans of the franchise... >:(

But, fawk it, SIGNED! 

JustaGrunt

JustaGrunt

Quote from: Mr. Runner on Aug 28, 2013, 01:08:40 AM
Hell, I'd buy ACM for PC, if the tools were ever released to the public.

Saddened to say, as good and compelling as this petition is- those bastards at Gearbox will no doubt ignore it. Like they would give a rats arse about a game they left in development limbo for so many years and flat-out lied to the loving fans of the franchise... >:(

But, fawk it, SIGNED!

Awesome!  Thanks for your help, Mr. Runner, as well as everyone else who's helping to push for a better send-off for this game.  You know, I think given everything that happened during development, this can also be seen as one of the last ways for both Sega and Gearbox to try and redeem themselves so to speak.  More Bug Hunt would be appreciated, but like I've been saying, if they would prefer to abandon the game, I think it would be a very classy gesture for them to allow the fans to pick up the torch and make content for ourselves.  Even then, I'm not saying that as if they owe us something; with the way the petition is presented, if they make both options  (More Bug Hunt and the SDK) available to purchase, they get something out of it too.  If the game were getting a sequel, I'd understand if they would want to protect their assets, but we all know that a sequel is very, very unlikely, so I think the best option is for them to turn it over to the fans and use it as one more revenue stream.  Hopefully the powers-that-be will see it the same way as well, that way everyone benefits from the deal - they get more money and we get to extend the life of the game for years to come.  I'm confident that with the modding community's help and creativity, we can get the game to a state that is much closer to everyone's original vision for A:CM.   

WinterActual

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 27, 2013, 10:17:00 PM
After 6 years of waiting for this game, we can't quit now. 

Maybe you can't, but SEGA already did it  :laugh:

windebieste

Gotta keep the pressure on 'em, Man.   ;D

Coz there's no prize for quitters.

Just sign the petition. 

...or be a quitter. 

-Windebieste

acheronbeing

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 28, 2013, 06:39:07 AMCoz there's no prize for quitters.
Dignity Windebieste. The price for not signing up is dignity

And no, -It will not do any good Mr. Winde- "We" were not the target audience for this game, and allow me with all due respect to you to say I thought you were very well aware of this.

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: acheronbeing on Aug 28, 2013, 07:52:58 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Aug 28, 2013, 06:39:07 AMCoz there's no prize for quitters.
Dignity Windebieste. The price for not signing up is dignity

And no, -It will not do any good Mr. Winde- "We" were not the target audience for this game, and allow me with all due respect to you to say I thought you were very well aware of this.

He is. There are multiple reasons for signing this petition. Say we do pull it off, and get news coverage with this petition. Sour-face Sega will have a choice. Listen to the people, or ignore us once again. Either way, we win with the right amount of petition numbers. It will show once more what a bunch of half-assed publishers they are, and will raise the pitchforks once more. Like folk did when this game first released.  If it turns out Sega does support the little fans this game has and gives them some DLC, then it will at least show us they still have heart for the franchise...and the fans of the franchise might trust them again concerning the upcoming Alien(s) games.

IMO Dignity does little for future releases of Aliens media, or product feedback. Petitions neither probably, but at least they are backed up by numbers and facts. And with the right numbers they might make a blip on the motiontracker.(or a humm on the detection unit lol) It's a way to make yourself heard instead of folding your arms in front of your computer with a smug face. ;-)

The ACM franchise is already doomed anyway, and won't return for a long time. This is all about showing Sega or Fox that the fans do have a say to in the matter. For me anyway. :-)

Each their own of course.

ps : I do understand your point of view acheronbeing. Everyone has his own ways of dealing with this terrible situation. :-) I only hope we can at least get one propper Aliens product in the future. The release of crappy movies/games has to stop at some point right?

Space Voyager

Internet dignity... Reminds me of an e-cookie. Looks good, but don't try to chew on the monitor. I'll sign.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed