Please Sign the Petition for More Bug Hunt DLC!|SHARE & TWEET GIVEAWAY!

Started by Moosh89, Aug 25, 2013, 05:14:32 AM

Author
Please Sign the Petition for More Bug Hunt DLC!|SHARE & TWEET GIVEAWAY! (Read 33,178 times)

windebieste

Quote from: underbound on Aug 25, 2013, 10:21:51 PM
I would sign but since this doesnt really benefit the console base I dont know if I should

You should sign, and here's why.  Many people have multiple systems at home.  If you have a friend who prefers PC, then you are doing him a favor.

Also, modding games means the game lasts ...and lasts.  even if you don't have a PC that can run the game now, in the future you may benefit from just a simple signature from a petition.  Here for example, is a list of mods for AvP2.  So, if you wanted to expand your AvP2 experience on PC, you can do so at just a few mouse clicks away.  That list, by the way, is an incomplete list of content created by myself.  The truth is, dozens of Modders made their imprint on the game, contributing hundreds of items for players to enjoy. 

So sign up.  Think of playing awesome, weird and wonderful custom made content in A:CM in the future rather than thinking solely of your current (and soon to be superseded) console.   In a couple of years time, you too may see A:CM change from being dead in the water to having a still vibrant modding Community.  The AvP2 Modding community was healthy for 8 years.  We can do the same for A:CM - but we need your vote to convince those in power.

-Windebieste.

underbound

Alright ill sign because your right,in years time we'll get an awesome game just like DOOM. So im onboard with the petition.

Terx2

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 25, 2013, 11:15:00 PM
Quote from: underbound on Aug 25, 2013, 10:21:51 PM
I would sign but since this doesnt really benefit the console base I dont know if I should

You should sign, and here's why.  Many people have multiple systems at home.  If you have a friend who prefers PC, then you are doing him a favor.

Also, modding games means the game lasts ...and lasts.  even if you don't have a PC that can run the game now, in the future you may benefit from just a simple signature from a petition.  Here for example, is a list of mods for AvP2.  So, if you wanted to expand your AvP2 experience on PC, you can do so at just a few mouse clicks away.  That list, by the way, is an incomplete list of content created by myself.  The truth is, dozens of Modders made their imprint on the game, contributing hundreds of items for players to enjoy. 

So sign up.  Think of playing awesome, weird and wonderful custom made content in A:CM in the future rather than thinking solely of your current (and soon to be superseded) console.   In a couple of years time, you too may see A:CM change from being dead in the water to having a still vibrant modding Community.  The AvP2 Modding community was healthy for 8 years.  We can do the same for A:CM - but we need your vote to convince those in power.

-Windebieste.

*votes* You have me convinced. While I own a PS3 and PC version. The PC version seems to be suffering more for the lack of SDK. Should get around to modding AVP2 in the meantime.

PsyKore

Signed for the SDK.

windebieste

Nice... I can just imagine a FEAR mod for A:CM. 

People would buy the game just to play that mod.  Really, they would - because it would be miles ahead of the vanilla game in every respect.  It would generate sales for the game and everyone would be sweet about it - including SEGA.

It's too bad then, that all we will be able to do is just imagine such a thing transpiring.  ...unless, of course, those tools got released. That WOULD change everything.

-Windebieste.

Space Voyager

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 26, 2013, 07:14:37 AM
It's too bad then, that all we will be able to do is just imagine such a thing transpiring.  ...unless, of course, those tools got released. That WOULD change everything.

Out of completely selfish reasons I wish that will happen.  ;D

Considering your absence from posting prior to this game, it must have really ticked you off...

acheronbeing

This is useless. The problem of the alien IP going downhill are the very ones owning the rights, a couple of retards at Fox who will never get their heads out of the clouds to eventually understand the A L I E N monster can not be dumbed down and casualized to appeal what they nowadays define asl "a wider audience", or speaking clearly, the braindead sheep or Casual Cancer.

The best we could do is to show some dignity and respect for ourselves to this goddamn money grabbers and low level masterminds behind the game design (and the new generation tiny toon aliens we fight in this game, and before in AVP2010), plus also and of course not showing any kind of further support to this pathetic attempt of a game (not to mention buying It or any of Its DLC) anymore, as well as to keep putting the hurt on Gearbox and Fox reputation across the internet or wherever we can.

The only thing you achieve with this request is to make them stand by their actions and condemn the rest of the fans with a brain to be given the same shit over and over again in the future. Can't most of you f**king already understand that the persons making decisions on everything related to this game and the IP, live in an alternate reality to ours (like politicians, very similar)?, can't you really guys get your head of the clouds already too and show some respect for yourselves?

I can't believe most of you don't even loathe meeting one of this attempts of the A L I E N head on while playing ACM. This is, imo, a problem even bigger in importance to the ones handling the franchise since the days of A:R. It is obvious then that 80% of the problem could lie in the very fanbase, which can only mean our eventual doom sooner or later, but doom in the end for all of us.

I can only dream with an aliens game where I have to rise the view with the mouse in order to see the head of an alien warrior when It is close to me, and more when It is head on. I can only dream with an aliens game where the aliens behave like they were supposed to behave, very similar to humans but in a creepier war. I've been dreaming of a game like this for almost 40 years now, and It still seems to be a dream only just because most of you have forgotten what the original creature was supposed to be, not to mention the people making decisions on the IP and alien related games.

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: Space Voyager on Aug 26, 2013, 10:47:31 AM
Considering your absence from posting prior to this game, it must have really ticked you off...

Ya.  Ticked off is putting it mildly.  Then again, I'm not the only one.  The post directly above mine ^ expresses many of the same sentiments I do.  I've also been a fan of this series since 1978 (Oh, you say the film was released in 1979, but I was reading articles about it well before that, in Starlog, Starburst and other print media of the day; before the internet.  Way, way too long ago now...).  Back then, all we had was ALIEN.  It was a genuinely unique piece of cinema.  Now, with each diluting sequel, the whole ambiance has withered away.  Gone is the mystique.  Gone is Giger's original brilliant form.  Now it's all slack jawed aliens that open their mouths too far and way, way too many compromises. 

Yeah.  Ticked off is an appropriate expression.  This series has degraded with time.  ALIEN 3 was the last REAL film of any credibility - and even it is flawed.  At least it deviated from pandering to just being an outpouring of more of the the same - which is all A:CM does.  This is a horrible game in so many ways.  It's a failure to the hardcore fans and only the 'soft as bunny's tails' Feb. 2013 noob sign-up fanbois will think it's any good.  Well, screw 'em.  Screw 'em all.  They are in abundance and it's unfortunate that the COD generation is being pandered to instead of crafting a game that embraces the source material in a legitimate and intimate fashion.  That's all been abandoned for crass cash in pseudo canon bullshit.  I hope Fox lost a lot of money on this thing because their credibility to deliver anything worthwhile in this licence has been shot to shit for the past decade.  Screw them, too.

So yes.  Ticked off.  ...and oh, I'm not the only one around the Community that believes this either.

Right now, getting our hands on the SDK IS our last hope.  Obviously, GBX and all the other 'professionals'  involved in the development of this title can't do it.  So, maybe... just maybe, if we can get the SDK released (I really doubt that will happen, but who knows) then the Community can make some kind of reparation and salvage the game from being the total wiped out disaster it currently is.

Our only possible way in succeeding in this effort is to convince SEGA that releasing the SDK will assist sales.  Money... It's the only thing that contemporary corporate entities care for.

Anyway, good luck with that!  LOL.

-Windebieste.

acheronbeing

Quote from: Space Voyager on Aug 26, 2013, 10:47:31 AMConsidering your absence from posting prior to this game, it must have really ticked you off...
Not everyone follows this recent and unbelievable "I should be grateful for they did an aliens game, even If It sucks to the root" trend of thought, so to be ticked off should be considered the natural and obvious reaction before products such as ACM. Thankfully, Mr. Winde's state of thinking differs completely from that histrionic disease in the form of philosophical current most of you seem to suffer from.

Please, in all honesty and no pun intended..., show some respect to disinterested/unselfish creators such is the case of Windebieste. It is the minimum thing to ask for.

Moosh89

We are half way to our first goal!! Congratulations everyone and thanks for your support!

*Image created by hemicrania*

underbound

All we needed was 100 sigs? I thought we needed like 1000 or 10000. So I told my friends and gaming group to sign. We will get this!!!

Moosh89

Our next goal is 1000 signatures :)

I like to keep it "visibly attainable", keeps the mood high :)

Big plans for when we hit 1000!

Hemi

Just to show we are not onlly rooting for BugHunt maps :

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Quote from: acheronbeing on Aug 26, 2013, 04:59:55 PM
Please, in all honesty and no pun intended..., show some respect to disinterested/unselfish creators such is the case of Windebieste. It is the minimum thing to ask for.

Oh, make no mistake, I have nothing but the utmost respect for modders. Windebieste is definitely very high on that list, I loved UHM and I'm sure it was made obvious in its thread. My admiration of his work can also be seen as me noticing his usual absence and sudden passionate return to the forum. And I'm impressed with is his genuine wish to take this crappy product and turn it into a good game.

Meh, I can see I'm going into my philosophical mode and this is bad for everyone, so I'm stopping here.

Terx2

Quote from: Hemi on Aug 27, 2013, 07:42:30 AM
Just to show we are not onlly rooting for BugHunt maps :

:laugh: Brilliant. What's with the december 2013? Is that a goal we get it by then.

@ windebieste

I'm considering making a mod for AVP2. Wanna help?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed