Another podcast about the AVP-R trailer.

Started by That Yellow Alien, Aug 30, 2007, 09:15:58 PM

Author
Another podcast about the AVP-R trailer. (Read 2,050 times)

That Yellow Alien

The guys over at Dread Central have released a podcast discussing the AVP-R trailer and their thoughts on the first one as well.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2978

CelticP

Everything that was said, I agree with 100%...hell, I even finished their sentences because they fell the same way I do.

That Yellow Alien

Most of it was AVP bashing.  :D

CelticP

So? WE NEED MORE AVP BASHING! Its overrated even if 5 people in the whole world like it.  :P

That Yellow Alien

I really hope AVP-R is good. Please...

Porkus Maximus

The part about Murtaugh fighting the predator made me LOL so hard cuz it's a discussion my friends and I have had many times.

pred_alien

Quote from: CelticP on Aug 30, 2007, 11:46:03 PM
So? WE NEED MORE AVP BASHING! Its overrated even if 5 people in the whole world like it.  :P

so true so true

Chaotic-Strike

Chaotic-Strike

Lot of avp bashing in here but it seemed to me that they were so quick to point out how the paul anderson is a alien fanboy. alot of these bashes are deserved but him being an alien fanboy? did I miss something he shows us an alien killing some preds yes but how about that pyramid flash back with thousands of aliens rushing up alot getting killed by 3 preds. and this is supposed to be some rank up thing all preds do to .

Not to mention the queen the strongest alien of all is now their plaything (things i hated about the comics)
all the aliens getting killed by the nuke except the facehugger that got scar. an alien getting killed by lex (if she could use a spear pointing up scar could) I'd say Paul Anderson isnt a fan of anything in both franchises due to lack of information he screwed up on in it.

They basicly ignore how easly the aliens are getting killed instead we get how cool it looked. I dont even have to mention how many of the aliens that die in the trailer of avp2. two aliens getting held by wolf i dont remember the alien having a cakewalk killing celtic. then we see the alien whip. They said it best this is basicly predator 3 with aliens thrown in albeit to be killed and be the preds bitches. Another thing that I dislike is the focus on blood they are given yes I know aliens and predator were rated R and pred and pred 2 had tons of it. but the aliens series didnt have that much at all considering how often people getted stabbed and all. It isnt something that automaticly makes it any different than any other typical jason movie that comes out now.
I know avp is bad so pretty much anything that comes after it is going to be considered miles ahead of it they might just be setting themselves up for dissapointment agian.

Saberfox

Haha, agree 100% with these guys.   And the funny thing is, my mom overheard some of it, and before she had thought the first AvP movie was okay, but now after mentioning to her the podcast, and showing her the trailer earlier, I say, and I quote:

"Yeah, the first move was pretty f**king terrible now that I think of it, and the second movie looks much better, just from that trailer you showed me."

Hell, she didn't even want to see it, and she thinks it'll be better.   What does that tell you?

gameoverman

Those guys were almost spot on.  Almost.  Some things they got wrong:

1.  Paul Anderson was not a fan of Alien, he was a fan of Aliens.

2.  They were praising the designs for the aliens although it wasn't like the originals (ie more biomechanical).

3.  Predator 2 didn't invent the crossover - the comics did.

pmaz11

They were right when they said he was a fan of Alien because he quoted how he loved seeing Alien as a kid or whatever.....But either way mostly everything else they said was pretty much on the money.

CelticP

Quote from: Chaotic-Strike on Aug 31, 2007, 02:08:21 AM
Lot of avp bashing in here but it seemed to me that they were so quick to point out how the paul anderson is a alien fanboy. alot of these bashes are deserved but him being an alien fanboy? did I miss something he shows us an alien killing some preds yes but how about that pyramid flash back with thousands of aliens rushing up alot getting killed by 3 preds. and this is supposed to be some rank up thing all preds do to .

Not to mention the queen the strongest alien of all is now their plaything (things i hated about the comics)
all the aliens getting killed by the nuke except the facehugger that got scar. an alien getting killed by lex (if she could use a spear pointing up scar could) I'd say Paul Anderson isnt a fan of anything in both franchises due to lack of information he screwed up on in it.

They basicly ignore how easly the aliens are getting killed instead we get how cool it looked. I dont even have to mention how many of the aliens that die in the trailer of avp2. two aliens getting held by wolf i dont remember the alien having a cakewalk killing celtic. then we see the alien whip. They said it best this is basicly predator 3 with aliens thrown in albeit to be killed and be the preds bitches. Another thing that I dislike is the focus on blood they are given yes I know aliens and predator were rated R and pred and pred 2 had tons of it. but the aliens series didnt have that much at all considering how often people getted stabbed and all. It isnt something that automaticly makes it any different than any other typical jason movie that comes out now.
I know avp is bad so pretty much anything that comes after it is going to be considered miles ahead of it they might just be setting themselves up for dissapointment agian.
When you're directing an Aliens Vs. Predator film, you cannot like one more then the other. You can say, I want him to win, or I want HIM to win, but you cant just make one creature more badass just because you like them more. Its not called Aliens, its called Aliens Vs. Predator....

By the way, just because one predator kills a shitload of aliens, doesnt make them any less awsome.

Exiled

hey I want to hear that clip on howerd stern and paul anderson

PHANTOM

Oh yeah! I remember that one, it sounded just like a fan from the AVP forums telling Paul on the phone, "your a hack" and also telling him that all the avp fan forums are freaking out because you are directing this movie lol, it was so funny! ;D

God, all this bashing on Paul, it's almost everywhere you go on the internet! If this doesn't bother Paul Anderson I guess he's either not listening because of his ego blocking everday cold hearted truths, or isn't learning from his mother f**king mistakes. I can understand if there was one little community saying that I was a hack but most other people thought I was a god, I guess I wouldn't care either. But wow! Everywhere you go someone has nothing good to say about Paul Anderson, I don't know about you guys but respect is a huge thing with me, and Paul is just sitting their like a pussy letting everyone disrespect him and his name.

Atleast Mr. Boll had the balls to punch someone in the face everytime he got a bad review way too many times from someone, and he would tell people to shut the f**k up! Points for him when you think about it.

I guess Paul Anderson is just a greedy f**ker who wants to make money off from bad movies, and get rich while the whole world waste money on his movies and hates him at the sametime. Paul, if you think the whole world doesn't hate you.......wow I wish I had that power to lie to myself just so I can feel better at times LMAO!

I guess making movies is the best thing for you Paul, the world will hate you but you will be rich! Sometimes you can't be picky about these things :-\

That Yellow Alien

Although he seems to be hated by the entire internet, you have to remember he is 1) living the dream 2) is rich 3) is banging a hottie. I don't think he is too worried about where he is in his life. I don't blame him either. If I had all that, I wouldn't give a rats ass about a bunch of nobodies on the internet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed