In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,427,391 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Last I heard, he moved to New Zealand and became a dog trainer.

Shinawi

Shinawi

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Saw a documentary on pitbulls and guess what?
It's all people's fault. They mess up the dog and make it dangerous.
Up to a point they were even considered good babysitters.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

While it's true that the owner plays a fundamental role in the dog's behavior, just thinking about those powerful jaws gives me goose bumps. 😱 :-X

Shinawi

Shinawi

https://www.yahoo.com/news/germany-says-firefight-involving-western-053014034.html
QuoteGermany says firefight involving Western forces erupts at Kabul Airport

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

@Thread.

Yes, I'm sure that's why plenty of very well treated pitbulls "just snap, nobody saw it coming" and maul their loving owner or eat a toddler. They shouldn't exist, and owning one without getting it neutered/spayed to wind down the population should be a criminal offense world wide.  No amount of "lil pibble wouldn't hurt a fly, they're nanny dogs" will change the truth of the matter.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

But they're such a loving breed of land shark.

In other news:

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Still not allowed them here unless you're over 40.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 23, 2021, 06:40:32 PM
@Thread.

Yes, I'm sure that's why plenty of very well treated pitbulls "just snap, nobody saw it coming" and maul their loving owner or eat a toddler. They shouldn't exist, and owning one without getting it neutered/spayed to wind down the population should be a criminal offense world wide.  No amount of "lil pibble wouldn't hurt a fly, they're nanny dogs" will change the truth of the matter.

Are you holding onto some statistics regarding pitbulls that have not been abused but still attack people?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I can find you a lot of anecdotal cases of it happening, although I'm not aware of any studies that specifically look at that.

Even if I'm completely wrong (I'm not), why though would anyone be against mandatory spaying/neutering and a ban on breeding, on a type of large dog that has a very high chance of being specifically trained for brutality due to human attitudes anyway?

Either way, once you see one of these things drag down an adult human, you no longer care about the why, you just accept that they need to go.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Sounds personal

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 23, 2021, 09:05:08 PM
Sounds personal

Irrelevant.

Compare to firearms. Even "responsible" owners have serious, life ending accidents - and plenty aren't responsible. So (most places) limit access to firearms and ban certain types entirely since they cause the most egregious problems.

Nobody needs a pitbull, so they should all get spayed/neutered and no more breeding. Then regardless of the reason it happens, it won't happen any more.

SiL

SiL

Nobody needs any breed of dog.

I'm all for desexing and not breeding but I carry that over to all pets. There are enough accidental births of any animal without people going out of their way to add to surplus populations.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I wasn't gunna go there, but...

Local Trouble

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed