In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,426,427 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 22, 2016, 12:57:05 PM
Its being suggested that the Brussels attacks may be revenge attacks for the arrest and capture of the Paris attacker

Yeah, I think that's the most obvious reason at the minute.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 22, 2016, 12:57:05 PMIts being suggested that the Brussels attacks may be revenge attacks for the arrest and capture of the Paris attacker

Unlikely if you ask me. Something like this takes a lot longer than four days to plan.

I suppose they might've changed the timing as a result of his getting arrested.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3140256/Should-Gone-Wind-banned-Anger-confederate-symbols-turns-classic-movie-writer-tweeting-original-book-line-line-gets-shunned.html

*facepalm* I guess we can't just appreciate art for art's sake anymore, everything has to conform to some bullshit ideology.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

You know, if we keep letting the Left censor small things, eventually they'll start censoring everything they don't like. I'm starting to see why people are being drawn to Trump now...

broughtpain

broughtpain

Quote from: Deathbearer on Mar 22, 2016, 10:29:13 PM
You know, if we keep letting the Left censor small things, eventually they'll start censoring everything they don't like. I'm starting to see why people are being drawn to Trump now...

The other site I frequented was censored to a horrific extent. It's ran by a Chinese corporation. Rule number one is you can't talk about the rules. Rule number two is you can't talk about actions taken by moderators. I can't access what the rules are and don't really know them, though one can understand how information about such can be gleaned from paying attention. The whole site is wrought with lies, deception, corruption and abuse of power.
  The first time I got banned was because of a discussion about how expensive a game is while called "free to play". The moderator tried turning the discussion into an argument, began failing at that effort and couldn't hold his ground on any point(lies and deception), so he got the lower down moderators to agree with him and gave me an infraction for "trolling". I apologised and was given another infraction. My apology basically was an "I'm sorry" to the posters, including the moderator, and an explanation that I couldn't access the rules for posting. My apology was construed to be discussing the rules and discussing actions taken by moderators. In reality though, the moderator is a bitch with a forum badge and a sadistic mentality that couldn't handle being proven wrong.

Compared to AVPG and moderators here, you would think darkness to be an angel of light and the moderators to be saints.

People really don't understand that once Pandora's box is opened, it's a problem for everyone. Free speech is only regarded and respected by the most civilized and virtuous.

On the topic of posting in the general discussion area and what people may think, let's be honest about a few things; all any of do is wait for the time when we get ours from our niche galaxy. Little appetisers here and there only to wet our appetite further and remind us of how we wait. Waiting for what is the best and most dynamic of gameplay from such succulent concepts gets rough for me. Nobody should be diluted in their thinking about what horrors lay just beyond the horizon to the extent of thinking, in space, in the darker parts of our hostile paradise, that political ideologies won't be replaced by the basic tenets of survival.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 22, 2016, 08:31:35 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3140256/Should-Gone-Wind-banned-Anger-confederate-symbols-turns-classic-movie-writer-tweeting-original-book-line-line-gets-shunned.html

*facepalm* I guess we can't just appreciate art for art's sake anymore, everything has to conform to some bullshit ideology.

Huh! huh!! what did I say a while back about the possibility of burning books about things like this, its getting close to that isn't it. Wanting to ban movies about the civil war, next it will be all literature. The liberal extremists are insane, their agenda is way out of control, but what is more scary is the fact they manage to get their way half the time.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Hubbs on Mar 23, 2016, 04:39:23 AM

Huh! huh!! what did I say a while back about the possibility of burning books about things like this, its getting close to that isn't it. Wanting to ban movies about the civil war, next it will be all literature. The liberal extremists are insane, their agenda is way out of control, but what is more scary is the fact they manage to get their way half the time.
Don't you ever read what you write? You are an extremist.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 23, 2016, 04:42:21 AM

Yep well we'll just see won't we.

I like how you try and pretend its just me and not actually the evidence you see before you lol! Lets be straight here, who'd of thought in their wildest dreams that some people would want to ban the movie Gone With the Wind because of its content. What's next?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Hubbs on Mar 23, 2016, 04:47:08 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 23, 2016, 04:42:21 AM

Yep well we'll just see won't we.

I like how you try and pretend its just me and not actually the evidence you see before you lol! Lets be straight here, who'd of thought in their wildest dreams that some people would want to ban the movie Gone With the Wind because of its content. What's next?
There is no rational justification to ban Gone With the Wind. It's not going to happen nor even if some place did, that isn't going to lead to a great book burning or whatever you called it. Still you take it to the extreme as if the vast majority of us would actually support that call. Yet then on the other hand every time you find something that is as you label it "liberal" to your opinion and not in your interest you act like it is the end of the world and expect us to believe that this is the reason you must right in your accusations. This gotcha game attitude is not rational. It's how an extremist reacts to what are otherwise insignificant events in daily life.

Gate

Gate

Glad someone said it in nicer terms than I would.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Very well said, whiterabbit. However...

broughtpain

broughtpain

It should be noted that banning books is the equivalent of burning them. The whole purpose is to remove the contents of a book from society and not simply to remove books.

Another point, that's going unrealized, is the distinction between political liberals and social liberals. Political liberals defer freedom of choice to governing bodies while social liberals reserve freedom of choice to themselves. Using catch all blanket approaches is how political liberals drag social liberals into supporting the establishment that has or does condemn aspects of of their lifestyle while using force with prejudice.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 14, 2016, 03:21:55 PM
[

I still don't believe the North actually has the capability to hit the US. It's just too far away. And even if they did, I'm honestly not convinced they'd be that stupid. They love rattling the sabre but they must realise literally everyone would be against them if they flung a nuke at America. Even the Chinese would refuse to back them if they did that. They seem to be getting tired of the North's bullshit as it is.

As I said before though, if I lived in the South I'd probably be concerned. The chances of the North going mental at them is a lot higher.

If they nuke South Korea then it could lead us to another war and people think it could be the end of everything that we know it. If North Korea is not lying about their weapons then how come we are not treating theme on the same level as ISIS. How come the US are more worry about ISIS and not NK?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

North Korea is a state with defined borders where as ISIS is more so a fluid sleeper cell. Much more dangerous in a micro capacity. Also NK doesn't resonate well to the average low esteemed angry individual, ISIS does. When was the last time you saw your neighbor blow something up in the name of NK?

Plus NK is really a primary threat to the first 20-100 miles into South Korea and a massive refugee disaster to China. Russia will squash any issues and Japan is under the protection of the US military and NK doesn't have much of an invasion force, so over all the threat to them is very limited.

The Nuclear threat is over blown. The weapons are of very low quality and un-deliverable. This isn't likely to change. It's much easier for ISIS to steal a smaller russian warhead and walk it into France than anything NK is capable of now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed