Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,426,648 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Deathbearer on Mar 05, 2016, 01:21:01 AM
Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Mar 05, 2016, 01:08:27 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 04, 2016, 01:28:28 PM
http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/03/scientists-gear-drill-ground-zero-impact-killed-dinosaurs?utm_source=newsfromscience&utm_medium=facebook-text&utm_campaign=groundzero-2735
In the season of political bullshit it's nice to see something like this, hope they find what they're looking for

This is where they find Lilith. This is how Evangelion begins.
No it isn't. Lilith was found in the antarctic. 2nd impact can't start without a massive flood. What are you thinking man. :P

Then again, maybe they'll find Adam. :)

broughtpain

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I liked the bit where they threatened to nuke the US, as if they have anything like that capability.

Still, if I lived in the South I might be worried.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Anyone in the region should be concerned to some extent. NK is like a long asleep volcano that rumbles every once in a while but is know for blowing it's head clean off when it finally erupts.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/06/politics/nancy-reagan-dies-obit/index.html

Man I still remember watching all 3 hours as they drove the California Country side to lay President Regan to rest. Watching Nancy say goodbye was sad as could be. They were such fun together. Always liked the pair, perhaps because Regan was the president when I was in grammar school. More like Grampa and Grandma to be honest. Shit I actually teared up a bit just now.  :'(

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 07, 2016, 09:25:46 AM
I liked the bit where they threatened to nuke the US, as if they have anything like that capability.

I would as well or hell anywhere near NK like Japan. I'd defiantly keep a close eye on it. You just never know. Especially with China being very forceful about those claims on the islands in the South China Sea. They might just back the North if they launched a nuke.

broughtpain

broughtpain

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 07, 2016, 09:25:46 AM

The Norks can reach the US. They just put a satellite into space. The really bad thing is Noko is China's bastard and with that comes support from China. That includes access to technology that China has stolen from the United States which includes capabilities to bypass or otherwise defeat some extremely sophisticated defensive measures. Some of those capabilities are also useful for achieving the distance required for intercontinental classification.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: broughtpain on Mar 07, 2016, 02:19:27 PMThe Norks can reach the US. They just put a satellite into space.

There's a big difference between launching a satellite and making a nuclear weapon small enough and sophisticated enough to fire it at another continent.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: broughtpain on Mar 07, 2016, 02:19:27 PM
The Norks can reach the US. They just put a satellite into space.

You learn something new every day. Nork and from googling that, Austral. If you're intended that as a slur towards the Koreans, let's refrain from that please.

broughtpain

broughtpain

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 07, 2016, 02:57:08 PM
Quote from: broughtpain on Mar 07, 2016, 02:19:27 PMThe Norks can reach the US. They just put a satellite into space.

There's a big difference between launching a satellite and making a nuclear weapon small enough and sophisticated enough to fire it at another continent.

Breaking free from the hold of gravity aside, the method of delivery is more relevant than the size of what's being delivered. That's why the space shuttle uses three rockets to get to space and not for returning. Some more relevant factors are the fuel and the composition of the materials used in the outer shell. The combustion of fuels is altitude relative just as the composition of materials is sensitive to temperature and pressure. Once the capability of creating a nuclear bomb is achieved, then it's a matter of delivery. In the end, the size of the nuke is not as significant as delivery which is a separate matter that's relative and scalable.

None of that goes into the Norks H-bomb stuff or how it makes delivery easier.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 07, 2016, 03:10:27 PM
Quote from: broughtpain on Mar 07, 2016, 02:19:27 PM
The Norks can reach the US. They just put a satellite into space.

You learn something new every day. Nork and from googling that, Austral. If you're intended that as a slur towards the Koreans, let's refrain from that please.

Nork is a term from a video game. It serves to distinguish North Koreans from South Koreans. I don't have any issues with "Koreans". Buuuuuut, as South Korea is technically considered friendly to the US(or at least we're friendly to them), I feel it's appropriate to distinguish South Korea from North Korea.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Don't we have tons of ships in the ocean and other high tech stuff that can track missiles and nukes? Nuking the US and South Korea seems very risky since North Korea knows that they would be wipe off the map quickly. Even China seems to be sick of NK too.

So in good news today, Grizzly Bears may lose threatened status

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/04/us/yellowstone-grizzly-bears/

broughtpain

broughtpain

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Mar 07, 2016, 07:53:58 PM
Don't we have tons of ships in the ocean and other high tech stuff that can track missiles and nukes? Nuking the US and South Korea seems very risky since North Korea knows that they would be wipe off the map quickly. Even China seems to be sick of NK too.

Yeah, we have a good bit of stuff in the area. Yeah, we can track ICBMs. Problem is, it's not as simple as just tracking and shooting down missiles. As for China, they have such a massive population that they don't care about losing a hundred million people. That and north Korea is a "client state" of China.

QuoteSo in good news today, Grizzly Bears may lose threatened status

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/04/us/yellowstone-grizzly-bears/

That is good news. Now we can domesticate them so we can ride them like the Aussie's ride kangaroos.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/07/media/erin-andrews-video-trial-verdict/index.html

Not sure if that is worth 55 million. Then again the hotel employees did seriously f**k up. There were red flags all over the place.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed