http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-33464970

Suddenly pedos everywhere in Germany?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 14, 2015, 04:26:45 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 14, 2015, 03:46:43 AM
Quote from: Gilfryd on Jul 13, 2015, 11:04:33 PM
SpreadEagleBeagle

He'd rather scream and whine about people posting stuff he doesn't like.

Prove me wrong. With respect, for the past little while, you haven't shared articles or stories you feel are worthy of discussion. All you've done is come in and complain that the thread is too right-winged for your taste. You're well within your right to do so but the if you dislike it so much, why bother?

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 14, 2015, 01:50:12 PM
SpreadEagleBeagle

Prove me wrong. With respect, for the past little while, you haven't shared articles or stories you feel are worthy of discussion. All you've done is come in and complain that the thread is too right-winged for your taste. You're well within your right to do so but the if you dislike it so much, why bother?

I don't post news articles here because they will be of political nature and content and I don't want to cram my crap down your throats. However, if the same people keep on cramming the same ol' crap down our throats, over and over again, I will protest eventually and call them on it. Bite back so to speak. I don't want new members to think that AVP Galaxy is a hangout for guys who are scared of black people, Muslims and feminists.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 14, 2015, 04:39:44 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 14, 2015, 01:50:12 PM
SpreadEagleBeagle

I don't post news articles here because they will be of political nature and content and I don't want to cram my crap down your throats.

Don't be afraid to post what you want. Just post it and if people want to discuss it they will.

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 14, 2015, 04:39:44 PMI don't want new members to think that AVP Galaxy is a hangout for guys who are scared of black people, Muslims and feminists.

Lol, that's a laugh. So if some of us post material you don't like/disagree with, that means we're "scared"?

Gate

Gate

Well I think he substituted the word 'hates' to save you guys some face.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 14, 2015, 04:44:08 PMDon't be afraid to post what you want. Just post it and if people want to discuss it they will.

Maybe I will...

QuoteLOL that's a laugh. So if some of us post material you don't like/disagree with, that means we're "scared"?

Yes. If you repeatedly post the same stuff over and over again concerning the acclaimed folly or dangers of Muslims, or feminists, or black people, or so called political correctness, you're probably scared of those things since you feel that it is important enough to continuously inform us about it. I mean, I'm pretty much scared of reactionary/regressive forces getting traction, of huge corporations, lobbyists and private/special interests in politics, and since that's the case most of my news posts would be about that. At least my posts of political nature.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 14, 2015, 06:38:47 AM
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-33464970

Suddenly pedos everywhere in Germany?

That's a really interesting, painful and creepy article worth reading. Needless to say this would never happen in the U.S., at least not in our lifetime. A complicated issue to say the least.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Actually SpreadEagleBeagle Dommrulz isn't off base. You have gone on rants about how people here are misguided more then few times. Usually when you disagree with what someone had to say and then disappear because you can't believe how AVPGmembers are "scared of black people, Muslims and feminists". Plus I haven't seen the actually racist guys here for a while now, unless they only hang out in the gamer forums.  'Cause I don't go there.

Most people here aren't racist or bigoted. They've mostly just inadvertently subscribed to the nationalistic "patriot" propaganda of the self proclaimed conservative ideology and have no issue with spreading it. Probably because they think it sounds great but have no real world experience with it. I mean holy crap I do think to myself if people really give any taught to what they say. Like don't they realize that all of these mean things politicians say; that they are talking about them.

This is why I loved George Carlin even though I know it was I that he was talking shit about and straight up calling an idiot. That's what his entire routine was. He was telling us that we are being screwed and there we sat laughing at ourselves thinking oh surely he means someone else, that's not me. Newsflash, it is you that he was talking shit about and every time a politician goes up there and says something like welfare or immigrant, he's really talking about anyone he considers below his/her power grade.

Oh and before someone bitches about liberals, yes they are just as bad with their eugenics ideology.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 14, 2015, 09:03:49 PM
Actually SpreadEagleBeagle Dommrulz isn't off base. You have gone on rants about how people here are misguided more then few times. Usually when you disagree with what someone had to say and then disappear because you can't believe how AVPGmembers are "scared of black people, Muslims and feminists". Plus I haven't seen the actually racist guys here for a while now, unless they only hang out in the gamer forums.  'Cause I don't go there.

I do admit though that I often sound hot tempered when I reread my posts a day or two later and I can totally understand if it doesn't sit well with some people, especially if you are of an opposing view. Even so, I think you/whiterabbit have gotten used to the stuff people say on this thread. Hubbs is relentless, then you have the occasional contributions of Batchainpuller and Winteractually to spice it up. It's not the good ol' cross burning Heil fest racism we all love but more the contemporary covert background static racism, heavily muddled and mixed with other intolerances. I doubt anyone here or anywhere see themselves as racists these days, but when they start venting stuff that can be directly traced back to its unflattering source it is easy to start yelling "Political Correctness!" and stuff like that in order to defend oneself. Case in point, Ted Nugent. If you ask him he doesn't have a racist bone in his body.

I want to add however that a bunch of racist beliefs and ideas don't make you a racist, because that would make us all racists. Holding onto those beliefs and idea and searching for "proof" to legitimize and enforce those racist beliefs and ideas rather than challenging them on the other hand.....

QuoteMost people here aren't racist or bigoted. They've mostly just inadvertently subscribed to the nationalistic "patriot" propaganda of the self proclaimed conservative ideology and have no issue with spreading it. Probably because they think it sounds great but have no real world experience with it. I mean holy crap I do think to myself if people really give any taught to what they say. Like don't they realize that all of these mean things politicians say; that they are talking about them.

So what you are saying is that I'm giving people too much credit? Maybe you're right.

I guess I'll tone it down next time I have it in me to counter and question some of the stuff vented around here. Or just leave it up to you since you don't seem to mind.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Oh it gets to me but like shit, this is the only forum I actually read and post at. Still it's not that I mind it or stopped caring; it's just that it really doesn't matter.

I pity the moth that blindly wanders into the fire like an out of control locomotive.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 14, 2015, 10:27:38 PM
Oh it gets to me but like shit, this is the only forum I actually read and post at. Still it's not that I mind it or stopped caring; it's just that it really doesn't matter.

You are absolutely right about that.

It would suck though if AVPGalaxy turned into some kind of light-weight 4chan breitbart hub pushing away neutrals, moderates and people of other views and ideals. I like my geek zone free from creepy stuff.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Most of the forum has to do with aliens and predators... there's not all that much ideology there that isn't AVP related. It shouldn't be surprising that people who love guns and testosterone love avp. It was made for them with that in mind. :P

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 14, 2015, 11:20:18 PM
Most of the forum has to do with aliens and predators... there's not all that much ideology there that isn't AVP related. It shouldn't be surprising that people who love guns and testosterone love avp. It was made for them with that in mind. :P

Tru dat. Thanks for keeping things in perspective

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 14, 2015, 05:27:46 PM
QuoteLOL that's a laugh. So if some of us post material you don't like/disagree with, that means we're "scared"?

Yes. If you repeatedly post the same stuff over and over again concerning the acclaimed folly or dangers of Muslims, or feminists, or black people, or so called political correctness, you're probably scared of those things since you feel that it is important enough to continuously inform us about it. I mean, I'm pretty much scared of reactionary/regressive forces getting traction, of huge corporations, lobbyists and private/special interests in politics, and since that's the case most of my news posts would be about that. At least my posts of political nature.

Feminists don't scare me. I just think they're mindless drones, not far removed from the Borg. As for political correctness, yeah, I am scared of it because it's just more bullshit designed to muzzle people and police our thoughts and actions so f**k that.

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 14, 2015, 05:27:46 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 14, 2015, 04:44:08 PMDon't be afraid to post what you want. Just post it and if people want to discuss it they will.

Maybe I will...

You can take this or leave it but I mean it when I say: I look forward to reading it :)

Hubbs

Hubbs

Don't wanna be relentless but ;) I agree that the Confederate flag should come down from any State building, but certain groups are determined to wipe out a portion of American history it seems (which does actually effect much more as we've seen). It has been one thing after another, bit by bit, the original terms were clear but obviously people have lied. I think this is PC in the extreme and its very worrying, PC police state coming to a town near you folks. But hey its your country, your history, up to you guys.

High school mascots are now the target.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/more-trouble-at-richland-high-in-texas-this-time-about-its-confederate-inspired-rebels-mascot

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/education/2015/07/12/support-for-richland-high-school-rebels-mascot/30066569/

Allan Hearrean, who was at the protest said to CBS-DFW that efforts to change the mascot are a 'cultural cleansing of the South. They are removing anything that relates to anything Southern. Sooner or later being a Texan will be racist.'

The rally was sparked after Reverend Kyev Tatum of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference filed complaints with the district and state after over the school's rebel mascot and Dixie Belles and Johnny Rebs student groups, noting that the school district "is over 50 percent children of color." The high school's logo draws clear inspiration from the embattled flag.

So...the children of colour are more important than everyone else because there are more? they come first?
So...the high school logo draws inspiration from the Confederate flag!! lol! So even if something might be inspired by the flag, but doesn't actually look like the flag, that has to go too! lol! Ridiculous!

And hey, I'm just posting the news man ;) and I know all about political correctness, I live in the EU controlled UK!  ::)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Man I can't handle political correctness and I'm pretty sure it was created by lawyers to sue freedom of speech in the arse. Now everyone is so damn afraid to say something for fear of offending someone. That ain't right.

And what the hell is wrong with breat feeding or for that matter letting women walk around with their chichiballs hanging out?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed