In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,427,224 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Yeah, that's just NZ (and Aus) for you. They eventually found him in another city thanks to Facebook stalkers lol

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2015/02/24/out-of-fear-of-racism-sweden-changes-the-names-of-bird-species/

QuoteBird watching has long been a popular and seemingly harmless weekend activity in Sweden. Its innocence, however, came to an abrupt end when many of the country's bird lovers were suddenly confronted with allegations of racism.

You heard it here first. Bird names are racist.

vikingr

vikingr

Oh, my friend in Sweden shot birds, when he told me he killed 12 gypsies the other day. Damn.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Typical case of getting offended for the sake of getting offended. Do these people even realize they're only claiming to be outraged because they want attention and to feel special?

I still remember when crayons had negro on them and the black kids thought it was funny.

Spoiler
They didn't even get offended when I asked them if they liked mayonnaise.
[close]

Sozin

Sozin

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 04, 2015, 04:27:12 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2015/02/24/out-of-fear-of-racism-sweden-changes-the-names-of-bird-species/

QuoteBird watching has long been a popular and seemingly harmless weekend activity in Sweden. Its innocence, however, came to an abrupt end when many of the country's bird lovers were suddenly confronted with allegations of racism.
You heard it here first. Bird names are racist.
I really don't see the problem here. Especially since most of these birds are completely unknown to the general public. People who have never heard of these birds are stirring up shit like it's the most outrageous thing that has ever happened over here. Me, I don't really see the need for a "Negrobird".

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Sweden isn't known for its political sanity.

Hubbs

Hubbs

So here in the UK we have Blue Tits...

am I being sexist?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

These are just species names, people are taking it out of context.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Mar 04, 2015, 10:42:32 PM
These are just species names, people are taking it out of context.

Yet they are actually really changing the names ;D ::) Isn't Black bird also racist? ;)

All this from a country which freely gives jobs and housing to IS terrorists when they return  -_-

Gate

Gate

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

They do look the same, actually.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/04/fajita-prayer-lawsuit_n_6803864.html

QuoteA New Jersey appellate court says a man cannot seek damages for burns he suffered while bowing his head in prayer over a sizzling steak fajita skillet at a restaurant.

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/05/africa/ethiopia-ancient-jawbone-discovery/

Quote(CNN)With the discovery of a gray, fossilized jawbone in a remote corner of Ethiopia, a student at Arizona State University may have changed our understanding of our earliest ancestors.

The partial lower jaw is the oldest known fossil evidence of the genus Homo, to which modern day humans belong, according to a study published Wednesday in the journal Science.

The jawbone has been dated to 2.8 million years ago -- which predates the previously known fossils of the Homo lineage by approximately 400,000 years, according to Arizona State University.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 04, 2015, 10:35:44 PM
Sweden isn't known for its political sanity.

Has there ever been a truly "politically sane" country ever?

To me Sweden seems like a way saner place than let's say, uh, the good ol' U, S of A, but that isn't saying much... :/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed