In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,426,850 times)

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

If Scotland secedes will they be shoehorned into a similar arrangement as the commonwealth countries? I mean like will they still have the Queen as the ceremonial head of state represented by a Governor-General with a Prime Minister as the actual head of Gov?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

A house divided against itself cannot stand. Abraham Lincoln never lies.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Gonna miss the good ol' Union Jack.

Guess the 'strayans and Kiwi's will also have to change their flag if Scotland secedes.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

They are going to join the states so we can have a whiteboy coalition. 

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Nah, there's enough of their crap in the 'Muricaâ„¢ thread already.

Eva

Eva

I'm not really invested in whether Scotland should leave the Union or not - that's entirely their business to decide. I am somewhat offended by the sudden interest from panicking English politicians voicing dystopian scenarios now that some polls indicate that the Yes side is suddenly slightly ahead just prior to the vote being held. Where were they when the No side was comfortably ahead? It didn't seem like they cared much about the vote and considered the whole thing an exercise to get over and done with.

Quote from: Vickers on Sep 11, 2014, 06:23:28 PM
I still believe Oscar Pistorius is guilty but he will be sentenced to culpable homicide. And it will be a light sentence.

You could argue that a 'lesser sentence' than the South-African equivalent to 1st degree is justifiable, as the prosecution haven't been able to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he committed 1st degree murder. But it's one of these cases where everything indicates that murder was his intention (as I believe myself), but you simply can't prove it in a court room.

These days, it seems that every month breaks a new story about some poor black man being released from prison in the US, serving life or waiting on death row, because of a police investigation, testimonies, evidence and witness statements that weren't worth much more than horse shit when put under scientific scrutiny.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Canada has many Scottish symbols, and Canada has more Scottish regiments than any other place in the world, including Scotland itself, and my great uncle fought and died in one of these Scottish regiments in WW2.

So yea, I'm definitely sympathetic to U.K unity, and for other reasons as well.

SM

SM

No vote is ahead by four points a week out from the vote.  Can't see that changing.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 11, 2014, 08:04:30 PM
Gonna miss the good ol' Union Jack.

Guess the 'strayans and Kiwi's will also have to change their flag if Scotland secedes.

We should've had this flag years ago...

DO YOU SEE!!!!!

War Wager

War Wager

Personally I'm hoping for a Yes vote. We have very little control over our own economy and the bulk of decisions made at Westminster are primarily going to benefit England first and foremost. Good points galore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNvfSL8eJLQ#ws

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

there are lots of Scottish people that come to the University of Kentucky to learn about horses.......

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Might have something to do with the Scottish Unicorn.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I don't know mang.  They come over to UK and take a lot of ag classes and then work on a farm before heading back over to Scotland to put whatever they learned to use.

Most of them end up staying though.

SM

SM

They just got their different UKs mixed up.

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Eva on Sep 11, 2014, 08:29:29 PM
I'm not really invested in whether Scotland should leave the Union or not - that's entirely their business to decide. I am somewhat offended by the sudden interest from panicking English politicians voicing dystopian scenarios now that some polls indicate that the Yes side is suddenly slightly ahead just prior to the vote being held. Where were they when the No side was comfortably ahead? It didn't seem like they cared much about the vote and considered the whole thing an exercise to get over and done with.

Quote from: Vickers on Sep 11, 2014, 06:23:28 PM
I still believe Oscar Pistorius is guilty but he will be sentenced to culpable homicide. And it will be a light sentence.

You could argue that a 'lesser sentence' than the South-African equivalent to 1st degree is justifiable, as the prosecution haven't been able to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he committed 1st degree murder. But it's one of these cases where everything indicates that murder was his intention (as I believe myself), but you simply can't prove it in a court room.

These days, it seems that every month breaks a new story about some poor black man being released from prison in the US, serving life or waiting on death row, because of a police investigation, testimonies, evidence and witness statements that weren't worth much more than horse shit when put under scientific scrutiny.

Totally agree with you on both points (as usual) Eva. Team Westminster are possibly making the yes vote greater with their pathetic grovelling...f*cking hope so. A yes vote means virtually the end of the Labour party so Cameron is full of sh*t, its all so two faced. Mind you Labour and Blair kick started the immigration crisis back in the 90's so we don't want them back in. We want Cameron and his Cons staying put so he can keep his promise for a referendum on the EU next year...if that turns out to be a lie or they try to pull a fast one there will be a fecking revolution dagnabbit!

Pistorius: had an argument with his sexy girlfriend over other blokes, got mad, she went to toilet, he followed and blew her away, guilty...the end. And I thought SA was beyond corruption now  ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed