In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,426,915 times)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: BANE on Jan 07, 2014, 04:43:06 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 07, 2014, 04:36:10 PM
Freedom of religion. If Christians can plaster crosses wherever they want, I don't see an issue with the statue. It'll also help educate people about what Satanism is, i.e. not devil worshiping.
I actually worship the phallic God Dickaloo, so I see no reason why I can't plaster dildos on street corners and parks.

I mean, Dickaloo isn't simply about sex. No, He's much more than that; he's about all pleasure. The sooner people get in touch with Dickaloo through our strategically placed dildos (the symbol of how he died; impaled on an enormous phallic statue by the jealous Romans), the more educated they'll be.
How do I join?

BANE

BANE

No no no, you misunderstand Dickaloo. This is what I'm talking about. There needs to be an education, to right the ignorance of common folk. Dickaloo is the God of pleasure, not fertility. He doesn't judge you if you're shooting blanks or are as dry and barren as the tundra. If you feel good, you're in touch with Dickaloo. We commemorate this wondrous Lord using strategically plastered Dildos (parks, schools, businesses, etc...) because, as I mentioned before, he was impaled on an enormous phallic statue, not unlike the Washington Monument (except not as pointy; it had a nice round top bit) by jealous Romans who believed that to ejaculate so freely and with such abandon as Dickaloo did was improper. Nonsense. We celebrate the 3rd weekend of every March by wearing crotchless pants to commemorate the 2 day and 3 night erection of Dickaloo, a feat unmatched to this day.

So in accordance with my freedom of religion that DoomRulz so rightly brings up, much like the Satanists and their giant scary statue I am very much entitled to tape my religious dildos in public places. It's to educate people, don't you know.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: BANE on Jan 07, 2014, 04:43:06 PM
Freedom of religion. If Christians can plaster crosses wherever they want, I don't see an issue with the statue. It'll also help educate people about what Satanism is, i.e. not devil worshiping.
I actually worship the phallic God Dickaloo, so I see no reason why I can't plaster dildos on street corners and parks.

I mean, Dickaloo isn't simply about sex. No, He's much more than that; he's about all pleasure. The sooner people get in touch with Dickaloo through our strategically placed dildos (the symbol of how he died; impaled on an enormous phallic statue by the jealous Romans), the more educated they'll be.

Hm. Will there be any Aliens in this imagery?

Eva

Eva

The non-theistic satanists, picked a very poor name for their belief system. You can't really blame people if they can't tell the difference between this lot and the 'traditional devil worshipers'.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Freedom of religion is the right to worship how you chose.  If you want to practice Satanism go right ahead, nobody cares.  Don't let it bleed into my life like plastering freaky statues in public to prove your point.  Signs of the devil represent evil to the masses.  You can give me or anyone one else any history lesson you wish, it will still represent evil to the general public even after the additional Wikipedia hits the statue might stir.

Regarding the cross, crosses do not offend most people.  Crosses do not represent evil, in fact it's the opposite of what the symbol represents to the general public so it's not an equal comparison. 

Vakarian

Vakarian

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 07, 2014, 12:31:21 PM
Satanic Temple unveils 7-foot goat-headed Baphomet statue for Oklahoma Capitol.

I support this. I'm not a fan of religion usually but I support this one.

I couldn't really care less about any religious meaning behind it, but it does look cool as f**k.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Christianity has committed plenty of evil deeds throughout history so yes, I would argue that depending on who you are, it can represent evil. It's also about freedom of expression in addition to freedom of religion. Some people find a cross offensive to their belief system and ideals yet it hasn't deterred the state from allowing them to go up so I don't see why this statue should be treated any differently.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Does this mean I can scream "MAIM KILL BURN" at the top of my lungs in praise of mighty Khorne?

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 07, 2014, 06:14:32 PM
Christianity has committed plenty of evil deeds throughout history so yes, I would argue that depending on who you are, it can represent evil. It's also about freedom of expression in addition to freedom of religion. Some people find a cross offensive to their belief system and ideals yet it hasn't deterred the state from allowing them to go up so I don't see why this statue should be treated any differently.

Freedom of expression within boundaries.  Office clothes offend me,  but if I showed up for work in my birthday suite because of my new belief system and freedom of expression then my career as as book keeper will come to a sharp end when my old school female boss does not share the same opinion. 

Someone will always be offended by something, where do we draw the lines as a society? Giant goat statues on public grounds is a start.  For the majority the cross has always symbolized hope.  What has the giant goat symbolized?  I doubt it's hope.  What we do today is the path we leave for the next generation. 

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Deathbearer on Jan 07, 2014, 06:16:36 PM
Does this mean I can scream "MAIM KILL BURN" at the top of my lungs in praise of mighty Khorne?

I was actually thinking it would make a great display at a metal concert 8)

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Jan 07, 2014, 06:31:27 PM
What we do today is the path we leave for the next generation. 

We can start by breaking free of old societal rules and evolve a little. I'd rather my kids, if I ever have any, grow up in a society of free tolerance, not a society of over-sensitive crybabies.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 07, 2014, 07:26:45 PM
I'd rather my kids, if I ever have any, grow up in a society of free tolerance, not a society of over-sensitive crybabies.
Political correctness isn't a religious thing.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

We can start by breaking free of old societal rules and evolve a little. I'd rather my kids, if I ever have any, grow up in a society of free tolerance, not a society of over-sensitive crybabies.

It is possible to disagree with someone without the name calling, how disappointing.

However, I came from a generation of loud heavy metal and this image splattered all over every record album and poster in the mall.  It served it's purpose for rebellious kids in the 80s and then every one just grew out of it.  Not even RJD wanted to make a statue out of it except on stage for show. It will always have the same meaning behind it to me.

Tolerance and evolving as a society can be accomplished without the extremes.  This statue is an extreme that society can do without in my humble opinion.  That's the point Doom, this is just my opinion.  Tolerance is a two way street btw.

SM

SM

The whole thing's kinda moot anyway since the statue will never be built.

They're just trying to get a rise out of people, and some are getting sucked in.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Jan 07, 2014, 07:45:06 PM

It is possible to disagree with someone without the name calling, how disappointing.

However, I came from a generation of loud heavy metal and this image splattered all over every record album and poster in the mall.  It served it's purpose for rebellious kids in the 80s and then every one just grew out of it.  Not even RJD wanted to make a statue out of it except on stage for show. It will always have the same meaning behind it to me.

Tolerance and evolving as a society can be accomplished without the extremes.  This statue is an extreme that society can do without in my humble opinion.  That's the point Doom, this is just my opinion.  Tolerance is a two way street btw.

Alice, I wasn't referring to you. The people who are usually bothered the most by this sort of thing are the ones who go home and cry about the world not revolving around them and their sensitivities.

I don't see this statue as an extreme, personally. I don't think it's any different than a statue of Jesus that's found in some Latin American countries.

SM

SM

Quote[Alice, I wasn't referring to you. The people who are usually bothered the most by this sort of thing are the ones who go home and cry about the world not revolving around them and their sensitivities.

Is that like crying about the world being on a downward spiral, but churches that promote individualism are no biggy?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed