Author
In The News (Read 1,427,281 times)

Cal427eb

BANE

Aspie

Aspie

HappyAlien

HappyAlien

The thing with the Boston Bombings and i don't mean to sound insensitive is that only 3 people died. There are many accidents, mass shootings and terrorist attacks around the world that kill far more people than this yet get less news coverage. Maybe cause it was at a sporting event in America or something. That explosion near Waco killed far more people yet got hardly any press attention.

In a way by making such a big deal about terrorist attacks on the news as opposed to other deaths they are helping the terrorists. They make them into celebrities for other terrorists. All the time in Australia we have car accidents that kill 3 or more people yet the press coverage is much smaller. Its a bit like when one person gets eaten by a shark everyone freaks out and wants the wipe out sharks yet you are far more likely to die from cancer or a car accident than a shark attack or terrorist attack.

Its sad that 3 people dies esp when one is a little boy but people are dying all over the world at the hands of other human beings i personally think this event had been given huge amounts of publicity. Its a bit like when Katrina got more publicity/news coverage than the Tsunami that killed over 250,000 in Asia while Katrina only killed like 1500. If the Tsunami had happened in the U.S we would have heard about it for the next ten years if Katrina had happened in Asia we would have heard about it for one day and then never again.

Yes 3 lives is bad but by having so much about on the news it might inspire terrorists cause all they have to do is kill a couple of people in the U.S to get their names and faces put around the world. If a terrorist blows up 80-100 people in Iraq they don't get one tenth the news coverage that these two scumbags  have. That being said the police over there did a good job of catching these guys and making sure they did not do anything worse. But i think it will show terrorists that if you do a an attack in the states that only kills a few people you will get a tonne of publicity.

I don't really worry about terrrorism as cancer will most likely kill me i think it was more scary in the 80's with nuclear destruction just around the corner.Terrorist attacks account for so few deaths in the West. The main worry is if they get their hands on nukes or chemical weapons.

Cvalda

Cvalda

SM

SM

Quote from: HappyAlien on Apr 28, 2013, 04:39:29 AM
The thing with the Boston Bombings and i don't mean to sound insensitive is that only 3 people died. There are many accidents, mass shootings and terrorist attacks around the world that kill far more people than this yet get less news coverage. Maybe cause it was at a sporting event in America or something. That explosion near Waco killed far more people yet got hardly any press attention.

In a way by making such a big deal about terrorist attacks on the news as opposed to other deaths they are helping the terrorists. They make them into celebrities for other terrorists. All the time in Australia we have car accidents that kill 3 or more people yet the press coverage is much smaller. Its a bit like when one person gets eaten by a shark everyone freaks out and wants the wipe out sharks yet you are far more likely to die from cancer or a car accident than a shark attack or terrorist attack.

Its sad that 3 people dies esp when one is a little boy but people are dying all over the world at the hands of other human beings i personally think this event had been given huge amounts of publicity. Its a bit like when Katrina got more publicity/news coverage than the Tsunami that killed over 250,000 in Asia while Katrina only killed like 1500. If the Tsunami had happened in the U.S we would have heard about it for the next ten years if Katrina had happened in Asia we would have heard about it for one day and then never again.

Yes 3 lives is bad but by having so much about on the news it might inspire terrorists cause all they have to do is kill a couple of people in the U.S to get their names and faces put around the world. If a terrorist blows up 80-100 people in Iraq they don't get one tenth the news coverage that these two scumbags  have. That being said the police over there did a good job of catching these guys and making sure they did not do anything worse. But i think it will show terrorists that if you do a an attack in the states that only kills a few people you will get a tonne of publicity.

I don't really worry about terrrorism as cancer will most likely kill me i think it was more scary in the 80's with nuclear destruction just around the corner.Terrorist attacks account for so few deaths in the West. The main worry is if they get their hands on nukes or chemical weapons.

Depends where you live.  The Waco explosion got a stack of coverage and the Boxing Day tsunami got way more than Katrina.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: HappyAlien on Apr 28, 2013, 04:39:29 AM

We discussed this a few pages back I think it was. Basically, if it doesn't happen in the States, no one cares. But if it does, the whole world slams on the brakes.

EEV2650

EEV2650

Everyone thinks the U.S.A. is untouchable and for the most part it really is. So when something like the Boston Bombing happens everybody loses their minds. It really annoys the hell out of me that such a big deal is made too.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

maledoro

maledoro

Wah.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Aspie on Apr 30, 2013, 05:10:55 AM
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Latest-News-Wires/2013/0429/14-year-old-forced-to-get-pregnant-surrogate-for-her-mom

:(

Quotethe judge quoted the teenager as saying said she was shocked by the suggestion, but thought, "If I do this ... maybe she will love me more."

God damn...I can't even continue reading.

Quote from: EEV2650 on Apr 29, 2013, 09:31:04 AM
Everyone thinks the U.S.A. is untouchable and for the most part it really is. So when something like the Boston Bombing happens everybody loses their minds. It really annoys the hell out of me that such a big deal is made too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0AXgaFqEas#ws

Aspie

Aspie

I weep for humanity.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed