In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,426,619 times)

BANE

BANE

Oh, I misinterpreted.

In any case, the woman is clearly attempting to exploit the man, otherwise she wouldn't have married him. Why else would she have agreed to marry the guy if not simply for exploitation and the eventual financial payoff? She puts in a few years of rubbing up against Wrinkles McBallshanginglow and then gets oodles of money when he dies, and it's her hope that it's sooner rather than later.

Or at least that's the common scenario.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Well yes, but he also gets to rub his wrinkly old balls against her for that time.

It's high class prostitution, really. A business transaction. Everyone wins!

Granted, there are some trophy wives who do love their husbands. You should see the doc Queen of Versailles.

BANE

BANE

Well yeah, she has to give him some sort of incentive to leave her money.

I shall check out that doc.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: BANE on Apr 10, 2013, 10:57:32 PM
It's all about the 'sanctity' of marriage. Unfortunately for their argument, marriage has developed into something people can't seem to manage for more than 5 years anymore and is being used to exploit rich, old men. It lost it's sanctity in a lot of places long before gay marriage will ever get widespread legality.

The 'sanctity' of marriage? What the hell does that even mean? As long as there's genuine, unconditional love between two consenting partners, I'd say the sanctity is brimming.

BANE

BANE

Look up the word sanctity in Google.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: BANE on Apr 11, 2013, 02:32:13 AM

Wiseguy, I'm being facetious. It's like you said. Marriage has lost all meaning because it can't seem to last these days.

BANE

BANE

Okay, another pleasant conversation ruined by the lack of ability to express sarcasm through text.  :-\

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Gah, let's forget that part, lol. Alright, sarcasm taken ;)

SM

SM

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 11, 2013, 02:36:12 AM

Wiseguy, I'm being facetious. It's like you said. Marriage has lost all meaning because it can't seem to last these days.

A broad generalisation?  Here??  I'm shocked!!  Shocked to my very core!!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

There has been worse.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Apr 11, 2013, 05:39:18 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 11, 2013, 02:36:12 AM

A broad generalisation?  Here??  I'm shocked!!  Shocked to my very core!!

But daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!!! He said it first!!!!

SM

SM

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 11, 2013, 05:46:31 AM
There has been worse.

A big call, and no mistake!!

JCGAuthor

JCGAuthor

Someone made the point that in a country affected by a 50% divorce rate, that should be the primary concern, and I find it hard to argue with that. Where's the outrage over the fact that marriage is increasingly treated like an extended date?

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 08, 2013, 04:53:32 PM
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/04/08/margaret_thatcher_dead_britain_s_iron_lady_died_of_a_stroke.html

Margaret Thatcher, the conservative "Iron Lady" of British politics who was Prime Minister for 11 years, died of a stroke on Monday. She was 87 years old.
Good riddance and ta-ta!

maledoro

maledoro

A postcard from the Thatcher era:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6T9qp9XbRY#

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed