In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,427,150 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: maledoro on Mar 30, 2013, 01:47:25 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 29, 2013, 08:21:44 PM
You're still wrong. According to official numbers, World War 2 has the highest death toll of 20th century wars, even more so than conflicts that were religiously driven like the Crusades, for instance.

Don't believe me? See for yourself.
WWII? Didn't that have something to do with a guy from Austria who told his German, et al., minions to wear "Gott mit Uns" ("God Is with Us") on their belts while killing Jews?

QuoteHistorian Paul Johnson writes of the ideological connection between Nietzsche and Hitler:

Adolf Hitler . . . was a disciple of Friedrich Nietzsche.. . . Hitler hated Christianity with a passion which rivaled Lenin's. Shortly after assuming power in 1933, he told Hermann Rauschnig that he intended 'to stamp out Christianity root and branch.' 'One is either a Christian or a German--you cannot be both,' he added. . . . He said, 'I want a powerful, masterly, cruel and fearless youth. . . . The freedom and dignity of the wild beast must shine from their eyes. . ..'[12]

If he was a Christian, he didn't care too much for it. Using religion as a way to control the masses is twisted indeed but that doesn't mean Hitler himself was a devout follower. He just knew how to use people.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."

"The völkisch-minded man, in particular, has the sacred duty, each in his own denomination, of making people stop just talking superficially of God's will, and actually fulfill God's will, and not let God's word be desecrated. For God's will gave men their form, their essence and their abilities. Anyone who destroys His work is declaring war on the Lord's creation, the divine will."

I would like here to appeal to a greater than I, Count Lerchenfeld. He said in the last session of the Landtag that his feeling 'as a man and a Christian' prevented him from being an anti-Semite. I say: My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. .. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison.

"What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence and the reproduction of our race ... so that our people may mature for the fulfilment of the mission allotted it by the creator of the universe. ... Peoples that bastardize themselves, or let themselves be bastardized, sin against the will of eternal Providence."

- HITLER

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

We can go back and forth on this but at this point it'll be quote vs. quote.

Hitler may have been a Christian at first but as the Nazis took over, he slandered Christianity heavily and wanted to stamp it out. He wanted to make Nazism (he appointed Alfred Rosenberg as the state's official Nazi ideologist) the official state religion which is in itself stupid considering Nazism is a political ideology, not a theological one.

Aspie

Aspie

These past 5 pages seem to have been extracted from the mind of Xeno Killer 2179

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Clicky; Wikipedia, sure, but there are sources for what is said there.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I was reading that page too. From what I'm reading, publicly he was all for Christianity but privately, he slandered it very easily.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Saying that Hitler is a Christian is the same as saying a gay that's in the closet is straight.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Aspie on Mar 30, 2013, 07:59:34 PM
These past 5 pages seem to have been extracted from the mind of Xeno Killer 2179

Aren't we all just figments of his imagination?

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Oh FFS... I know a lot of people here like to pretend they know "stuff" but Hitlers Christianity in his political life was based off "running" a (at that time) Christian nation. He knew he couldn't truly challenge the churches and did what every political figure has done since then: Invoke the peoples' religion and the things they follow. He did what Hitler did: He spoke out of both sides in his mouth. Reflected in his "religious" views (for brevity sake) and how many treaties he broke after making them. He invoked God's name to garner support. He knew he (as aforementioned) couldn't control or grind away the churches so best to put them at ease as best he could.

What did he say and do behind close doors?

Well, lets just say you don't say Hermann that he would "to stamp out Christianity root and branch"  - not exactly the most Christian thing to say. I could go on but it would be a waste of time. If people are so interested in the History of this pick up a book, there are a many interesting books on the subject written by HISTORIANS rather then people here piecing together horseshit.

As Cal pointed out, Hitler was as Christian as I am Buddhist.

EDIT:

Just checked out that Wiki omega. Its surprisingly OK. It pretty much said what I said right at the top of it.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

About time we got ScardyFox in here!

Quote from: ScardyFox on Mar 29, 2013, 11:55:14 AM
Not sure if I can be bothered to get into this again...

Yet all these misnomers about Hitler is kinda sad... like people don't pick up history books anymore.

Mm just dunno...

I knew you couldn't resist!

Spoiler
[close]

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Bah - I've been somehow reversed trolled!

I'm out and will not return!

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 30, 2013, 07:37:20 PMAdolf Hitler . . . was a disciple of Friedrich Nietzsche.. . . Hitler hated Christianity with a passion which rivaled Lenin's. Shortly after assuming power in 1933, he told Hermann Rauschnig that he intended 'to stamp out Christianity root and branch.' 'One is either a Christian or a German--you cannot be both,' he added. . . . He said, 'I want a powerful, masterly, cruel and fearless youth. . . . The freedom and dignity of the wild beast must shine from their eyes. . ..'[12]

If he was a Christian, he didn't care too much for it. Using religion as a way to control the masses is twisted indeed but that doesn't mean Hitler himself was a devout follower. He just knew how to use people.
And that would be via religion, yes?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

But that doesn't make him inherently religious.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: ScardyFox on Mar 30, 2013, 08:57:48 PM
Oh FFS... I know a lot of people here like to pretend they know "stuff"
Oh ScardyFox, where would these braindead heathens be without your self-righteous intellectual grandstanding?

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 31, 2013, 05:17:00 PM
Quote from: ScardyFox on Mar 30, 2013, 08:57:48 PM
Oh FFS... I know a lot of people here like to pretend they know "stuff"
Oh ScardyFox, where would these braindead heathens be without your self-righteous intellectual grandstanding?

Listening to your relentless insipid droning I would imagine.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed