In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,426,641 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: maledoro on Mar 28, 2013, 03:55:37 PM
Science and religion are like ice cream and spinach: you want to keep them on separate dishes as they do not mix well.

Yet some fool went ahead and did this:

Cvalda

Cvalda

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/03/28/guys_who_do_housework_get_less_sex.html
QuoteIn marriages where women performed all the typically female tasks (cleaning, cooking, shopping—called "core work" by the researchers), couples had sex 1.6 times more per month than couples where men carried out all these traditionally female chores. In marriages where men helped out but stuck to stereotypical male tasks ("non-core" work such automobile maintenance, yard work, bill-paying, and snow shoveling), couples had sex 0.7 times more than those where women performed the traditional male tasks. But, as the researchers point out, even in marriages where men did 40 percent of the "female" chores, couples experience "substantially lower sexual frequency than households in which women perform all the core [typically female] chores." Put simply: There appears to be an inverse relationship between husbands doing traditionally female tasks and sexual frequency.

I don't know what's more depressing: the results of this study or the fact that these "happily married couples" only had sex five times a month on average. Seriously? Five times a month? Jesus Christ.

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 28, 2013, 06:09:44 PM
http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/03/28/guys_who_do_housework_get_less_sex.html
QuoteIn marriages where women performed all the typically female tasks (cleaning, cooking, shopping—called "core work" by the researchers), couples had sex 1.6 times more per month than couples where men carried out all these traditionally female chores. In marriages where men helped out but stuck to stereotypical male tasks ("non-core" work such automobile maintenance, yard work, bill-paying, and snow shoveling), couples had sex 0.7 times more than those where women performed the traditional male tasks. But, as the researchers point out, even in marriages where men did 40 percent of the "female" chores, couples experience "substantially lower sexual frequency than households in which women perform all the core [typically female] chores." Put simply: There appears to be an inverse relationship between husbands doing traditionally female tasks and sexual frequency.

I don't know what's more depressing: the results of this study or the fact that these "happily married couples" only had sex five times a month on average. Seriously? Five times a month? Jesus Christ.

Well most if not all religous couples only do it for procreation. Think of that! Of course you can be like Jim Bob and his f*cked up clan and do it once every other year with a child being the result of it.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Mar 28, 2013, 03:28:02 PM
Can science and religion even coexist going forward? Personally, I would prefer that religion just "goes away" as I dont see any positives to those who embrace religion. Call me a dickwad but I personally think atheists are intellectually and ethically higher in status than those who embrace any sort of religion. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way but heck, maybe I'm alone in this sort of thinking(atheism>religion)
::)

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 28, 2013, 04:39:10 PM
Science and religion are like ice cream and spinach: you want to keep them on separate dishes as they do not mix well.
You're comparing religion to a nutritious, leafy green?
Well, I was gunning for the negative perception of the flavor, and not the health benefits.

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 28, 2013, 04:39:10 PMNah, religion is more like marmite.
That's a better symbol. I'm gonna steal that.

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 28, 2013, 05:54:26 PM
Yet some fool went ahead and did this:http://www.tasteandtellblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Spinach-Ice-Cream-recipe-taste-and-tell-2.jpg
"Fool" is far too gentle a word.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 28, 2013, 02:28:42 AM
Some ignorant redneck dumbasses dry-humping their bibles and not really accomplishing much is hardly a war.

:laugh:

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 28, 2013, 05:54:26 PM

Yet some fool went ahead and did this:

http://www.tasteandtellblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Spinach-Ice-Cream-recipe-taste-and-tell-2.jpg

What f**king torture is this?!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Mar 28, 2013, 03:28:02 PM
Can science and religion even coexist going forward? Personally, I would prefer that religion just "goes away" as I dont see any positives to those who embrace religion. Call me a dickwad but I personally think atheists are intellectually and ethically higher in status than those who embrace any sort of religion. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way but heck, maybe I'm alone in this sort of thinking(atheism>religion)

Then you're an idiot. Atheists can be just as dangerous as any religious fundamentalism and I would actually argue that atheists can in fact be more intolerant than some religious folks.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 29, 2013, 02:37:01 AM
Then you're an idiot. Atheists can be just as dangerous as any religious fundamentalism and I would actually argue that atheists can in fact be more intolerant than some religious folks.
Gimme a list of of all the crimes and terrorist acts committed in the name of atheism in the past decade.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 29, 2013, 02:57:42 AM
Gimme a list of of all the crimes and terrorist acts committed in the name of atheism in the past decade.

Yup, religion has often proved to be more evil than the "evil" it protects us against.

BANE

BANE

The great Kentucky Kwik-E Mart raid.

Lack-of-religious fundamentalist monsters, the lot of them.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

http://listverse.com/2010/06/05/10-people-who-give-atheism-a-bad-name/

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Ever heard of economic atheism? Look no further than Joseph Stalin's regime or Adolf Hitler's.

Quote from: Cal427eb on Mar 29, 2013, 03:02:47 AM
http://listverse.com/2010/06/05/10-people-who-give-atheism-a-bad-name/

Well there you go, look who's #1.

Vickers

Vickers

10 people who give cat lovers a bad name:

[list 10 people who are really bad people who happen to love cats but didn't necessarily commit any atrocious acts in the name of cats][/list]

Cvalda

Cvalda

It's cute that neither of you could actually answer according to my criteria.

Conversely, the list of religious terrorists over the past decade would be frighteningly long indeed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed