Help needed for AvP Modding Common.en, Common.asr ETC

Started by NTENZE, Nov 11, 2012, 11:13:45 AM

Author
Help needed for AvP Modding Common.en, Common.asr ETC (Read 1,842 times)

NTENZE

Hi, im currently in need for help ASAP on AvP.
Im trying to import the files of Sounds and skins into my game, i know exactly how to do it, my mates even come on teamviewer. this is what i did.
Dragged the .en files into Misc folder.
Opened up Common.lst
On each line i did Misc\[FileName].en
Etc.

Then i opened the game it did not work ive tried this for months!

So i deleted my Common.Asr and Common.en Just in case i edited it, i was pretty sure i did accidently.
I ran avp.
Everything worked fine exactly as it was without the files.
For some reason its just not linking to the to files Common.en and common.asr.
So any editing in Common.lst just does not work.
I have no idea what to do, how do i get a fresh copy of the 2 files i deleted.
Things ive tried:
Delete files, restart steam to see if theres an update to get the new files (Didnt work)

I have no idea someone please help me! I wanna install mods. Plz no one else is having this problem except me.
thank you please reply!!

MoonerSK

if you want steam to download the two files go to steam library right clock on avp in the panel where you selecting games and sellect there properties(it musnt be called exactly properties but something similar i do not have steam in english so i do not know how exactly it is called) it will open a small window select there local files. there you will have 4 options and the third one should be something like check something  :). select the option and is will start checking your files if some files are missing it will download them.

to the problem with instalation of mods, there can be a problem in the mod but i cant say it on 100% without the mod.

NTENZE

Yeah, ive currently tried that, is it called.
Verify integrity of game cache?

I also thought it shouldve done that as well but it didnt.
Just for some reason, the Common files arent even there. There not even used.
Thats why im very confused.

MoonerSK

Verify integrity of game cache that is it, but if it dont download the missing files them only way to get them back is to reinstal the game

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed