A Time of Remakes and More Remakes!

Started by A.Nightmare, Aug 24, 2007, 04:33:43 PM

Author
A Time of Remakes and More Remakes! (Read 4,807 times)

A.Nightmare

With Little or no imagination left in Hollywood or in the screenwriter's pens, there have been the urge to create remakes or sequels. With few movies bouncing back, such as Batman Begins and the rebirth of the series, people have started to move into the Alien series. With a not so great venture with Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection. Will the studios take the route the revitalize the series? Of course, I am not talking about starting over with Alien...that would be a great sin...Where do you think the story should go? Should start with a new cast? A fresh breath?  Let us know what you think?

Uncanny Antman

I get the general vibe of your question, but I'll be damned if I can decifer the middle section of that..."paragraph."

A.Nightmare

Sorry..I'm at work and doing like 3 jobs in between...sorry for the complication. Lost my mind here at work and lost what i was talking about. I guess my jist is..would a remake be plausible? Thats what I should of said....

XENOMORPH ALIENS

I really dont like the idea of remaking the alien movies. i know some fans hated alien 3 and alien resurrection but i liked both of them they're way better than the piece of crap AVP and AVP-R which was so poorly made and i would rather see both those movies of AVP being remade. there has to be some fresh ideas out there somewhere for bring back the alien series to life. i like to see both Ridley Scott and James Cameron to take the alien series for a new spin and bring back something different and orginal and not having the same ol stuff going back and forth. i want to see the mystery and the deadlyness of the aliens. like who ash said in Alien "Perfect Organism" i want to see something like that back to the alien franchise.

Private Hudson

Alien 5 is the way to go, remaking Alien would be near impossible, it is a classic.

Byohzrd

Quote from: XENOMORPH ALIENS on Jul 30, 2008, 03:50:29 AM"Perfect Orgasm"
hehe i was rreading through and i thought you typed that. justhad to post a joke.

i think that alien 3 was a perfect way to end the series, and i really dont think that anything else should be done to the series at all.

wolfboy22

Remakes are out of the question now since Alien 5 is in talks and AVP3 will be out not too long from now, plus it wouldnt make much sense to just remake Alien3 and A:R.

Eidotemit

I actually wouldn't mind a new line of Alien story, at least not as much as the alternatives. I don't know about a 'reboot' though, where the original tetralogy is forgotten for the new story. I'm intrigued by the notion of an "Alien 5" that is the start of a new story and plot line though (rather than being more of a continuation from A:R and of Ripley's journey).

It would most likely have to be limited to post-A:R, given the dialogue in that movie indicating that apart from Ripley's encounters, there have been no trace of the species.

A new line, though, could breath new life into the series though, should it be given the proper care, budget and attention it deserves (something, that may be to much to ask given how the series was treated with the AvP line).

A new plot line would free the story from being defendant on Ripley. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Ripley, but she is, at this point, a burden on the series. Hell, she died once, and now her clone is finally back on Earth, bringing her story to a close (as Earth had been her destination from the very start).

So, no, I'm not for a reboot in the way that you describe it. I think something to the effect of what I described above would be interesting and rather exciting (again, should it have the proper treatment, of course). Something like that has a great deal of potential.

Andrew127

I think they should just continue the franchise without Ripley.

Weaver has been almost impossible to keep track off with her constant middle mindset. You would need a new anchor in the series. I always though bringing back Hicks and an older Newt wouldn't be impossible and would more than likely prick up the ears of James Cameron.

Set Alien 5 around 15 years after alien 3. Have the film based around the fall of Weyland Yutani, an alien outbreak on gateway station and the discovery of the alien homeworld. I would also like to see the whole "alien infection" idea from one of the unused alien 3 scripts. 

Eidotemit

Quote from: Andrew127 on Jul 31, 2008, 02:06:36 PM
I always though bringing back Hicks and an older Newt wouldn't be impossible and would more than likely prick up the ears of James Cameron.

Bringing back Hicks and Newt... the ones who died and were subsequently incinerated....no thanks.

SM

SM

QuoteI always though bringing back Hicks and an older Newt wouldn't be impossible

Yeah it would.

Undeadite

Quote from: Andrew127 on Jul 31, 2008, 02:06:36 PM
I always though bringing back Hicks and an older Newt wouldn't be impossible ...

Only if the alien universe has time machines... wich would confuse Hicks into thinking he is Kyle Reese, which would lead to him killing everybody in order to 'fight the terminator threat'.

SM

SM

Before or after he fell down the Abyss?

Undeadite

Does it matter? TIME MACHINES ARE GAWD!!! lol  :D

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Aug 01, 2008, 04:08:34 AM
Before or after he fell down the Abyss?
During.

He's wrestling, T-800 in one hand, Alien in the other, screaming "Don't be gone long, Ellen!" as he tumbles into a chasm.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed