contradictions

Started by Ritual Armour, Jun 01, 2012, 06:23:39 PM

Author
contradictions (Read 2,007 times)

Ritual Armour

Ritual Armour

I realize that there are several contradictions in the film as the space jockey who was not at the barrel of the ship, what happened to the supueto alien who left the space jockey on a ship exhaust in alien: the eighth passenger the escape pod was not?

GreatKnower

GreatKnower

Unfortunately it isnt meant to make any sense. Its just bad writing. IF there was no intention of explaining the Jockey on lv426, why use the SAME SOLAR SYSTEM? Why have a xeno bursting out of a different SJ next door. Its just bad writing....either tie it in or dont. The hologram sequence is a wasted opportunity as well. They could have easily shown what the Engineers were doing to cause an infection and what they were running from. We are talking 30 seconds of CGI. I mean come on. You could have had a totally independant movie from Alien and shown that. That's the only thing that needed to be referenced.  But instead they dont. They reference everything under sky except the most vital revelation. Lindelof.......i swear this guy is deliberately trying to mess up things.

zuzuki

zuzuki

^^^ you don't know if it's the same solar system, i think not. And ridley told Lindelof what to write. He didn't come up with anything in the plot

nendo

nendo

Quote from: zuzuki on Jun 01, 2012, 07:37:14 PM
^^^ you don't know if it's the same solar system, i think not. And ridley told Lindelof what to write. He didn't come up with anything in the plot

Actualy Jon Spaihts came up with the majority of the ideas for the films which were later finalised and change by Ridley. Lindelof just did some re-write on a plot that was already set in place. Lindelof was more than likly just adding more depth to the characters and story.

I would expect Jon Spaihts would be the person most to blame with Ridley and then Lindelof third

Kev Loaf

Kev Loaf

Quote from: nendo on Jun 01, 2012, 07:48:57 PM

Actualy Jon Spaihts came up with the majority of the ideas for the films which were later finalised and change by Ridley. Lindelof just did some re-write on a plot that was already set in place. Lindelof was more than likly just adding more depth to the characters and story.

I would expect Jon Spaihts would be the person most to blame with Ridley and then Lindelof third

Big plot holes or "questions" (as he refers to them) are Lindeloff's style.

Winkie Bear

Winkie Bear

Quote from: Kev Loaf on Jun 01, 2012, 07:54:05 PM
Quote from: nendo on Jun 01, 2012, 07:48:57 PM

Big plot holes or "questions" (as he refers to them) are Lindeloff's style.

Yeah, I mean I remember Star Trek a few years back - whilst entertaining enough on first watching - was full of plot holes, time inconsistencies, weird characterisations and bad dialogue. I wonder if there was some connection....?
:-\

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

What can we expect from the man who wrote The Darkest Hour and from Damon Lindelof ? Nothing. Nothing but emptyness and xxx questions for no answers.

GreatKnower

GreatKnower

Why do you keep saying this?

It is the same solar system, period.

And ridley does not TELL the writers what to write.....it would be meaningless to have writers. They arent stenographers. He may nix and request adjustments but he doesnt TELL the writers what to write, otherwise he wouldve written it himself. Lindelof created the "plot" with ridleys approval along the whole process. He rewrote everything spaights wrote other than the characters and the premise. EVERYTHING.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Ridley confirmed it was on Zeta 2 Reticuli system in a TV spot / interview.
It's just not the same planet, but it's the same system.
Which is now that I think about it DOUBLE WEIRD.
Why wouldn't Weyland have investigate LV-223 and even take some Derelict ship since there is one for every pyramid.
That simply makes no sense.

GreatKnower

GreatKnower

Quote from: Le Celticant on Jun 01, 2012, 08:15:46 PM

Ridley confirmed it was on Zeta 2 Reticuli system in a TV spot / interview.
It's just not the same planet, but it's the same system.
Which is now that I think about it DOUBLE WEIRD.
Why wouldn't Weyland have investigate LV-223 and even take some Derelict ship since there is one for every pyramid.
That simply makes no sense.

This has been my point for last few days.....Using lv223 is totally POINTLESS if your not going to reference lv426. Its stupid. Make it some totally different star system, especially if your NOT going to refence LV426.

It seems as if Lindelof rewrote anything that made sense into something convoluted that deliberately doesnt make any sense. We may spend hours analyzing it but in the end, there isnt anything to reveal..... on purpose. This is his idea of "questions". I go to the cinema to see something new, not to see something the SAME.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed