A possible answer to one of the questions Prometheus gives us

Started by Kev Loaf, Jun 01, 2012, 10:14:30 AM

Author
A possible answer to one of the questions Prometheus gives us (Read 5,232 times)

Predaker

David is symbolic of the fire stolen from the Gods? Hmm.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

What if we were not meant to exist on Earth in the first place, and the only reason we do is because of this sacrifice engineer who was from some other cult who wanted to find out where they came from?  In the course of time they discover their true origin, that they were once humans who would develop into engineers, so now we know what we are destined to become and why they would help us.  When the Elders find out what this cult has done they are very angry and begin creating a bio-weapon to remove all traces on Earth, and the reason is simple. They dont want the process to repeat itself again because it could threaten their own existance, but before they can unleash this weapon upon us it gets loose and turns on them.  Further to this, I have a theory this cult didnt just create life on Earth, but they made this sacrifice to discover their origins in 5 other places to, hence the star map, and we evertually find out we are the last link the cult created and so the last to be eliminated by the Elders. 

whiterabbit

What about the star map? I heard somewhere that the map which points to 6 stars, of which 5 disappeared leaving only "our" sun. Was it actually pointing to us all along and only dumb human guessing lead them to where they ended up? Also do the jockey's destroy or totally use up solar systems? Hence for the disappearance of 5 stars.

oh and 2000 years ago huh? So Jesus was a Space Jockey?  :o

Maybe the sacrifice engineer has a peter weyland complex and thought becoming an entire world would be a better form of immortality.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 01, 2012, 04:19:01 PM
What about the star map? I heard somewhere that the map which points to 6 stars, of which 5 disappeared leaving only "our" sun. Was it actually pointing to us all along and only dumb human guessing lead them to where they ended up? Also do the jockey's destroy or totally use up solar systems? Hence for the disappearance of 5 stars.

oh and 2000 years ago huh? So Jesus was a Space Jockey?  :o

Maybe the sacrifice engineer has a peter weyland complex and thought becoming an entire world would be a better form of immortality.

When David activates the hologram he sees the 6 stars that make up the star map, 5 of them eventually disappear then he sees Earth and our solar system.  I believe this means the star map is a course for elimination and we are the last to go.  The only thing that isn't explained is how the pictograms helped Weyland find this waystation, I can only assume LV-223's sun was part of the star map and the planets inhabitants were destroyed, meaning at some point the engineers would come to Earth to do the same thing....perhaps anyway.

Kev Loaf

Correct me if I'm wrong but its not actually confirmed that the SJ want to destroy humans. Yes they were planning on taking the urns to earth BUT its an assumption they wanted to destroy humans. They may have been taking them there to establish another temple.

Why the engineer is pissed off? Don't know. Maybe he felt the humans desicrated the temple by being there.

Its so dissapointing that the ancient asstronaut backstory hasnt been developed in any way. Ironic coming from me I know but still, what was the point of the giant engineer pointing to the LV223 star system? Apart from an unbelievably contrived assumption of Shaw that they were the engineers of humans and a contact point-of-origin there is no logic, especially if LV223 is a WMD base.

It would have been better storywise if Shaw/Holloway had somehow correlated that one of the engineers from LV223 had visited Earth through the ages warning mankind of the extermination threat. A rogue titan (Prometheus?) took pity on the Earth minions and donated the occasional technology gift, revealing the location of the bio-weapons base to hopefully help Earthlings avert future catastrophe. Get your ass to LV223, get your ass to LV223...

Maybe the Gods found out what he was upto and sent orders to exterminate Earth but then Prometheus or a fellow sympathiser sabotaged the base, thus saving the Earth.

This is the kind of shit this movie so desperately needed to at least evoke some purpose for it all and attempt to distance itself from ALIEN. As it stands there doesnt really seem any point to Lindelof's paradoxical writing style making everything 'almost but not quite' line up with LV426 and ALIEN.

Prometheus, as it stands, desperately needs ALIEN to 'work'. Its like the Darth Vader breathing over the soundtrack to the original Phantom Menace trailers.

Predaker

How old are the pictograms again? They have dates on them in the trailers right? Lol

I hope none of them are less than 2000 years old  :)

Promethean Fire

Quote from: Predaker on Jun 01, 2012, 05:49:35 PM
How old are the pictograms again? They have dates on them in the trailers right? Lol

I hope none of them are less than 2000 years old  :)

I'm sure the Isle of Skye one was 35,000 years old.

Valaquen

Quote from: Kev Loaf on Jun 01, 2012, 04:37:45 PM
Why the engineer is pissed off? Don't know. Maybe he felt the humans desicrated the temple by being there.
Well Weyland isn't very gentlemanly towards Shaw inside the Orrery. Maybe the Engineer detests bad manners?

Le Celticant

Quote from: Kev Loaf on Jun 01, 2012, 04:37:45 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but its not actually confirmed that the SJ want to destroy humans. Yes they were planning on taking the urns to earth BUT its an assumption they wanted to destroy humans. They may have been taking them there to establish another temple.

When you sleep and someone wake you up before you've planned to wake, you're usually pissed off.  ::)
Especially when it's about cryo sleep and you've set up a plan and someone f**k it up.

whiterabbit

Hey people of Earth, see these stars, we're going to blow them the f**k away and this one right here is your's. kthxbye, space jockey, last bonehead of the derelict signing off.  :laugh:

Although they never actually say what the SJ's are up to do they? :(

Maybe they made mankind for the same reasons man makes robots. The first being slaves, then synthetic meat shields and lastly... to f**k it.

GreatKnower

GreatKnower

Heres my best go at it.

Im thinking there might be two factions of "Engineers". One faction does the "creating" and the other do the "destroying".
The destroyers try to get rid of the "creators", naturally of course, and eventually succeed. During all this infighting, one creator engineer (or a team of them) secretly terraform earth. One engineer sacrifices himself...maybe even the leader....to make life on earth. His team help the humans to grow throughout time, dying off one by one. WE HUMANS are the last remaining vestiges of the creators. It might be even possible that through the randomness of nature...this leader sacrifice engineer can be reconstituted  as a living human. Immortality. He is continually reborn through us which IS HIM. Just like Osirus, Jesus, Buddha, etc.

The Destroyers find out about Earth 2000+ years ago and plan to use the fire they stole from the creators to wipe out earth, so no more creator DNA will remain. The "fire" backfires before they can hatch the attack.

This might explain the Lone Engineer's Reaction to the humans. Not only are they alive and here, but they can create (David). He is furious because the only life he and his dead shipmates were able to create is the worst of the worst.....the xeno. They tried to be the creators and created the xeno. The humans tried and made David. It would explain why they worship it, not in a holy way, more like a punishment way. The same way humans might take heed to "the devil" or "the evil alien"  or "demon". The same way humans make use of the gargoyle on churches and buildings. They created their own worst nightmare...and when they saw it in the flesh, that's what caused them to flee the way they did in the hologram sequence.

The secret to immortality is to do what the Sacrifice engineer does. He disintegrates himSELF.
Weyland is trying to do what the Lone Engineer's group tried to do. They are going about it in the wrong way, the SELFish way. The wrong way creates the xeno....every time.....no matter what.....its the promethean curse.

They want to destroy us because we are the last vestiges of the creators, made in their image. They couldve been doing this to every planet the Creators' seeded, and earth was just the next one, which may end up being ONE of the creators' "secret weapons".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed