Lone SJ doing keeeeewl stuff

Started by Kev Loaf, May 30, 2012, 07:05:45 AM

Author
Lone SJ doing keeeeewl stuff (Read 2,470 times)

Kev Loaf

Kev Loaf

I'm pretty confident that Fox regulary visit this forum to get an idea of what fans want in either an Alien or Predator film. I guess the only films this forum could have therefore influenced is everything from AvP onwards..

During the production of AvP, AvPR, Predators and now Prometheus the most popular topic of conversation is the athesetics of the film (eg the look of the Predator, the shape of the Alien, weapons used etc). We give the impression that us fans care more about silly little things than actually story.

I hope when the next alien or pred film is made, this forum makes a concerted effort to push for a good story over stupid things like the size of the SJ, the number of mandibles Pussyface has, the shape of the xenomorph. You can have a perfect looking alien or predator doing perfect and keeewl things but non of it would matter if its all in a shitty film.

Truise

Truise

Quote from: Kev Loaf on May 30, 2012, 07:05:45 AM
I'm pretty confident that Fox regulary visit this forum to get an idea of what fans want in either an Alien or Predator film. I guess the only films this forum could have therefore influenced is everything from AvP onwards..

During the production of AvP, AvPR, Predators and now Prometheus the most popular topic of conversation is the athesetics of the film (eg the look of the Predator, the shape of the Alien, weapons used etc). We give the impression that us fans care more about silly little things than actually story.

I hope when the next alien or pred film is made, this forum makes a concerted effort to push for a good story over stupid things like the size of the SJ, the number of mandibles Pussyface has, the shape of the xenomorph. You can have a perfect looking alien or predator doing perfect and keeewl things but non of it would matter if its all in a shitty film.

They have to be pretty dense to not realize that the story is what matters to the fans.

Having said that, i understand what you are trying to say. Some of the discussions i seen here, about small stuff, were pretty baffling to say the least. One can actually wonder if that's the only thing people have in mind.

escroto

escroto

The only thing I'm certain about Fox is that all those in charge of the alien franchise over the last decade are all retards.

Still have to watch Prometheus and witness myself whether Scott ended up selling his soul to these inferior money grabbing beings at Fox or not. I'm just about to find It out soon, If so then I'm done with Fox

Kev Loaf

Kev Loaf

AvP - fanboys cried for an Alien and Predator boxing match. We got one but story flopped!

AvP3 - fanboys cried for lone Predator doing keeeewl shit. We got one but story flopped.

Predators - fans cried for original Predator design. We got one. Story was ok but it was a rehash of original so it cannot fail.

Prometheus - fans spent preproduction moaning about proto xeno look, sj size, and if film will have Giger look. Film is meant to be visually stunning but bullshit when it comes to story.

I love Alien because it an awesome film. Great and simple story that kept me on the edge of my seat. I did not give two shits about Giger, whether the walls are biomechanoid bullshit and other visual bullshit. I just care about the story.

Mustangjeff

Mustangjeff

Quote from: Kev Loaf on May 30, 2012, 12:17:02 PM
AvP - fanboys cried for an Alien and Predator boxing match. We got one but story flopped!

AvP3 - fanboys cried for lone Predator doing keeeewl shit. We got one but story flopped.

Predators - fans cried for original Predator design. We got one. Story was ok but it was a rehash of original so it cannot fail.

Prometheus - fans spent preproduction moaning about proto xeno look, sj size, and if film will have Giger look. Film is meant to be visually stunning but bullshit when it comes to story.

I love Alien because it an awesome film. Great and simple story that kept me on the edge of my seat. I did not give two shits about Giger, whether the walls are biomechanoid bullshit and other visual bullshit. I just care about the story.

You might be correct with the AvP stuff.  FOX certainly could have micromanaged and meddled those stories into oblivion, but I have a hard time believing this is the case with Prometheus.  If FOX was in complete control over story it would have been PG 13.  I don't think RS gave them much of a choice.  I think Prometheus is all about RS.  This is his baby and it's squarly on him if people don't like the movie.  I can't even blame JS or DL.  They might have been the writers, but it was RS who told them what he wanted and picked the shooting script.  He could have cut bait at any point and hired a new writer.

Who is to blame if you have an ugly painting hanging in your house?  The painter or the person who put it up?

zuzuki

zuzuki

Quote from: Mustangjeff on May 30, 2012, 01:49:12 PM
I don't think RS gave them much of a choice.  I think Prometheus is all about RS.  This is his baby and it's squarly on him if people don't like the movie.  I can't even blame JS or DL.  They might have been the writers, but it was RS who told them what he wanted and picked the shooting script.  He could have cut bait at any point and hired a new writer.

Whi is to blame if you have an ugly painting hanging in your house?  The painter or the person who put it up?
Common sense isn't accepted on the internet. By the way, how much did Lindelof payed you to put the whole blame on Ridley? /s

Mustangjeff

Mustangjeff

Quote from: zuzuki on May 30, 2012, 02:15:09 PM
I don't think RS gave them much of a choice.  I think Prometheus is all about RS.  This is his baby and it's squarly on him if people don't like the movie.  I can't even blame JS or DL.  They might have been the writers, but it was RS who told them what he wanted and picked the shooting script.  He could have cut bait at any point and hired a new writer.

Whi is to blame if you have an ugly painting hanging in your house?  The painter or the person who put it up?
Common sense isn't accepted on the internet. By the way, how much did Lindelof payed you to put the whole blame on Ridley? /s

Hehe..  How do you know I'm not Lindelof?

Seriously though..  Some people have obsessed this movie to the point where they are expecting an religious epiphany, but I will place some of the blame again at RS for spouting "It's all about everything", etc.  This movie never had a chance to live up to the expectations that some people had/have.  I'm just hoping to go in and be entertained.  If it's good enough and makes money, maybe we will see a sequel.  Seeing the Engineer home world would be pretty cool.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kev Loaf on May 30, 2012, 07:05:45 AM
I'm pretty confident that Fox regulary visit this forum to get an idea of what fans want in either an Alien or Predator film.
I'm pretty confident they don't.
Not since AvPR's production at least.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: Mustangjeff on May 30, 2012, 02:37:19 PM
Quote from: zuzuki on May 30, 2012, 02:15:09 PM

Hehe..  How do you know I'm not Lindelof?

Seriously though..  Some people have obsessed this movie to the point where they are expecting an religious epiphany, but I will place some of the blame again at RS for spouting "It's all about everything", etc.  This movie never had a chance to live up to the expectations that some people had/have.  I'm just hoping to go in and be entertained.  If it's good enough and makes money, maybe we will see a sequel.  Seeing the Engineer home world would be pretty cool.

Please no, we already had an idea of what the Brother Strause did and what they intended for an Alien homeworld.
Everything in Prometheus if taken as an answer are so so so disappointed if you try to make the bridge with Alien.
They should have never went the SJ way. I knew it but I had no idea they could make it that wrong.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed