New Production Stills & Audio Puzzle

Started by ikarop, May 02, 2012, 01:04:03 PM

Author
New Production Stills & Audio Puzzle (Read 54,713 times)

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: Infected on May 02, 2012, 01:52:10 PM
One thing what is looking strange is that the body type structure of the engineer looks like the body of the xeno,
what if eggs werent made for breeding xeno´s but to bring back the engineer people,
but it went wrong and the xeno was born instead and the fleeing jockey didnt know what to do with those sick badass xeno´s explains why they are smart.

The suit ressemble xenos because all their tech is based on the same design.
It is not their body stucture just their suits.
In the french SFX magazine Connor O'Sullivan the prosthetic supervisor explains at first how he made the undersuit (wich has 32 parts from head to toes, then the full pilot suit wich attach by magnets to the undersuit, then talks about how he was nerveous about the scene where an Engineer is almost fully naked and go on about their physique wich is close to a greek statue, that specific greek profile nose and symetrical face.
:)

psychonaut25

Quote from: NGR01 on May 02, 2012, 02:58:56 PM
Quote from: Infected on May 02, 2012, 01:52:10 PM
One thing what is looking strange is that the body type structure of the engineer looks like the body of the xeno,
what if eggs werent made for breeding xeno´s but to bring back the engineer people,
but it went wrong and the xeno was born instead and the fleeing jockey didnt know what to do with those sick badass xeno´s explains why they are smart.

The suit ressemble xenos because all their tech is based on the same design.
It is not their body stucture just their suits.
In the french SFX magazine Connor O'Sullivan the prosthetic supervisor explains at first how he made the undersuit (wich has 32 parts from head to toes, then the full pilot suit wich attach by magnets to the undersuit, then talks about how he was nerveous about the scene where an Engineer is almost fully naked and go on about their physique wich is close to a greek statue, that specific greek profile nose and symetrical face.
:)

So here is a pretty good explained how jockeys/engineer looks like. Like us. Or more like the ancient people (greece/summeria.babylon).

ryanjayhawk

Hopefully the movie keeps the tunnel they are walking through much darker... in that light it looks far to mechanical, and not nearly biological enough.  You can't put a crappy looking spine on the roof, and then have the rest look like a normal metal tunnel and still get the vibe...

I'm sure in the movie they will edit it to look creepy...

psychonaut25

Quote from: ryanjayhawk on May 02, 2012, 03:50:52 PM
Hopefully the movie keeps the tunnel they are walking through much darker... in that light it looks far to mechanical, and not nearly biological enough.  You can't put a crappy looking spine on the roof, and then have the rest look like a normal metal tunnel and still get the vibe...

It allready looks creepy now :)

OpenMaw

One good thing about that shot though is that gun the merc is holding back there doesn't look like a pulse rifle with a barrel extension taped on the front.  ;D

ryanjayhawk

ryanjayhawk

Quote from: psychonaut25 on May 02, 2012, 03:52:40 PM

Not in the picture just released where the tunnel is lit up... I remember when I first watched Alien, the interior of the derelict looked like the walls were made of a rib cage.  The floor didn't seem normal either, like it was hard to figure out how to walk on sections.  The picture just released shows a very normal looking tunnel (normal for a sci-fi movie) and even the spine feature at the top looks more like a metal duct, than a spine. 

psychonaut25

Quote from: ryanjayhawk on May 02, 2012, 03:57:40 PM
Quote from: psychonaut25 on May 02, 2012, 03:52:40 PM

Not in the picture just released where the tunnel is lit up... I remember when I first watched Alien, the interior of the derelict looked like the walls were made of a rib cage.  The floor didn't seem normal either, like it was hard to figure out how to walk on sections.  The picture just released shows a very normal looking tunnel (normal for a sci-fi movie) and even the spine feature at the top looks more like a metal duct, than a spine.

Tthe tunnel is very lit up, so it looks normal. I have no problem with it. in the final movie cut, everything will be very very creepy.

TimmyTurnersDad

Holy shit, that audio clip was brutal! :o Definitely gonna enjoy watching that scene in theaters, especially if there isn't any music like what someone else suggested already, and we just get the visual sight to go with that horrifying audio.

Seeing as how I intend on going to the midnight premiere for this movie, my long time assumption that I will not be getting any sleep that night is now pretty much confirmed.

And here's something to think about that will keep everyone awake at night; this isn't even supposed to be the scene(s) that Ridley feels will be to Prometheus what the Chestburster Scene was to Alien.

psychonaut25

Quote from: TimmyTurnersDad on May 02, 2012, 04:12:34 PM
Holy shit, that audio clip was brutal! :o Definitely gonna enjoy watching that scene in theaters, especially if there isn't any music like what someone else suggested already, and we just get the visual sight to go with that horrifying audio.

Seeing as how I intend on going to the midnight premiere for this movie, my long time assumption that I will not be getting any sleep that night is now pretty much confirmed.

And here's something to think about that will keep everyone awake at night; this isn't even supposed to be the scene(s) that Ridley feels will be to Prometheus what the Chestburster Scene was to Alien.

I have a feeling that this is right. That after leaving the cinema I will be having that what the hell happened?/ feeling for whole night. :) This movie will be a MUST BUY when it will be released on Blu-ray for me.

NGR01

NGR01

It's very lit because it's shot in 3D thats all.
In 3D with the glasses on it will work like a charm.
And in 2D the movie will be made darker.

Also, yes those Engineer's tunnels and tecc look more metallic simply because they were designed by GUTALIN.
An artist inspired (some say a copycat) by Giger's work but who has a more mechnized feel.
;)

Kol

Kol

might this be the (raw) derelict warning beacon from alien?
i hope not, though...

Eva

Eva

That's Ford and a redshirt with a shotgun behind David in the tunnel, isn't it? The very same people who will face an engineer head on at some point, with Ford frozen in terror... :)

That soundclip is insane....

PS: are you people doubting Ridleys capabilities with lighting a set? Do you know the man at all?  :D

psychonaut25

Quote from: Kol on May 02, 2012, 04:50:44 PM
might this be the (raw) derelict warning beacon from alien?
i hope not, though...

I wonder if that warning will be mentioned somewhere in Prometheus...I know it was cut off from theatrical release of Alien, but most of Alien fans know about that scene.

GreatKnower

Ive cleaned the audio and put the pieces is the most correct order that makes sense.

Trying to find a place to post it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed