A theory about the creation of the Xenomorphs and/or Space Jockeys

Started by predxeno, Apr 11, 2012, 08:02:26 PM

Author
A theory about the creation of the Xenomorphs and/or Space Jockeys (Read 3,475 times)

predxeno

predxeno

From what we've seen so far from the trailers, it looks like the ampules excrete some sort of shape-shifting substance.  I'm thinking that the substance attaches to and bonds with human DNA (there is actually dialog in the trailer of someone screaming to "cut it off", I'm guessing that means cut off the infected parts of his body).  The other crew members bring the infected people back to the ship and they either turn into Xenomorphs or Space Jockeys (the human form, not the one with the elephant suits).  This fits in really well with the themes of Ridley's previous film, Alien, where it's what's inside the body that is truly terrifying.

EDIT: There are also scenes in the trailers where black spots appear on humans, I'm assuming these are the signs/symptoms of infection.

Kev Loaf

Quote from: predxeno on Apr 11, 2012, 08:02:26 PM
From what we've seen so far from the trailers, it looks like the ampules excrete some sort of shape-shifting substance.  I'm thinking that the substance attaches to and bonds with human DNA (there is actually dialog in the trailer of someone screaming to "cut it off", I'm guessing that means cut off the infected parts of his body).  The other crew members bring the infected people back to the ship and they either turn into Xenomorphs or Space Jockeys (the human form, not the one with the elephant suits).  This fits in really well with the themes of Ridley's previous film, Alien, where it's what's inside the body that is truly terrifying.

EDIT: There are also scenes in the trailers where black spots appear on humans, I'm assuming these are the signs/symptoms of infection.

sounds plausible and fits with what we have seen

Adam802

wow, really like this theory!  +1

sedna

Quote from: predxeno on Apr 11, 2012, 08:02:26 PM

I think Fifield screams that line "Cut it off" since I think he's one of the infected team members that jumps on top of another member in that trailer.

As for your theory, I do feel that the substance in the ampules are the form of a virus that the members get exposed to. I have very little doubt about that. However, I do not think that Space Jockeys were created by this lifeform. If you think about essentially who Space Jockey's were, they were "seeders of life" I think they are the ones who also "own" Xenomorphs and various other lifeforms (which this film undoubtedly will show) that they have carried in their ships.

I've always thought that the Egg Chamber is only ONE part of that entire ship. Don't forget, if you are a conqueror of worlds and such, you wouldn't rely only on ONE weapon, but many. Hence I believe there are various chambers of "bio-weapons" Space Jockey's possess. Egg chamber being one of them, Ampule being the other - amongst other ones we may see.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: sedna on Apr 11, 2012, 09:17:21 PMI've always thought that the Egg Chamber is only ONE part of that entire ship. Don't forget, if you are a conqueror of worlds and such, you wouldn't rely only on ONE weapon, but many. Hence I believe there are various chambers of "bio-weapons" Space Jockey's possess. Egg chamber being one of them, Ampule being the other - amongst other ones we may see.

Except the Ampule room is inside the temple, not the ship. I think that these ampules are far more central to the Space Jockey story than the xeno eggs. I have no freaking idea how, but they scream 'origins' to me, especially with all of the mythological connotations.

szkoki

szkoki

this pic fits in his idea

a transformed arm ....an arm  turned into something else

but this movie is filmed already twice , called the Thing

so it cant be so simple

OpenMaw

Quote from: szkoki on Apr 11, 2012, 11:59:52 PM

a transformed arm ....an arm  turned into something else

I don't think his arm is transformed at all. I think it's simply behind whatever that creature is.

Face Jockey

Another possibility is that the murals, and possibly also the giant head, and the Engineers themselves change to take on the appearance of whatever species is visiting the temple. The Xenomorph mural might initially depict a Xeno because that was the last species to visit the temple, and the mural and possibly the giant head then change to depict humanoid features when the Prometheus arrives. The Engineer might take on the appearance of the species it is visiting/taking over so that it appears to the natives to be a god of their species.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Face Jockey on Apr 12, 2012, 03:08:43 AM
Another possibility is that the murals, and possibly also the giant head, and the Engineers themselves change to take on the appearance of whatever species is visiting the temple. The Xenomorph mural might initially depict a Xeno because that was the last species to visit the temple, and the mural and possibly the giant head then change to depict humanoid features when the Prometheus arrives. The Engineer might take on the appearance of the species it is visiting/taking over so that it appears to the natives to be a god of their species.

That's a rather intriguing concept, actually...

escroto

Another theory, though I don't think this is the right one.

I think the ampules contain DNA of different species that will be used to spread life after the jockeys terraform a planet.

They might also use every some species they find interesting to fusion their DNA with the one of the targeted species (one of this species very well could be the aliens).

One of the things I'm waiting for and interests me the most is about the very jockeys, I mean If they are even more "androids" or "synthetic" than organic. This has a lot to do with what could be happening with David8 and why I'm finding his char as the most intriguing. So If the jockeys arwe more synthetic than organic, then how will they react towards David, or what will they do to him?, what will the very Android think about that, and what will he end up doing?

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 12, 2012, 03:15:40 AM

Seconded. A lot of my own gripes about the film would be salved by this outcome (ie. too human-like Space Jockeys).

sedna

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Apr 11, 2012, 11:46:01 PM
Quote from: sedna on Apr 11, 2012, 09:17:21 PMI've always thought that the Egg Chamber is only ONE part of that entire ship. Don't forget, if you are a conqueror of worlds and such, you wouldn't rely only on ONE weapon, but many. Hence I believe there are various chambers of "bio-weapons" Space Jockey's possess. Egg chamber being one of them, Ampule being the other - amongst other ones we may see.

Except the Ampule room is inside the temple, not the ship. I think that these ampules are far more central to the Space Jockey story than the xeno eggs. I have no freaking idea how, but they scream 'origins' to me, especially with all of the mythological connotations.

Well that's a good call, I forgot about that. It could be something alien to the Jockey's themselves, Ridley did however mentioned that SJ's basically deployed the eggs - part of the "bomber theory". So the ampule room could indeed be much more central, it should be really interesting.

Ruzena

Just waiting for Glaive's response to this one :D

sedna

Quote from: escroto on Apr 12, 2012, 07:44:02 AM

One of the things I'm waiting for and interests me the most is about the very jockeys, I mean If they are even more "androids" or "synthetic" than organic. This has a lot to do with what could be happening with David8 and why I'm finding his char as the most intriguing. So If the jockeys arwe more synthetic than organic, then how will they react towards David, or what will they do to him?, what will the very Android think about that, and what will he end up doing?

In theory, that is a very interesting idea as it then asks a question, whether an android, an advanced one the likes of David, can think for himself, or carry out a task he was programmed to do (i.e. being loyal, etc)

if the SJ's are indeed "synthetic" or a combination, and David, and SJ's meet - would David pull a an "Ash" and go against the crew, haywire, sabotage, etc. That would be interesting.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Apr 12, 2012, 08:07:55 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 12, 2012, 03:15:40 AM

Seconded. A lot of my own gripes about the film would be salved by this outcome (ie. too human-like Space Jockeys).

Yes I definately go along with this too.  It's just so easy to have human-like Space Jockeys, humanoid yes, even the original Alien looked liked a man in stature, but this blue guy (as he's come to be known) looks way too human, I'm just hoping we haven't really seen them yet. This change with the murals may also be significant if indeed the giant head is made from the same stuff, maybe this too has movement as has been reported by some, and perhaps it's main function is to cumminicate before all hell breaks loose...!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed