I've figured out the ENTIRE plot to PROMETHEUS! (**spoilers**)

Started by Cvalda, Mar 28, 2012, 12:54:39 AM

Author
I've figured out the ENTIRE plot to PROMETHEUS! (**spoilers**) (Read 26,086 times)

Cvalda

Okay, I would have posted this in the Prometheus forum, but I didn't want to risk offending anyone. These ideas are pretty controversial, but I stand by them--what's more, my people at Fox have confirmed at least some aspects of this plot speculation. As such, SERIOUS POTENTIAL SPOILER WARNING!!!!

Now, as we all know, Prometheus deals with the Space Jockey race, and how we first encounter them. The trailer gives us this shot of a cave illustration discovered by Shaw and Holloway:

We know from the trailer that this is a star map--but what of the figure depicted? This is, of course, an Engineer. Many, however, have not noticed the key clue to the whole mystery:
Spoiler

(Special thanks to josh_axey for his help in piecing together the mystery)
[close]

More on that later.
So the Prometheus is launched by Weyland Corp to investigate. Upon arrival they discover massive alien temples, which they then go inside and investigate, discovering the ampule room, giant head, etc. They then move on to other parts of the temple--which is when trouble starts to happen:

The sensors pick up several lifeforms in the vicinity, closing in on the crew. Here is where serious spoilers come into play, so BEWARE!
Spoiler
The crew is attacked by the temple's "guards" -- a host of SPACE TAPIRS, vicious, bloodthirsty killing machines created by the Engineers to protect the ampules while the Engineers are in cryosleep. The space tapirs also spit acid, by the way--Fifield and Holloway get hit in the face with some.

The crew beats a desperate retreat back to the ship. Fifield starts going crazy, because it turns out the space tapir acid also, like, mutates you into a space tapir. After a nasty rampage in the garage, the proto-tapir gets torched. Everyone conveniently forgets about Holloway. He sleeps with Shaw, and gets her pregnant with a Tapir baby, which rapidly matures. Weyland, realizing the power of the space tapirs, conspires to keep Shaw in cryo so he can extract the Tapir baby back on Earth and harness it for the bioweapons division. Shaw rebels and sneaks away to have the fetus removed. Horrified by her hideous offspring, she tries to attack it with an axe and kill it:

The space tapir, which rapidly grows to maturity, fights back, but doesn't harm her. Then Shaw gets attacked by Holloway, who is now part man, part Space Tapir. He is about to kill Shaw when her Space Tapir child bursts through the wall and DESTROYS HOLLOWAY! It then corners Shaw in the hallway:

Curiously, it does not kill her--instead, it sniffs her affectionately, recognizing that Shaw is its mother! A bond is instantly formed, as Shaw's maternal instincts kick in and she decides to protect her Space Tapir child at any cost. She confides in David, who being an outcast and an android, understands or something. The two form a plan to smuggle the Space Tapir off of Prometheus so it can return to the temple and escape being exploited by Weyland. David goes to open the hatch so that Shaw can escape with Space Tapir--only to find Vickers waiting for him:

The two have an altercation in the hall as Vickers attempts to stop David and Shaw from releasing the Space Tapir. Shaw tackles Vickers, and David and Space Tapir run out of the ship and back to the temple. Vickers throws Shaw in the brig and says she is going to find Space Tapir whatever it takes. Shaw breaks down and begs Vickers to reconsider, says the Space Tapir is her child and that she loves it and Vickers would understand if only she had children. Vickers says "okay" and decides to help Shaw.

Meanwhile, in the temple, David and Space Tapir discover the Derelict ship's pilot room. David activates the holo-chart orrery and marvels at it. Unfortunately, he wakes up an Engineer, who kills him and starts to activate the pilot chair. Space Tapir sees David's fallen body and grieves for his friend:

As the Engineer charts a course for Earth to reclaim it for his people, Space Tapir vows revenge--for killing David, for creating and enslaving the whole Space Tapir race, for everything. Space Tapir drags David's body to ampule room, and using the BIOFORM contained in the ampules, he fuses himself with David, thus making him half android/half Space Tapir--the first biomechanoid is born. Space Tapir then attacks and kills the Engineer, and then gets into the Jockey chair to try and stop the ship from taking off:

But it's too late, the ship is programmed in its course, and now Space Tapir is trapped in the chair! Space Tapir, who by this point has established a telepathic link with Shaw (ala ET), tells her of the danger to her planet, and tells her the ship must be destroyed and his life must be sacrificed to save humanity--he is, in fact, the metaphorical Prometheus of the title, stealing the Engineers technology and then dying in a fire to save humanity (Lindelof is apparently really proud of this plot point--who can blame him?). Shaw screams "NOOOOOOOO!!!" and then radios to Vickers what's going down, and Vickers convinces Janek to crash the ship into the Derelict. She escapes in a pod right before the impact. She meets up with Shaw on the ground and the two manage to outrun the falling Derelict. As it finally settles on the ground, Shaw tells Vickers they need to go inside and save her Space Tapir son. Just then Vickers rips off her face, revealing that she is another Space Tapir!
[close]

Unfortunately, as the last 11 minutes of the film has been removed from test screenings, this is all me and my sources have been able to confirm.

After having discovered this plot, I have to say I kind of like it. I think it takes the series in a fresh new direction and will really bring a whole new audience to the franchise and also enrich the experience of watching ALIEN!

Prime113

I just has one simple question...Where in the hell did this Space Tapir thing come from?  :laugh:

Eagle-Fire

Give up the crack son ...........

Prime113

Sorry, gah. I just like me some crack! WHOO! WHOOO! WHOOOOOO!

First Blood

Damon Lindelof, take a f**king seat. Beautiful.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Eagle-Fire on Mar 28, 2012, 01:01:21 AM
Give up the crack son ...........
You just can't handle the truth.

Please note that Fox is so pleased with Prometheus that they've already started work on the sequel, and have already readied a poster, as discovered by Eva after hacking the 20th Century Fox database:
Spoiler
[close]

First Blood

Quote from: Prime113 on Mar 28, 2012, 12:56:11 AM
I just has one simple question...Where in the hell did this Space Tapir thing come from?  :laugh:

From the Zeta Reticuli star system on the Prometheus forums. It's origin is spoken about in hushed whispers.

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 28, 2012, 01:03:47 AM
Please note that Fox is so pleased with Prometheus that they've already started work on the sequel, and have already readied a poster, as discovered by Eva after hacking the 20th Century Fox database:
Spoiler
[close]

I smell a Best Actress nomination coming.

Space Sweeper

I mean, I totally spoiled it for myself but...

Goddamn, what a ride.

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 28, 2012, 12:54:39 AM
Shaw breaks down and begs Vickers to reconsider, says the Space Tapir is her child and that she loves it and Vickers would understand if only she had children. Vickers says "okay" and decides to help Shaw.
Really tugs at my heartstrings.

Cvalda

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 28, 2012, 01:28:15 AM
Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 28, 2012, 12:54:39 AM
Shaw breaks down and begs Vickers to reconsider, says the Space Tapir is her child and that she loves it and Vickers would understand if only she had children. Vickers says "okay" and decides to help Shaw.
Really tugs at my heartstrings.
The shot of Noomi screaming "Please!" in the first teaser trailer is from that scene. You can tell she's really giving it her all--the scene will be really heartwrenching.

Also more good news for fans: my sources tell me that the Space Tapirs will be mostly realized via practical effects! Scott apparently went out of his way to find stuntmen with tapir-like body dimensions.

First Blood

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 28, 2012, 01:35:04 AM
Also more good news for fans: my sources tell me that the Space Tapirs will be mostly realized via practical effects! Scott apparently went out of his way to find stuntmen with tapir-like body dimensions.

Leaked photo.

Spoiler
[close]

Cvalda

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 28, 2012, 01:50:31 AM
Leaked photo.

Spoiler
[close]
He's really going to be amazing in this movie. He truly has the vacant stare of a tapir down pat.

Sharp Sticks

I don't usually post congradulatory memes on AVPG.

But when I do, it's in Cvalda topics.

Cvalda

I'm so glad you guys appreciate me really putting myself on the line to get these leaks to you. I was gonna put this up on IMDB first, but I decided they don't deserve it.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

You are a serious threat to my lungs.

Eva

Eva

Loool... Cvalda you are brilliant  :D

Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed