Old farts vs the Young Crowd: Age Gaps

Started by A.Nightmare, Aug 18, 2007, 04:46:20 PM

Author
Old farts vs the Young Crowd: Age Gaps (Read 9,660 times)

MudButt

My uncle introduced the Predator Films to me. I liked them a lot and then I saw AVP. I knew what the Aliens were, but I had never seen the Alien films until about a year after AVP came out. So I am a newbie to Aliens, but I saw Predator like 6 years ago. So I only know so much about both species and movies.

Bishopfan951

Since I am 18, I may be in the young crowd.
I saw Alien when I was 5 or 6, except it was on a VHS tape (not DVD) like most things when I was young. Even though I didn't understand, I was still fascinated. The haunting imagery stayed with me until I was in my early teens and had a friend who owned the entire series, when I saw them.
But I don't think all young people should be put in the same thought box. I HATE AvP, and i barely like Predator. So there are some of us whippersnappers who do appreciate the logic behind all the violence.
And i am  just going to say, I really envy those of you who were able to see those films on the big screen. Why can't they start showing the Alien films in theaters again instead of crap like Titanic?

SM

SM

They haven't shown Titanic in theatres for at least two years - or the 14 years preceeding.

QuoteSince I am 18, I may be in the young crowd.

You were 11 when this thread was created.

hfeldhaus

I'm 23 now and I saw the original three when I was 10ish. They were on channel 4 over three consecutive weekends. My mum didn't let me watch them on the nights they were on but my older brothers taped them for me so I watched them after school the next day. First time I watched Alien I had a small asthma attack after seeing the facehugger scenes.

Still have them tapes and they are worn as f**k.

Russ

I'm old-school, but I love new ideas.

HuDaFuK

I'm 26, and I consider the first three Alien films awesome (admittedly Alien and Aliens more so), Alien Resurrection crap but entertaining, and the AVP movies appalling drivel.

Does that mean I'm an old fart stereotype?

Russ

I dunno - I'm an AvP fan and an oldster. And I really hate A:R. *lol*

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed