Started by predxeno, Feb 07, 2012, 07:50:34 PM

Would we have preferred AVPR or AVP2?

AVPR
8 (34.8%)
AVP2
15 (65.2%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author
Would we have preferred AVPR or AVP2? (Read 2,345 times)

predxeno

When I say AVP2, I mean a entirely different storyline for AVP that may have taken place in a futuristic environment like in the games and comic books.  Personally I think I prefer AVPR, I like the film yes but I also like that it wraps up the cliffhanger at the end of AVP1.  If we left that storyline and never found out what happened to Chetburster (Chet+chestburster), I would have been disappointed.  The only thing I regret about AVPR is that the Predalien inherits the trophykilling habits that Predators have; that's something that is a bit hard to scientifically explain away.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Though I would be disappointed if the Predalien was left as an X, I'd prefer it as an X rather than it turning out to be like the AvPR Predalien.
So AvP2. Decidedly.

psychonaut25

It doesn't matter if it is AVPR or AVP2..it still sucks..

Gosutoraida

In the U.K, it's marked as Aliens vs Predator 2: Requiem anyways, I couldn't care what it's called. The movie sucked, the end.

psychonaut25

Quote from: JokerJohn35 on Feb 16, 2012, 01:09:47 PM
In the U.K, it's marked as Aliens vs Predator 2: Requiem anyways, I couldn't care what it's called. The movie sucked, the end.

Kol

Kol

Quote from: JokerJohn35 on Feb 16, 2012, 01:09:47 PM

in germany it is pronounced only aliens vs. predator 2.
i dig the futuristic setting, and that's the way the next avp should be, but i think with continuing on the cliffhanger of the first one, it was some kind of wise choose.  :D

predxeno

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Feb 16, 2012, 12:45:34 PM

When I said AVP2, I meant an alternate storyline that takes place in the future, not the present, with no Chet and possibly no eggbarfing.

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 16, 2012, 06:46:05 PM
Quote from: psychonaut25 on Feb 16, 2012, 12:45:34 PM

When I said AVP2, I meant an alternate storyline that takes place in the future, not the present, with no Chet and possibly no eggbarfing.

You just summed up the choices nicely. Thanks.  ;D

While it might have been nice to have a resolution to the Predalien, I'd prefer a film set in space and the future over AVPR any day, preferably a good one. AVPR and Chet and egg-barfing was the wrong direction to take the series IMO (apologies, PredXeno/Chet in disguise - nothing against you, just your movie.  ;))

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 07, 2012, 07:50:34 PM
When I say AVP2, I mean a entirely different storyline for AVP that may have taken place in a futuristic environment like in the games and comic books.  Personally I think I prefer AVPR, I like the film yes but I also like that it wraps up the cliffhanger at the end of AVP1.  If we left that storyline and never found out what happened to Chetburster (Chet+chestburster), I would have been disappointed.  The only thing I regret about AVPR is that the Predalien inherits the trophykilling habits that Predators have; that's something that is a bit hard to scientifically explain away.

Since AVP was taken from EU, as well as the Predalien, I didn't like that change either.   Most of the Predalien apperance is on Ryushi, so maybe a setting on another planet with some colonists in the near future for an AVP2?  Maybe toss in Machiko too  ;D

Prime113

Well, to me, this is kind of a hard question to answer unbiasedly. We know how AVP:R turned out. I do enjoy it, a lot actually, but there is a large part of me that wants to see AvP set in the future and stuff like that. With AVP2 we get something unknown.

OpenMaw

I don't quite get why we need a direct resolution to AvP.

Why not use the ending of AvP as a springboard and not do a direct sequel? It gives us a way to go thematically. The Predalien.

Why not have, say, the predator ship heading home, and crash on a different planet.

Many many years later humans arrive and discover dormant eggs in the Predator's derelict ship. It ties the two stories together, brings the movie into the future, and calls back to Alien without being a direct alien tie in.

Obviously, the humans bumble about the ship, sending out some kind of a signal that warns nearby Predators to come looking. By the time they show up the humans have fallen victim to the eggs of the Predalien (which was a queen in this idea, obviously).

I don't know. We could have had it both ways had the writers even bothered to try.

Snowdog

Just Aliens vs Predator, subtle and good (not like the movie itself though  :laugh:)

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-R.

I really enjoyed the action scenes/special effects and horror in AVP-R.

The only thing is I almost boycotted the film when it was at the cinema. When I saw the previews had suggested the film would be set on present day Earth (again) and that events would be in full view of the Military, Authorities and the government I vowed to not watch it (despite being a huge AVP franchise fan).

But afterwards it was the best ALIEN/PREDATOR film since- ALIENS and PREDATOR 2- and I loved how they managed to suggest the confiscated Predator shoulder canon- was used to make advancements in space travel (it's a shame the proposed final shot of the canon morphing into a Suloco-style ship didn't happen).

Overall I liked AVP-R and doubt with a different Director/futuristic setting- it would have been a better film.

Snowdog

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Apr 01, 2012, 04:20:52 PM
AVP-R.

I really enjoyed the action scenes/special effects and horror in AVP-R.

Blood doesn't make a horror movie, it doesn't even build tenstion.
Good characters who you care about make a good horror movie.

Kol

Kol

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 31, 2012, 06:04:49 PM
I don't quite get why we need a direct resolution to AvP.

Why not use the ending of AvP as a springboard and not do a direct sequel? It gives us a way to go thematically. The Predalien.

Why not have, say, the predator ship heading home, and crash on a different planet.

Many many years later humans arrive and discover dormant eggs in the Predator's derelict ship. It ties the two stories together, brings the movie into the future, and calls back to Alien without being a direct alien tie in.

Obviously, the humans bumble about the ship, sending out some kind of a signal that warns nearby Predators to come looking. By the time they show up the humans have fallen victim to the eggs of the Predalien (which was a queen in this idea, obviously).

I don't know. We could have had it both ways had the writers even bothered to try.

+ 1.

any space/future setting would be more fitting in the avp franchise than any other.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed