'Alien Ring'

Started by draken161, Jan 15, 2012, 03:03:24 AM

Author
'Alien Ring' (Read 24,807 times)

Lord Freezer

Lord Freezer

Prometheus: alien spaceship that falls + Alien: alien derelict = seems to assume is the same ship

Jenga

Jenga

I don't think we can use random quotes from the writers as definitive proof as we have also heard several times from all involved that this isn't a prequel when for all intents and purposes it is.

Gunflyer

Gunflyer

The Space Jockey being fossilized to the chair makes me wonder exactly HOW long the SJ's have been exploring the galaxy... and exactly why there are metal jars filling that huge space instead of face hugger eggs...

LarsVader

LarsVader

There is a derelict design discussion going on over in the fan-art threat.
It starts here http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=37874.msg1265955#msg1265955

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Gunflyer on Jan 19, 2012, 10:08:09 PM
The Space Jockey being fossilized to the chair makes me wonder exactly HOW long the SJ's have been exploring the galaxy... and exactly why there are metal jars filling that huge space instead of face hugger eggs...

Quite simple, really. Not all ships or science labs in our navies and fields of study observe, or create, the same things. Why would theirs?

Deuterium

Deuterium

Not fossilized.  ** sigh **

Read thru this thread, especially post/reply #10 and onward.

Cheers,

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: deuterium on Jan 20, 2012, 02:18:25 PM

Not fossilized.  ** sigh **

Read thru this thread, especially post/reply #10 and onward.

Cheers,

I suppose he ought to have put the word "fossilized" in speech commas

Cvalda

Cvalda

Damon Lindelof says the film will NOT end with the derelict crashing on LV-426. Fine. That doesn't mean the ship seen crashing in the trailer isn't the same ship, though--it just means the crash happens earlier in the film, and the finale perhaps moves on to a different location.

At any rate, here is what we can explicitly gather from the trailer:

The ship ends up in the exact same position as the derelict in ALIEN:

It's highly unlikely that a ship that looks virtually identical to the one in the first film would crashland in a prequel to said film, come to rest in the exact same configuration, and not be the same craft. If this turns out to be the case, that's a really annoying, pointless bit of fan teasing.

SiL

SiL

The planet it's on clearly isn't LV-426, so clearly it's fan teasing.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: SiL on Jan 23, 2012, 09:03:57 AM
The planet it's on clearly isn't LV-426, so clearly it's fan teasing.
The film takes place before ALIEN, so perhaps the planet surface is early in its development, and becomes gradually more grotesque and rocky as the years go on, or perhaps after being terraformed by something that gets loose from the ship and spreads. Giger's planet design is very biological-looking, so...

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Cvalda on Jan 23, 2012, 08:52:11 AMAt any rate, here is what we can explicitly gather from the trailer:
Adding to your sequence, one thing that stands out to me is that in the below shot the derelict is actually upside down, as if it is quite literally rolling along the surface like a giant wheel...

It's almost as if the derelict is designed to move this way. Weird.

-Chris

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Oh cmon, Chris. You can't tell me that is the first time you have noticed that?
Sure the trailer had it coming down on them in a rolling motion.

LOOOL now we know where the road they travel on comes from.

Spoiler
Just kidding, don't shoot me.
[close]

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Some Mothers Do Have Em! on Jan 23, 2012, 09:59:53 AMOh cmon, Chris. You can't tell me that is the first time you have noticed that? Sure the trailer had it coming down on them in a rolling motion.

Yeap, just pointing it out ;D

It has always bothered me though... how the heck does it end up on it's head like that? Either they are running down a really steep hill, or it is actually chasing them.

-Chris

Pn2501

Pn2501

Also the planet "could" be mid way through the terforming process, and due to this in The years following Prometheus revert to more primordial state we see in alien.

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

I thought when we first see it and the explosion it is sort of on it's side like that in flight? So if it is crashing down like that it makes sense than it could possibly begin to roll after impact with the surface.

Edit: It does

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed