Another New Picture

Started by Shasvre, Jan 14, 2012, 09:38:57 PM

Author
Another New Picture (Read 60,239 times)

Highland

Highland

Quote from: BioMechanical on Jan 15, 2012, 04:10:18 PM
You really think we are from here... This ignorant perception is what this movie is going to alter.

Can't wait. Been waiting on a Hollywood movie to alter my whole perception of reality.....  ???

Some total nut jobs on this site.

Toy

Toy

Quote from: Bayo on Jan 15, 2012, 12:58:37 PM
what Malakak mention reminds me of the nephilim(offpring of fallen angels with earth women).
giants that walked the planet thousands of years ago.

I was definitely referring to the Nephilim but also other gods and demi-gods. That's just one of the examples that comes up across world mythologies.  You can find comparisons anywhere demi-gods are involved, which is why I think they will go really deep into all the alien astronaut theory connections, amalgamating some of the world mythologies to make it more manageable since many characters and groups are analogous. And most importantly include some sort of non-humanoid, or truly giant race.

When the Greek gods mated with humans what you sometimes got were the demi-gods, almost super-powered beings comparable to Jesus, Thor, and Horus.  Whereas some of the gods & Titans gave birth to monsters & giants when they mated with or impregnated humans.  Something went wrong with the genetics in those cases-- if we're looking at it through the AA theory perspective.  Gods/goddesses cheating on one another, mating with and raping humans and/or other gods/goddesses, and forming complex relationships with them is almost a recurring theme in the Greek myths. All this interbreeding is said to produce a bunch of extra monsters/giants no one wanted.  Though, it shouldn't be taken too literally except for maybe in relation to Prometheus.  Heracles got a pretty good 50-50 split I would say.

With the story of the Nephilim in the Bible it's the same thing, The fallen angels took the daughters of man in a very similar way and the offspring would sometimes be giants and monsters.  The Fallen angels, and the Nephilim (when not a giant) are also similar to our tall, bald guy. This is theorized by alien astronaut proponents to be due to a partial incompatibility in genetics i.e. the tall, bald race are similar enough to interbreed, but it doesn't always work. It mostly works... mostly.  Sometimes the being's body doesn't know which gravity it should be developing for.  Being a hybrid, the gene sequences coding for development could be competing, and lets say that like insects being able to grow larger in an atmosphere with more oxygen we are able to grow larger with less gravity. If evolved on a planet with less gravity, a significantly taller species may be produced overall because our endoskeletons will allow us to grow only slightly larger in an environment with slightly less gravity.

Many of the demi-gods actually benefited from being born from the gods.  People like Dionysos and other greek demi-gods seem to have no downside from being the child of Zeus and a human, are depicted in human form etc..  Like the Nephilim of AA theory, it seems to be just a freak genetic thing that sometimes happens when they mate with homo sapiens.  Some speculate it's because the genes don't cross right anymore or whatever, or the gravity problem being encoded in their genes somehow.  Also, this is how some claim the Egyptian god-kings and biblical characters lived 100's of years.  Time and gravity are different here. It is all relative perhaps.  Still thinking it's too cheesy to actually have Shaw become pregnant and literally give birth to a monster or giant... but the thought has crossed my mind. Would it be too similar to the stories of the Nephilim, and the fallen angels "seeing the daughters of man, and that they were fair" or "compatible"... mostly.

r888

r888

Space f**king jockey suits in the background epic win
Love the pic
Noomi looks cute
Those mass effect suit look great
Damn hurry up June

bunnyavpg

bunnyavpg

Hmmmm, creation mythology. Here's my theory - The planet that they land on was once populated by humans, hence the big statue head. The real, big SJs land and send down an "Angel" or two (the blue guy), an android who is built in the same form as the resident humans to make communication easier. The android releases some type of genetic nanotechnology that converts the humans into mini-SJs (and God created man in his image) - this could be what we are seeing happen to that guy with the contorted face. Those mini-SJs that we see in the corridor are converted humans, maybe in some sort of suspended animation(??).

Further down the line the Xenomorphs are an accidental offshoot of this technology, they take on the rough form of their host and even their secreted structures are a genetic memory of the architecture seen in Prometheus.

Toy

Toy

Interesting.. if the android does act as a communication device and goes through some transformation he could be the messenger character present in many of the ancient stories I'm talking about them going into depth with.  Hermes is the one who can reach the underworld, the top of mt. Olympus, Atlantis, anywhere he needed to go to bring a message to another character.

Xenomoron

Xenomoron

At the risk of sounding like a one trick pony: if those are indeed the SJ suits Ridley was talking about, then that head on the examination table (likewise the prosthetic mask we've seen a few days ago) is most likely not a mask, but an actual head!

hardcorps54

hardcorps54

everyone seemed so upset by the boots , has it ever crossed anyone's mind that these are old statues..... like suits of armour you find in old houses in cheesy films , those suits could be like their old stone age armour , and just maybe fashion has changed with the times , would you prefer the jockeys to have converse or Nike trainers on their feet ????

and just another random point , could the 79jockey be a double amputee ? and to feed his kids he had to take a job and maybe the only job he could get was a very dangerous job transporting alien eggs somewhere .... who is to say the space jockey society have disability living allowances ..... poor 79jockey , he never stood a chance :(

all i am tryin to say is your shunning this movie just cause they dont have trendy footwear and their suit is Soooooo 1979.

seems very teenager-esq .... cant wait for the back lash this will bring me lol

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I suppose that, if nothing else, these have confirmed a theory which some others and I speculated a while back: The original picture of what some assumed to be an Alien laying on the floor is, in fact, a statue of a Space Jockey which has fallen over and caused one or more of the limbs to snap off.

The aesthetic seems a more or less perfect match with these.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 15, 2012, 08:18:01 PM
I suppose that, if nothing else, these have confirmed a theory which some others and I speculated a while back: The original picture of what some assumed to be an Alien laying on the floor is, in fact, a statue of a Space Jockey which has fallen over and caused one or more of the limbs to snap off.

But I'll say again, why would they take a rock back for study on a medical table?

Unless these statue's are somehow living or were once something else.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Highland on Jan 15, 2012, 08:25:11 PM
But I'll say again, why would they take a rock back for study on a medical table?

Archaeological/anthropology value.

You see it happen more than enough on new sites of interest on our planet. Makes sense they'd do it on another. Some of their equipment isn't going to be portable.

They scan dinosaur skulls and pottery all the time on documentaries, these days. Either to get a look at what's inside or to try dating them.

bunnyavpg

bunnyavpg

Could be we are looking at different things, the head on the medical table could be organic whilst the figures in the corridor are statues.

Xenomoron

Xenomoron

Quote from: bunnyavpg on Jan 15, 2012, 08:32:02 PM

Could be we are looking at different things, the head on the medical table could be organic whilst the figures in the corridor are statues.

That is what I was trying to get accross as well.

Toy

Toy

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 15, 2012, 08:30:08 PM

Archaeological/anthropology value.

You see it happen more than enough on new sites of interest on our planet. Makes sense they'd do it on another. Some of their equipment isn't going to be portable.

They scan dinosaur skulls and pottery all the time on documentaries, these days. Either to get a look at what's inside or to try dating them.

You're probably right about it being broken off the statue and that's why they take it back to study. If it was an average archaeological site we would try to examine everything in context, and disturb things as little as possible to study as much as possible in that context before removing artifacts.  Taking pictures of the entire chamber as it was found would be first priority.  Maybe they didn't have time to do all that, and set up the site, or maybe the cameras on the suits documented it for them.

AnthonyWC70788

AnthonyWC70788

I think the picture looks great. And like I said once before in another post, these are statues and nothing else. Like guards you would see at an ancient Roman type atmosphere. The pictures look great.

As far as the size difference, that is just a small thing to be honest. In the original Alien, they used children to potray the astronauts, in the open view of the room, to make the room and everything look bigger, to give that perspective as awe. Then when in close up it was adults, and the head and SJ indeed looked way closer in size to the humans. Lighten up people, they are larger than us no matter what, I would say at least 8 foot tall or so.

And as to why so many people are aggravated about it being a suit and underneath it is humanoid. I am with some others that have posted in this topic. I think the idea is great. Think of it like this, you are trying to bring in more fans, to sell tickets, and keep the story going with hopefully future movies or such, and to keep people talking. You think that would have been very interesting with some creature walking around that doesnt resemble us even slightly and cant speak English and that whole thing. And to top it off you are tying it in with the Ancient Astronaut theory. We were created in gods image. Take it how you want it, but most people read that statement in that we were made to look like god. And they are trying to entertain as many people as possible to keep this going.

Plus people, this is all fiction, fake, make believe, not real, for heavens sake it is a damn movie. Hopefully a pretty good one. That is why they call is Science FICTION lol. At no time did they say it was based on a true story or true events. It is being made to entertain, hence entertainment. If you dont like how it is going, dont go see it. From what I am seeing I am pretty sure there will be plenty of other people to take your places. Not to mention, you can always throw your hats in the ring and could possibly make a sequel to this movie, because it seems like they always screw up the sequels when it comes to this universe lol... Anthony

Deuterium

Deuterium

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this already (haven't read through the entire thread)...but does anyone else think there might be another Space Jockey statue/figure along the right side of the corridor, behind Noomi (look above her head):

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed