FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video]

Started by Darkoo, Dec 19, 2011, 06:21:33 PM

Author
FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video] (Read 147,375 times)

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: tmjhur on Dec 20, 2011, 12:25:26 AMI said it before, there's an arm reaching in off camera to the right that lifts and raises its hand in the same motion of the guy as if it's controlling him so how. Would be interested to know what others think.

He probably is, but he's not a film character but rather the rig operator, gesticulating the motion as it happens. I doubt there will be wizards in this film... but who knows! ;D

-Chris

Gazz

Gazz

Does anyone think that the guy stood next to Rapace in the BTS footage at 0:20 on the first video looks like Guy Pearce? The guy wearing the glasses. If so, it looks as though he could be one of the crew.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 20, 2011, 12:34:25 AM
Quote from: tmjhur on Dec 20, 2011, 12:25:26 AMI said it before, there's an arm reaching in off camera to the right that lifts and raises its hand in the same motion of the guy as if it's controlling him so how. Would be interested to know what others think.

He probably is, but he's not a film character but rather the rig operator, gesticulating the motion as it happens. I doubt there will be wizards in this film... but who knows! ;D

-Chris

Oh yeah Im with you on that, the first time I noticed the implication I thought, damn, there is going to being wizard crap in this.
But it could be telepathy (which would be too star wars for my liking), or it could be forcefield alien technology that can lift things/people. Which is actually an ancient aliens thing now that I think of it. RE: Pyramid building.

Engineer1

Engineer1

In the Urns you have the Ampules containing DNA materials.

The guy is clearly deformed and way much taller...

Oh and in the hologram room (wich is clearly Engineers tech, in some Engineers ship) you can see a human in the middle platform. He looks tiny compared to the seat on the foreground or maybe it's just perspective...

Wonder if the humans discover nothing alive from the Engineers, but their technology.
They mess with it, some get transformed into Engineers, others into weirder creature...
It's the legacy of our creators and we f**k it up.

I like what Ridley said "we think that we are small, but we discover that we are huge...".

ThisBethesdaSea

Quote from: Gash on Dec 20, 2011, 12:20:04 AM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 19, 2011, 11:07:32 PM
That guy in the first shot with Ridley is clearly changing on a cellular level....his head is elongated, he's missing hair, and he grows taller in those frames. He's not just not just burned, something is happening.

Not seeing that myself. He's on a wire, burned, possibly being lifted or thrown by something added later in post.

I'm talking about the second shot, he's off to the right of the frame....not the first guy. I'd be interested to know why that guy seems to be floating/ flying however.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Gazz on Dec 20, 2011, 12:37:35 AM
Does anyone think that the guy stood next to Rapace in the BTS footage at 0:20 on the first video looks like Guy Pearce? The guy wearing the glasses. If so, it looks as though he could be one of the crew.

I do think that, but alienprequelnews has him listed as james Embree.

Engineer1

Engineer1

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 20, 2011, 12:41:13 AM
I'm talking about the second shot, he's off to the right of the frame....not the first guy. I'd be interested to know why that guy seems to be floating/ flying however.

Probably the reharsal for the shot where the character in suit goes flying, the first official promo shot.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Gazz on Dec 20, 2011, 12:37:35 AMDoes anyone think that the guy stood next to Rapace in the BTS footage at 0:20 on the first video looks like Guy Pearce? The guy wearing the glasses. If so, it looks as though he could be one of the crew.

Yeah it does kind of look like him - he has that sharp jaw line like Pearce. Hard to tell for sure though.

-Chris

tonton

tonton

aHHHHHHHHHHH

Amazing.

The eerie music makes me want to see this in IMAX

Gash

Gash

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 20, 2011, 12:41:13 AM
Quote from: Gash on Dec 20, 2011, 12:20:04 AM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 19, 2011, 11:07:32 PM
That guy in the first shot with Ridley is clearly changing on a cellular level....his head is elongated, he's missing hair, and he grows taller in those frames. He's not just not just burned, something is happening.

Not seeing that myself. He's on a wire, burned, possibly being lifted or thrown by something added later in post.

So am I. But the first shot I'd imagine is a stunt guy trying out the explosion shot that became the first official photo of Rapace being thrown backwards.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: tmjhur on Dec 20, 2011, 12:43:18 AM
Quote from: Gazz on Dec 20, 2011, 12:37:35 AM

I do think that, but alienprequelnews has him listed as james Embree.

If it is Guy it would link up to him being the could-be mutating man too since he seems to be wearing chewed up crew clothes.

However, I'm probably just getting beyond myself like plenty of us seem to be doing  :P

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 20, 2011, 12:39:11 AM
I like what Ridley said "we think that we are small, but we discover that we are huge...".

That's not quite exactly what he said.

He was referring to details that we the audience will think are small, but then turn out to be very big.

Gash

Gash

Where has the mutation idea stemmed from? Anything official?

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: Gash on Dec 20, 2011, 12:57:05 AM
Where has the mutation idea stemmed from? Anything official?

I think it's a combination of pre trailer speculation on DNA mutations and the brief glimpse of the make-up covered actor in a BTS shot completely lacking in context.

Mostly though, it's just more of the same  ;D

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

There's a lot more to this shot in the second video:

Watch the sequence, she is tearing at her clothes. Girl has gone bat-shit!

-Chris

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed