A theory on why Xenomorphs in avp mature quickly

Started by The Alien Predator, Sep 24, 2011, 11:57:16 PM

Author
A theory on why Xenomorphs in avp mature quickly (Read 4,435 times)

Snowdog

Quote from: kelgaard on Sep 27, 2011, 05:50:25 AM
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/movies/avp/behind/behind29.jpg

This pic is from the Behind-The-Scenes section of the AVP gallery.  It's difficult to see, but is that a needle going into the queen's neck?  If so, it likely confirms the injected-with-hormones theory.  Why it wasn't shown in the movie, I dunno.

If you look closely you can see this in the movie. Only the camera point of view doesn't show it that well. Also with the moving queen and all. I just like to think they are there  :) problem solved for me.

SM

QuoteThe Queen was drugged to give offspring that would be stronger than regular drones

How were they stronger?  One got its face sliced off.

QuoteThe Aliens in AvP:R were dumb because they didn't have a Queen to direct them.

Just like the first Alien was hella dumb without a Queen right?  And the AvP Alien which did have a Queen to direct it, but walked straight onto a pole and forgot it had arms?

The Xenoborg

Quote from: SM on Sep 29, 2011, 11:21:23 PM
QuoteThe Queen was drugged to give offspring that would be stronger than regular drones

How were they stronger?  One got its face sliced off.

Well, it misjudged and underestimated the Predator.

Quote from: SM on Sep 29, 2011, 11:21:23 PM

QuoteThe Aliens in AvP:R were dumb because they didn't have a Queen to direct them.

Just like the first Alien was hella dumb without a Queen right?  And the AvP Alien which did have a Queen to direct it, but walked straight onto a pole and forgot it had arms?
The Alien didn't have any super threats like Predators running around but just unarmed humans, which were like mildly threatening to it.
I'm not saying Aliens are stupid animals, they have considerable intelligence and the first Alien didn't actually attack anyone head-on, except Lambert and Parker. It could actually roam around anywhere in the Nostromo. I think it even manipulated the crew causing most of them to approach it; it wasn't THAT dumb. It worked on instinct and used its own intelligence.

It got dumb when Ripley used the environment control against it because it didn't expect Ripley to somehow 'attack' it, and thus it didn't know what to do.

Hipster Alien, Grid, before it even became Grid, used its tail to be unpredictable and knock Celtic down. But it got overwhelmed by Celtic and got rammed into a pillar because Celtic cut its tail and you do get weak, carried away and feel pain while some part of your body is cut.

SM

SM

And yet none of this seems to support your point that an Alien that isn't directed by a Queen (how are they directed?) is "dumb".

The first one picked off Brett and Dallas while they were seperated from the others.  Sounds pretty smart to me.  Same with the Fiorina Alien taking out Murphy on his own, Rains on his own, then sneaking up on Boggs, then Frank again on his own.

The Xenoborg

Quote from: SM on Sep 30, 2011, 12:28:39 AM
And yet none of this seems to support your point that an Alien that isn't directed by a Queen (how are they directed?) is "dumb".

The first one picked off Brett and Dallas while they were seperated from the others.  Sounds pretty smart to me.

The Queen in Aliens instructed its offspring to gtfo when Ripley threatened to burn the eggs. The Aliens stopped, because the Queen already had a plan in mind.
The Queen in AvP screamed and yelled and somehow the Aliens knew that they had to use the acid blood to break the chains and clutches.

The first Alien rested or appeared to be minding its own business, when Brett came along. It HAD to attack Dallas because they closed shafts that it could use as escape points.

I mentioned that the Aliens are capable of using instinct in the absence of a Queen. The first Alien used it to some success but was outwitted finally by Ripley (and Jones  ;D)
The AvP Aliens were being instructed by the Queen to somehow expand the hive but also destroy threats. That is why the Aliens ambushed the humans but head on attacked the Predators.
Aliens like Grid balanced the Queen's babbles and its own thoughts.

The first generation of Aliens in AvP:R came from captured, tested Facehuggers that were weak and possibly from some other Queen. They didn't have anyone to look upto and the current proto-Queen didn't care for them but still used them to distract Wolf.
The Aliens that emerged from embryos of Chet were somewhat ALWAYS with Chet, in the hospital and in the oil refinery and it attacked the threats that attacked its offspring.
The offspring quickly died when Chet was occupied with Wolf.

SM

QuoteThe Queen in Aliens instructed its offspring to gtfo when Ripley threatened to burn the eggs. The Aliens stopped, because the Queen already had a plan in mind.

One instance of her telling them what to do doesn't make them too dumb to make decisions on their own.  And if she's so smart, why did she sit around in crumbling AP Station...

QuoteThe Queen in AvP screamed and yelled and somehow the Aliens knew that they had to use the acid blood to break the chains and clutches.

Sp the Alien knew they had acid blood, or the Queen told them?  The Auriga strain seemed to know that too, without the Queen yelling at them.

QuoteThe first Alien rested or appeared to be minding its own business, when Brett came along.

It descended from the landing leg, grabbed him and took off again.  If it was resting, Brett could've come in, got the cat and left unmolested.

QuoteThe AvP Aliens were being instructed by the Queen to somehow expand the hive but also destroy threats.

How?  The Aliens constructed a hive prior to breaking out the Queen.  Same deal in Alien DC.

QuoteAliens like Grid balanced the Queen's babbles and its own thoughts.

How?

QuoteThe first generation of Aliens in AvP:R came from captured, tested Facehuggers that were weak and possibly from some other Queen.

Why were the huggers weak?

Anything here other than wild speculation?

The Xenoborg

QuoteOne instance of her telling them what to do doesn't make them too dumb to make decisions on their own.  And if she's so smart, why did she sit around in crumbling AP Station...
I literally gave examples of them being intelligent without the Queen. Also, I think the Queen underestimated Ripley and even if she was the smartest in the Hive, I don't think she knew about the repercussions of nuclear explosions.

QuoteSp the Alien knew they had acid blood, or the Queen told them? The Auriga strain seemed to know that too, without the Queen yelling at them.
Perhaps the Queen called them just to free her somehow and they thought the acid blood would be a great idea or something.

QuoteIt descended from the landing leg, grabbed him and took off again.  If it was resting, Brett could've come in, got the cat and left unmolested.
Even if it was resting, the huge room was perfect for it to seek shelter; so when Brett came inside, it killed him because of territory issues and for making loud noises.
If it wasn't resting, and actually somehow planned to kill Brett, it again shows that it was using strategic techniques to eliminate threats, without a Queen.
I always wondered why it never killed Jones.
But later, while watching the film on Bluray (finally :D) I realized that it knew that the humans were concerned about the cat and used the cat to kill them.

QuoteHow?  The Aliens constructed a hive prior to breaking out the Queen.  Same deal in Alien DC.
Even if the Hive was built before, the entire pyramid wasn't turned into a hive. I said, 'expand', so she probably wanted to make a huge hive, with ambush points for the prey that would later enter the pyramid.
Aliens like Grid balanced the Queen's babbles and its own thoughts.

How?
It dodged Scar's plasma shots, while the other Aliens were trying to directly approach the Predator and Alexa.
It seemed like the only Alien taking most of the decisions (after the Queen), like ambushing Alexa and Sebastian, and in the end, leading the surviving Aliens to the exit tunnel, even if the Queen left them behind.

QuoteThe first generation of Aliens in AvP:R came from captured, tested Facehuggers that were weak and possibly from some other Queen.

Why were the huggers weak?

Anything here other than wild speculation?
The facehuggers that you see in the beginning sequence of AvP:R were captured, without having access to hosts, inside tubes containing some liquid chemical.
That liquid chemical helped in containing them, while the Predators perhaps did some goofy stuff to them.
They, along with Chet, were the only survivors of the crashed Predator scout ship.

Never say no to Panda!

I guess those needles on the image are part of the device to keep the queen in stasis and the story 'bout the hormons was just the first thing that came into his mind so fill this plot hole. In my opinion it is a mediocre monster bash movie without soul so they don't care for such things. We don't have time to let 'em grow so speed the damn thing up, end of story.

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Quote from: SM on Sep 28, 2011, 11:42:03 PM
Dunno about that.  You could fly right through a star, or bounce too close to a supernova.

Sounds like a line out of Star Wars ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed