The Previews/Interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Jul 05, 2011, 04:57:14 PM

Author
The Previews/Interviews Thread (Read 90,388 times)

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: ikarop on May 09, 2012, 12:29:54 AM
QuoteOne of your newest projects is Alien: Colonial Marines which will act as a sequel to the highly popular film series. How did you approach your compositions within this game; did you draw on any certain inspirations, and did you feel any added pressure to please the loyal Aliens fans?

Kevin Riepl
: Well, I'd like to call it my newest & oldest. The musical approach to this game was simple in my opinion. The story is canonical so why not have the music reflect this. The inspirations were definitely Jerry Goldsmith's work in Alien and James Horner's work in Aliens. Depending on where the story leads in the game is how I approach the music for that area. If it's reminiscent of something from Alien, the music has more Goldsmith influence; if it's a story point from Aliens, the music is influenced by Horner. New areas or story aspects are pieces I created using all the influences in the Aliens universe. I don't feel any pressure. Being a HUGE fan of the franchise, I think I'm giving myself the most pressure. I know I won't please everyone, but if I stay true to what Aliens is, fans will be happy...I think.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/55405/exclusive-interview-composer-kevin-riepl-discusses-aliens-colonial-marines-and-resistance

Excuse me, I have to go vomit some rainbows.

ikarop

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/05/09/aliens-colonial-marines-your-multiplayer-questions-answered/

QuoteWhat different multiplayer modes will there be? And how many players are supported in multiplayer matches? (asked by @Pogo_05)

Chris Brock, Multiplayer Producer: We've only announced and shown Team Deathmatch at this time, but there are additional modes that we'll be showing before too long. These modes are more objective based and we can't wait to put them out in front of people. As far as player counts go, we're still testing out what feels right on a per-mode basis.

How many maps are there for competitive multiplayer, and how many players does co-op support? (asked by @Nekrospike)

CB: We're working on many multiplayer maps at the moment. We don't have a specific number at this time but it will be a good selection of maps that will be our best! The co-op campaign will support up to four players.

Will multiplayer weapons be in-map pickups or loadouts? (asked by @LingeringRegime)

CB: Or a combination thereof, perhaps? :-)

Will it support splitscreen on PS3? I would like to see more games having a split-screen option (asked by @TRIEDGE_68)

CB: Yes!

Will there be multiplayer maps based on other alien movies like Alien, Alien 3, and Alien Resurrection? Will the Predator make a cameo? (asked by @JDas2k)

CB: The Predator is something that you will not see in Aliens: Colonial Marines. AvP is a fun and compelling universe, but a separate one from the original Aliens universe. We draw inspiration for multiplayer maps from all the films, in addition to concept art and expanded Aliens universe content.

What's it like to control a xenomorph in multiplayer combat? What attacks and abilities do they have?

CB: Awesome ones! Xenomorphs are obviously much more agile than their human counterparts, so they're very quick and have the ability to maneuver about on walls and ceilings. As you've seen before, every part of a xenomorph is dangerous, from their claws and tails to their "little mouths" and acidic blood. They have a wide variety of ways to attack the marines.

Several other titles have enabled players to control xenomorphs. Where did those approaches fall short, and how does Aliens: Colonial Marines improve on that approach?

CB: We feel it's key to keep the xenomorph player's perspective in third person. Xenos have to be sneaky and agile, so the wall and ceiling climbing is a necessity. That said, playing in that style, in first person, can be quite disorienting.

Can aliens kill humans in multiple, theatrical ways? And what can a marine do in close quarters to ward off an alien attack?

CB: Xenos can kill humans in many ways. What can a marine do in close quarters to ward off an alien attack? Pray! In all seriousness, a marine's best bet is to stay with other marines and cover each other.

Will ACM's multiplayer include customization for the humans and aliens and, if so, what are some examples of abilities that can be enhanced for both species?

CB: We're not talking too specifically about the metagame yet, but there's a wide amount of customization in both appearance and abilities.

Will the game include weaponry not depicted in the films? Can weapons be modded and improved?

CB: The films allude to a lot of weapons that are never shown. As you might imagine, we're pretty excited to show you what those might look like.

Ash 937

Gearbox is drawing "inspiration for multiplayer maps from all the films, in addition to concept art and expanded Aliens universe content." That could mean we'll explore settings beyond the Sulaco warship and the surface of the planet LV-426. Perhaps we'll kill each other in multiplayer combat in the penal colony of Fiorina 161 from Alien 3 or aboard the Nostromo of the original Alien.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/5/9/3009907/aliens-colonial-marines-ventures-beyond-aliens-with-its-multiplayer

Predaker

Maybe some jungle maps?  :D

Nightlord

Quote from: Predaker on May 11, 2012, 08:17:47 PM
I honestly wouldn't mind one, but in all likelihood I don't think we'll be seeing any jungle maps.

A map of that flooded area under Hadleys hope would be sweet, swimming aliens.

Chris!(($$))!

I don't think we'll get any of those. Then again, if they draw influence from PROMETHEUS, who knows.

SM

SM

heh - Resurrection style hypersleep pods on a cart at 00:28.  ;D

The Wii-U tracker thing sounds cool.

escroto

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on May 12, 2012, 12:27:48 AM

I don't think we'll get any of those. Then again, if they draw influence from PROMETHEUS, who knows.
you know, the boy wants predators in this game too ;D

As for the possibility of A L I E N and alien3 maps (at least one of each), man now that's good news indeed

Predaker

Quote from: escroto on May 18, 2012, 11:32:35 AM
Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on May 12, 2012, 12:27:48 AM

you know, the boy wants predators in this game too ;D

As for the possibility of A L I E N and alien3 maps (at least one of each), man now that's good news indeed
Hardly, but thanks for trolling.

RagingDragon

Quote from: Ash 937 on May 11, 2012, 08:10:40 PM
Gearbox is drawing "inspiration for multiplayer maps from all the films, in addition to concept art and expanded Aliens universe content." That could mean we'll explore settings beyond the Sulaco warship and the surface of the planet LV-426. Perhaps we'll kill each other in multiplayer combat in the penal colony of Fiorina 161 from Alien 3 or aboard the Nostromo of the original Alien.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/5/9/3009907/aliens-colonial-marines-ventures-beyond-aliens-with-its-multiplayer

ikarop

PVTDukeMorrison

Ash 937

Quote from: SM on May 18, 2012, 11:27:23 AM
heh - Resurrection style hypersleep pods on a cart at 00:28.  ;D

Good eye...but I hope that is the only reference to Alien: Resurrection for this game.  If anything, I think that a few references to the Alien would be more appropriate in A:CM.

SM

Of course.  But stuff like the Resurrection cryotubes and cart seem to be fairly insignifcant Easter Eggs.  They mean nothing but are cool to find.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed