The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 470,843 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I have not seen such superbly executed garbage since Prometheus.

Voodoo Magic

Come on... Prometheus is way better than this.

Can't believe
Spoiler
after all this time, after all this preparation, Arya Stark stops her quest for vengeance after a 20 second conversation  ::)
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

No, no it isn't.
The writing is of a near identical quality.

&
Anyone who used to enjoy GoT, play
The Witcher Wild Hunt.

Spoiler
lol

I can't believe it.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Well, so much for that.

There will always be the books, so there is that I guess.

Local Trouble

I don't see what everyone's so upset about.

LastSonofKrypton

Episode 5

Spoiler
What the hell have they done to Jon Snow?!!  He's become a spectator this season, why did he come back to life, he does absolutely nothing!!
[close]

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 13, 2019, 04:56:24 AM
I don't see what everyone's so upset about.

Among other things i guess for most it's
Spoiler
Dany's decision to just burn the whole city down in a sudden fit of madness after she has basically won, for no apparent reason other than to drive home the point that she is now Aerys 2.0. and the end Varys\Jamie\Cersei got.
[close]

But at least it still looks and sounds amazing.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Spoiler
I've been expecting Dany to do something like this for years.  She's always been a powder keg, but I think the deaths of her closest friends and the betrayals by the rest of her inner circle were just the last straw.
[close]

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Spoiler
For me it's not so much that she turns out the way she does as the how she does it. I would have prefered if they would have given her transformation a little bit more time to make it feel a little more organic. Instead of having her massacre the city in a fit, just let the sack get out of hand as they often do and as Tyrion and others warned her it would. Dothraki do what they do, dragon fire gets out of control and the city gets destroyed and it's people decimated in the flaming chaos. The people she always thought would welcome her as a saviour see her as the mad kings daughter after that, without her actually going from zero to war crime. And you could still have her go down the same increasingly paranoid and mad path as her dad.
[close]

Rudiger

Rudiger

So far so very predictable.

The Old One

The Old One

It's awfully written, I'd take more predictable over this, I'd take: all the fanatic theories are correct, over this.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Beeing vaguely predictable is often preferable to beeing unpredictable for the sake of it. "Subverting expectations" has near meme status for a reason  :D

The Old One

The Old One

Absolutely correct.

Voodoo Magic

Rudiger

Rudiger

Such a shame. There have been one or two great scenes in this series, but the central plot has been poor.

Last night's extended episode was just full of filler. Character development - the one thing that GOT used to get so right - has been chucked off a cliff.

I miss the days when a character getting bumped actually opened the plot up rather than shut things down.

And I think they are making a massive mistake in trying and resolve everything.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed