The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 460,893 times)

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Tangakkai on May 02, 2011, 07:55:02 PM
Quote from: Snowdog on May 02, 2011, 07:48:33 PM
I'm planning to watch the first episode tonight so  ::) But i'm reading a lot of good things about it. Also the 10 minute HBO special was pretty cool.

Honestly, I think it's really difficult to not like the show. It's all thought out really well and you can see the writers behind it put a great deaf of effort in it. The moment it starts you somehow feel "oh this is serious stuff".

I will let you guys know :P

Snowdog

Snowdog

Just finished watching the first episode. I have to say it was pretty well done. The sets are great, the acting is pretty good and
Spoiler
WTF the ending just killing the little boy seriously
[close]
It is pretty populair to put an R rated show on the air nowadays i guess. The only thing i didn't like but i guess that is just a result of watching to many episodes of Spartacus Blood and Sand/Gods of the Arena. And the fellow fans of that show don't even have to open the spoiler tag to know what i'm talking about.
Spoiler
The sex scenes seriously. sometimes it was pretty fake with the pants still on and everything it was more dry humping. The whole wedding scene was the biggest of all. All the woman who get f**ked by 3 guys in 30 seconds. they didn't even bother to really do something :P
[close]
But overall i really liked the first episode.  ;D

Shasvre

Shasvre

Just watched the third episode. Pretty good, it was nice seeing more of the Wall. Can't wait until we see more of what's on the other side.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

About to watch episode 3, nice to know there'll be more about the wall.

@ Snowdog

Well yeah, like I said, it is not terribly original, which for example comes out in those scenes you were talking about...

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I'm liking where things are going now, with the Wall and the Winter. That's the aspect that I'm liking the most, right now.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Gimme some more White Walker action. I'm looking forward to when the dragons hatch, too, I'm a real sucker for that kind of stuff.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Just watched episode 3, it is pretty awesome  8)
Spoiler
the sex scenes are getting better :P
[close]
Also i'm starting to hate some of the characters ( in a good way ) character building is pretty good in this show.

Pn2501

Pn2501

3rd ep hit the titty quota, I'm in agreeance with the showing more of the wall. Ending of the ep was a letdown.
Spoiler
blessed by the great stalion lol
[close]

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

You mean the Grayt Stallyn.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

As somebody who has read all the books, I've watched the show with interest.  At first it seemed somewhat miscast (Cersai is suppossed to be a beautiful knockout, King Robert a towering brute of a man,) but I've gotten used to the cast playing these characters now and its dandy.  Hedley can act, and I suppose you'd rather have an actress that is pretty over a gorgeous woman who can't act at all.

I will warn you, don't get attached to the characters.  ;)

Also, people you will hate at the beggining of the series you will end up liking by the end.  I guarentee it.   There is also some of that on the flipside as well.  Where people you like make douche moves.  Though this is mostly regulated to minor characters.

Martin just needs to hurry the f**k up and finish the series before he dies of old age.  It took something like five years for book five to come out (and it still hasn't but its soon).  Which was really suppossed to be half of book four which was already almost finished at one time.

Also, bring on Bronn the sellsword.  If he isn't the most awesome character the moment he steps in the book, I fail the series.

Pn2501

Pn2501

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on May 03, 2011, 04:11:51 AM
You mean the Grayt Stallyn.
Nice

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 03, 2011, 04:21:43 AM
As somebody who has read all the books, I've watched the show with interest.  At first it seemed somewhat miscast (Cersai is suppossed to be a beautiful knockout, King Robert a towering brute of a man,) but I've gotten used to the cast playing these characters now and its dandy.  Hedley can act, and I suppose you'd rather have an actress that is pretty over a gorgeous woman who can't act at all.

I will warn you, don't get attached to the characters.  ;)

Also, people you will hate at the beggining of the series you will end up liking by the end.  I guarentee it.   There is also some of that on the flipside as well.  Where people you like make douche moves.  Though this is mostly regulated to minor characters.

Martin just needs to hurry the f**k up and finish the series before he dies of old age.  It took something like five years for book five to come out (and it still hasn't but its soon).  Which was really suppossed to be half of book four which was already almost finished at one time.

Also, bring on Bronn the sellsword.  If he isn't the most awesome character the moment he steps in the book, I fail the series.

Good to get an opinion from someone who's read the books.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

They've changed a few minor things but it isn't of any major concern.  I just hope it doesn't have a domino effect where great big huge important things are changed later on.

Most of it is storytelling "told around the fire" through a characters point of view that you can't really use in the story because it doesn't make sense contextually.  You can't say Tyrion heard his brother/Barristan the Bold/King Robert talk about kicking ass and then him lay out the history of the events for you so you just have a random scene in the show where the three actually do that even though none of the first book is told through their pov. 

Even though one of those three does become a POV down the line. ;)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on May 02, 2011, 10:35:46 PM
Gimme some more White Walker action. I'm looking forward to when the dragons hatch, too, I'm a real sucker for that kind of stuff.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Spoiler
I can't wait for them to actually grow up and be useful.  At the time of the fourth book they are small and useless.
[close]

I'm telling you my man Bronn has unlimited swag.

Has some of the best kill scenes in stories.

Spoiler
Fights a knight in single combat, lets him shield and armor up, lets knight chase him, then as he's wearing out, pushes a statues on him, stabs him, and frees tyrion.  Or when he's in a lance battle with another lord and instead of aiming for the lord, he aims for the horse pinning the lord, and then kills the lord in front of his wife.
[close]

Straight balling.

Also.  Dolorous.  Edd.  Tollet.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Anybody in here read/ is reading the books of the "Game of Thrones" - Saga?

Because it really baffles me why everybody is expecting to see white walkers, when actually:

Spoiler
even in the 5 books that are out it is never clearly said, that the white walkers exist...
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed