The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 470,703 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 03, 2013, 11:28:19 AM
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m191/Izzys88/1364986436291_zps8ed4426d.gif

Dayum, dayum, DAYUM!
Awesome. :D

I'm almost done reading A Feast for Crows. There's not much of a big conflict this time around, but I'm enjoying it so far. It's interesting that the church is starting to more power. Another bad decision on Cersei's part, I'm afraid.

First Blood

First Blood

Dayum, dayum, DAYUM!

Awesome. Now we just need Jorah Mormont to wield a lightsaber. 8)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 03, 2013, 02:06:16 PM

Dayum, dayum, DAYUM!
Awesome. Now we just need Jorah Mormont to wield a lightsaber. 8)
Especially since Ned and Jaime already did. :laugh:

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I'd just like to share a story of how amazing Charles Dance is.

My brother and I were rewatching an episode about a week ago (think it was "Garden of Bones"), but not giving it our full attention. Making some chit-chat, talking about the show and the books, making some comments and jokes, the usual stuff. The upshot is, we weren't all there in what was happening on screen at the moment.

Then Tywin rode in.

My brother and I both sorta hesitated in our conversation, just stumbling a little bit, our subconscious trying to get us to stop talking.

Then Tywin spoke.

We both instantly shut up, our full attention towards the screen, rapt on this man and his charisma, afraid of what he might do if he caught us ignoring him.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 03, 2013, 02:26:37 PM
Especially since Ned and Jaime already did. :laugh:

Aye that video was good. :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Nice 1st episode :)

Those Unsullied.
Dat cunning Margaery.
Dat Giant.
Dat Tywin vs tyrion scene :'(

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 03, 2013, 02:32:54 PM
I'd just like to share a story of how amazing Charles Dance is.

My brother and I were rewatching an episode about a week ago (think it was "Garden of Bones"), but not giving it our full attention. Making some chit-chat, talking about the show and the books, making some comments and jokes, the usual stuff. The upshot is, we weren't all there in what was happening on screen at the moment.

Then Tywin rode in.

My brother and I both sorta hesitated in our conversation, just stumbling a little bit, our subconscious trying to get us to stop talking.

Then Tywin spoke.

We both instantly shut up, our full attention towards the screen, rapt on this man and his charisma, afraid of what he might do if he caught us ignoring him.

I absolutely know what you mean. I don't believe I've heard another person speak while watching him perform.

That's some kinky f**kery.

Shasvre

TheLoneSpoon

Eva

Eva

Loved it, a great intro to what is about to go down in S3. I love Shasvre's new sig too. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Eva on Apr 05, 2013, 03:53:04 PMI love Shasvre's new sig too. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Family love is where it's at. 8)

Started reading A Dance with Dragons today. It's good to see Daenerys and Tyrion again. But is it just me or does Tyrion come of as a bit crueler in the books than he does in the show?

Also, Bronn was never really in A Feast for Crows, but just those few comments about him were awesome. Keep working your way up in the world, brave sellsword. ;D

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 05, 2013, 05:24:03 PM
Quote from: Eva on Apr 05, 2013, 03:53:04 PMI love Shasvre's new sig too. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Started reading A Dance with Dragons today. It's good to see Daenerys and Tyrion again. But is it just me or does Tyrion come of as a bit crueler in the books than he does in the show?

Also, Bronn was never really in A Feast for Crows, but just those few comments about him were awesome. Keep working your way up in the world, brave sellsword. ;D

Spoiler
Is that the bit about the joust where Bron goes for the horse rather than the rider? I really hope that makes it into the TV series
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on Apr 05, 2013, 06:46:55 PM
Spoiler
Is that the bit about the joust where Bron goes for the horse rather than the rider? I really hope that makes it into the TV series
[close]

Yup, proving once again that fighting with honour is what gets you killed. :laugh:

m41guy

m41guy

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 05, 2013, 05:24:03 PM

Spoiler
Don't forget what has all just happend to him.  His world and everything he believed in was just flipped upside down in "A Storm of Swords".  I can't think of too many thoughts right off hand in the previous books but yes, he takes a turn for the darker side afterwards.
[close]

Yes, I hope to see more of Bronn as well after season 3 and not just as off camera conversations.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed