The Blade Runner Thread

Started by Shasvre, Mar 03, 2011, 01:15:19 AM

Author
The Blade Runner Thread (Read 225,232 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

:laugh:

Funnily, I don't think Scott ever had a problem with elevenses and high tea (and the pub afterwards). At least I don't recall him ever complaining about it. He did say he preferred working with British crews because when he asked for something they'd say "Yes, Guv'nor" and then do it whereas the American crews would often question or debate Scott's requests.

Conversely, I don't recall Cameron complaining about not being allowed to operate the camera.

The Old One

The Old One

Rest in Peace.

Russ840

Russ840

Finally watched this.

Beautiful bit of cinema.

Loved it.

I was really apprehensive because I can't even get all the through the first.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

In an earlier version of the script, Gaff berates Deckard in Japanese on his appearance and personal grooming habits during their flight to the police precinct. In the film itself, Gaff can still be seen talking to Deckard while Deckard eventually rolls his eyes at what Gaff is telling him:

The deleted "Holden in hospital" scene. While the scene didn't make the final cut, Holden's "bed" or "iron lung" was re purposed as a police kiosk outside Abdul ben Hassan's shop. It can also be seen again as a kitchen sink in Deckard's apartment:

Gaff and Bryant "spying" on Deckard and Holden:

Sean, back when she was still young:

Ridley trying to coax a performance out of Harrison:

Ingwar

Ingwar

Looking at those photos makes me to read Future Noir again. Blade Runner Bible. I need to order new edition.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Great pics! That looks like the first (unused) version of the Esper in the middle there - you can see the logo on it.

Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 25, 2019, 08:01:27 PM
Looking at those photos makes me to read Future Noir again. Blade Runner Bible. I need to order new edition.

I'm reading that version now. There's a LOT more than I remember being in the first edition!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Blade Runner month continues with more photographs from Charles de Lauzirika:

Harrison Ford and Gene Winfield taking the Police Spinner for a spin:

Gene Winfield and his team were responsible for building most of the vehicles seen in Blade Runner:

The vehicles in Blade Runner originally had a twin, twist-wrist steering system. This was later changed to a single, small steering wheel as the vehicle wranglers, unused to this new futuristic steering mechanism kept crashing the cars. Although the pictures depict one of the drive-able "hero" Spinners, the interior was only minimally decorated and a separate Spinner consisting of only the cockpit section itself was used for the interior shots.   

Kaiser and Bear:

Ridley would later expand on the idea of using "little people" with lots of prosthetic make-up in Legend.

The Blade Runner visual effects team:

Foam mock-up of the Tyrell pyramid:

Some of the miniatures from Escape from New York:

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing it all here.  :)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Amazing pics

The Old One

The Old One

Fantastic stuff.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Today is the last day of November 2019 and coincidentally also happens to be our beloved Guv'nor's 82nd birthday:

"No-one is taking my camera away from me!!"

Riddles enjoying some Johnnie Walker Black (I think):

Ridley Scott was 44 when Blade Runner was filmed. It is also believed by some, that the no. 44 on the Hero spinner was in reference to his age:

The Old One

The Old One

Happy Birthday R.S

Evanus

Evanus

Really love all the BTS photos.

Happy birthday to the mad lad himself  8)

The Old One

The Old One

Yes, thank you once more. Loving the BTS.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed