Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Jan 14, 2011, 11:14:35 PM

Author
Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film (Read 120,026 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I agree with a lot of what you said Johnny.
Especially on the Anthology part.

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jan 16, 2011, 10:07:12 PM
AHEM.
Spoiler

you are a bunch of f**king babies. "BAAAAAAAAAW RIDLEY IS A JERK HE PROMISED US A NEW ALIEN MOVIE I HATE HIM!"

of course there won't be a f**king prequel. making a prequel to alien is f**king retarded and you should run in front of a bus for considering it. we found out only a year or so about Ridley's involvement and you're talking about this like he visited you when you were a little brat walking out of AVP and promissed your terminally Ill puppy would live to see the movie. HAVE YOU EVEN READ THE SCRIPT HE WAS WORKING? DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING I DON'T ABOUT IT? a guy was going to get anally raped. that is a man humping another man in the middle of your f**king masterpiece of horror. and guess what, if Ridley thought it was for the better to take the alien title of this and not shit over us, i trust him.

"BUT I WANTED ANOTHER ALIEN MOVIE NOW THE FRANCHISE IS DEAAAAD" f**k off. the Alien franchise died with AvP. Alien vs Predator. you must be authistic to not notice how retarded any movie with "vs" on the title is. did you expect this to blend into a wonderful Universe with two of your favorite franchises in one doing cool shit? oh, you did. some of you still do. you deluded motherf**kers. good things don't happen. now grow out of it, pull up your panties and don't act like Fox just f**ked us in the ass for the first time, because it's not.
[close]

Dude,what irritates me is not the fact that the alien prequel will never be made.
Its the fact Ridley talked about it like he had everything ready and he would start making it.
He gave high hopes to all who love the franchise for more than 2 decades.
''overreacting''....Im not gonna stop eating because its canceled or cut my veins but im disappointed (me and the rest 99% of the members)

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

no you have the right to be dissappointed, but what gets me its how personal people here get, people insulting and bitching and acting incredibly inmature. it's an alien movie we won't see, and i understand that, but i never thought it was going to be any good, Ridley and Giger or not.

Alien is not the kind of movie you can build a story before without doing some serious contradictions that would bring the whole thing down.

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jan 16, 2011, 10:46:51 PM
no you have the right to be dissappointed, but what gets me its how personal people here get, people insulting and bitching and acting incredibly inmature. it's an alien movie we won't see, and i understand that, but i never thought it was going to be any good, Ridley and Giger or not.

Alien is not the kind of movie you can build a story before without doing some serious contradictions that would bring the whole thing down.

Yeah but now we will never know  >:(

But what irritates me more is all the members who say that its better the prequel wasnt made.
I cant believe that any person who registered here prefers this ''Prometheus project'' than a ''pure'' alien sequel/prequel.
and all who didnt want the prequel made based on the leaked script with the gay scenes ect...i have 1 answer:

RIDLEY should move his ass,try to make a better script and try to make a good alien movie even if the project was to be pushed back 2 or 3 years more.
I wouldnt mind to hear an answer like:it will be ready when it's ready.

and the prequel wasnt doomed...all it needed was a good script.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jan 16, 2011, 10:46:51 PM

Even Ridley Scott acknowledged that if he did this movie, it would've contradicted continuity anyway.

If you ask me, the prequel was doomed from the start. I was one of the few who foresaw that.

-Rakai'Thwei

Valaquen

It was a serious shot in the foot to publicise and hype an Alien prequel, seek out and get Ridley Scott as a director [to the extent that they were turning down directors Scott advocated for the project], have him do nothing but talk about it for a year [even in their much hyped Alien Anthology], have Giger tentatively announced as being involved, and then say, not long before filming, that it wasn't happening after all. Silly FOX.

QuoteEven Ridley Scott acknowledged that if he did this movie, it would've contradicted continuity anyway.
Alien's continuity? Quote please.

Johnny Handsome

QuoteAlien is not the kind of movie you can build a story before without doing some serious contradictions that would bring the whole thing down.

Why not?

I think you could. Never say never.

Is it a risk? Of course, but some of the best movies are born out of risks. And if everybody would be as overly careful and unconfident, we wouldn't have movies like Lord of the Rings.

That damn ship didnt Land on the rock for nothing, and the alien didnt start to exist with that Nostromo encounter, and Ash didnt pull his orders out of his ass. So yes, i think there is a whole series of movies possible wthout f**king up anything.

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

Ridley shouldn't talk about it (and in such a detail) for so long if he wasn't sure he would make it and give high hopes to all and he isnt a little child to be manipulated by Fox.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 16, 2011, 10:55:56 PM
QuoteEven Ridley Scott acknowledged that if he did this movie, it would've contradicted continuity anyway.
Alien's continuity? Quote please.

It's somewhere here in one of the many prequel treads in the prequel board. It was when Ridley Scott was asked about the prequel and talked about it.

Right now I'm just too effin' lazy to actually look through hundreds and hundreds of threads to look for that quote.

-Rakai'Thwei

samoht

I'm getting over this news now.

If this new movie is just as good as alien or close to its quality, but with a different story then we could be in for something great.

This could start a new franchise with a new fanbase.

Johnny Handsome

That's some serious bullshit right there. Why, from a director and professional standpoint, would he say something like that in before? That sure would put a lot of people and moviegoers off right away from the start, and you don't do that if you hype up a project to win viewers.

I smell BS.

QuoteThis could start a new franchise with a new fanbase.
Or, be his desperate attempt at making a poor man's Avatar.

Sharp Sticks

Yeah, I'm getting over it too. My real point of contention, like Valaquen, is that we were promised something and they broke that promise. I'm raw about that.

But it doesn't change what I love about Alien and Aliens in the slightest. I'll probably go and watch them back-to-back again this week, and I'll be completely fine, apart from a bitter comment here and there. It's over.

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jan 16, 2011, 11:08:39 PM
Yeah, I'm getting over it too. My real point of contention, like Valaquen, is that we were promised something and they broke that promise. I'm raw about that.

+1

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jan 16, 2011, 11:05:27 PM
I smell BS.

Could be that, since I am basing off memory from what I've read from fan heresay on a fan forum, after all.

Hey I could be wrong.

-Rakai'Thwei

Johnny Handsome

QuoteI am basing off memory from what I've read from fan heresay on a fan forum

Apples and Oranges.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed