First Look at Predators Script!

Started by Darkness, Sep 28, 2009, 07:18:42 PM

Author
First Look at Predators Script! (Read 18,242 times)

Darkness

Darkness

There’s a very interesting video commentary on LatinoReview who has had a look at a draft of the script dated July 12, 2009. The first look is very positive. They say the script is ‘awesome’ and providing Fox let Rodriguez handle everything, Fox will have a blockbuster on their hands by next summer. Here’s the main points:

-The script isn’t PG13, it’s a ‘bloody, violent, hard R script reminiscent of the original’.
-Story takes place on the Predators’ homeplanet… Picture it as one big jungle from the cretaceous period.
-Opening sequence takes place with our main character, Royce, chasing down something on a rooftop. The sequence ends with him killing his prey with the Predator watching. The Predator then kidnaps him. We next see the character parashooting onto the Predator planet.
-Soon after we meet seven other characters who also parashooted onto the planet: Cuchillo, Nikolai, Isabelle, Stans, Mombasa, Hanzo, and Edwin.
-They soon realise they’re prey in a game of cat and mouse and they take off on the run in the jungle. The Predator planet is a game reserve.
-A ‘Black Super Predator’ leads the hunting party of two other Super Predators.
-The characters eventually hook up with an American soldier called Nolan hiding in a cave. They find out that the Predators have been dropping humans into the game preserve for years.
-The script includes a cameo appearance from Arnie.

Thanks to Darkoo for the news.

Garo Predator

Daaaamn this loooks awesome!!!

megachu17

megachu17

Can't wait till next summer    ;D  

FearPeteySodes

The idea of the Predator Planet just didn't sit well with me but this actually sounds promising.  "Black Super Predator" has me a bit weary as well as the obvious ethnically diverse super friends stereotyping that bound to happen with names like those...

Soul

Soul

This sounds gayer than a bukakke with a dude in the center instead of a chick.  What we really need isn't a movie franchise reboot, we need a Fox executives reboot.

Chris P

Chris P

They never said it was Arnie. They "hinted" it might be Arnie. I think they might bring back BILLY. I meanm, think about it. We never saw him die, Arnie screamed that line (in the video) when Billy was "taken". I think it's a cover-hint with a secret behind it. Even though it might make sence for Arnie to show up, I want to be the one who thinks different.    ;)      :D  

Jango1201

Jango1201

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!

RakaiThwei

This definately gives me some hope, but I'm going to reserve some judgement incase they somehow manage to still keep in some elements of the original script such as the slave trade.   At least they got rid of the gladiator idea, the Predator King, and the slave trade. At least I'm HOPING they still got rid of those.   Lets just hope they don't keep the peeing scene from the original draft.   ...But Super Predators? Ha ha ha ha.   ...Why does Super Saiyan come to mind?

cloverfan98

This actually sounds pretty awesome!

Brian c

Brian c

This movie will rock!!!

AncientPred

Really looking forward to it even more now.

Purebreedalien

Hrmm... I'll wait till it arrives for my judgement.

Cetanu

Cetanu

This SOUNDS amazing! AMAZING! Let's hope it's as awesome as it seems to be.

Jackal

Jackal

This doesn't sound nearly as bad as I expected. Like a space version of South China Sea

Xan21

Xan21

This sounds a lot better than I thought, and a black predator sounds great(like a black scorpion)  but how could it be Billy on their game reserve, his spine was ripped out and the rest of him was thrown from a treetop.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed