The Dream Thread

Started by Necrokult, Sep 05, 2010, 08:34:28 AM

Author
The Dream Thread (Read 85,312 times)

Huggs

Huggs

I observed the first person that could survive without a brain. It was being borrowed to add flavor to some soup. I fought an ancient God that transformed into a giant and very ridiculous looking bird. I found myself sucked into the seedy underworld of black market cookies. My hair caught fire while sitting near a truck exhaust (I was working on a spreadsheet of possible ideas for avoiding assassination attempts by the cookie people). I witnessed an awesome display of fireworks, that unknowingly attracted the attention of alien invaders from mars. I commandeered one of their ufo's and flew it up into the sky, where I used it to play The Sims on real cities, because Katherine Hepburn told me to.

Then I was lost in an old house full of VHS tapes known affectionately as "Granny's Dungeon". Then I went outside to celebrate the snowfall only to discover that the miniature black icicles were explosive. I found this out the hard way when someone threw one at me. Later I was walking past a group of people on the sidewalk that were having an impromptu book signing for the novel "Dust Kills". When things finally started to get weird, I bought myself something to drink from the samples lady and rode the lawnmower out of town.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Last night I was dreaming that I was having a walk through a big city (like New York), when on my left I saw a large open space (which are usually destined to parks and things like that). But instead, far into the horizon (background) there were huge dunes , then a large farm and inside the farm a resort with a beach and artificial sea . There was a British young couple approaching the sea to swim, when suddenly a kaboom! was heard...and all the people were screaming and running. It was a f**king geyser making eruption in the middle of the beach, and part of the eruption began to splash on us who were in the normal part of the city, so I had to run too. It was super weird :-\ especially the pastiche/juxtaposition of different landscapes in the middle of the city, like in movie FX.

I think the dream was longer, but that's the part that I remember best, and probably the most entertaining anyway :P

Huggs

Huggs

Dreamed I'd been put under psychiatric observation for an undisclosed reason. The only way to fake and maintain my sanity was to take a dose of vanilla extract. They knew I was faking, and were searching high and low for the bottle, though my efforts to hide it proved successful. I was able to escape, and made it to a seaside village, where an enormous storm wrought havoc, caused millions in damage and that partially sank a large cargo ship in the bay.

I sought comfort in downtown Tokyo. As I allowed myself to be overcome by the powers of the hookah, I turned towards the concubine and marveled at the delicate nature of her fingers. I rolled over to my right to grab a drink of some exotic beverage, then rolled back to continue my examination of the hand. "You know my dear...I was..." Something was wrong. Her fingers are suddenly so fat and hairy. What..the hell...is...

It seems that my cousin, in a most unusual way, had succeeded in tracking me down as I hid from the international authorities. Seeing an opportunity to scar me for life and get a good prank in, he donned a stolen wig and took her place. He was staring at me with that "got ya" look, when in a fit of fury, I assailed him with a flip-flop. Through screams of rage and laughter the message was finally communicated.

"What the hell are you doing here!?"

"We have a quest!"

"Oh no."

The next thing I know, we're in uncharted territory and running from some insane cult people who want to use us for human sacrifices. After several miles, and with the enemy nigh upon us, he took to hiding in a trash receptacle. I tried to hide behind a loose wall panel, but found the owners had been doomsday preppers, and thought it wise to store baby products in the walls. Feeling my death was imminent, I dove beneath a pile of newspaper, garbage bags, and general rubbish in an attempt to render myself invisible.

He told me it wouldn't work. When I asked him what to do, he responded "just use your crazy medicine!". To which I declared, "it's vanilla extract!". I burrowed my way as deep beneath the detritus as possible, and came across a suction cup arrow. The moment was upon us. I could hear them rummaging around. If we were discovered, then I would make such a stand with that arrow that it would be remembered for all time.

I arose slowly from the beneath the garbage, snuck behind the nearest tribe member, and struck with blinding speed and unmitigated fury as he turned. The suction cup arrow stuck fast to his forehead. His eyes stared up at it as he screamed in terror and agony, while I screamed with pure spartan rage. I twisted it, and popped it loose. He fell to the ground weeping and hysterical, clawing at the suction cup mark on his forehead. The others stared on in horror, as the thing from the garbage pile attacked without mercy. Many fell, but I left one to tell the tale.

Many more dreams followed, but that is for another time.

Huggs

Huggs

Dreamed I was taking part in some virtual training program to study the best methods of combating Xenomorphs. I was out on a break when everything just stopped like we'd been hit by an emp or something. I needed to get home, so I made my way through the city to the water. There was an old man there with a very rickety old craft. He helped me cross the sea while he taught me what to do in case I needed to sail alone at some point. I fell asleep. When I woke up he was gone, and the craft was torn to pieces. I barely made it to the shore as the sun was setting and the sharks were tearing what was left of it to bits.

There were no people. It took days to get home. When I finally made it I was so exhausted, I went straight to bed. My old dog hopped into bed with me, even though he's been gone for 6 years. For some reason, I just didn't realize it. I slept for what seemed like days. I woke up in the middle of the night. I walked over to a chair with my tablet and sat down. I was logging into avpgalaxy and was about to reply to one of Rabbit's posts when a drop of water hit my head. As I was drying it with my hand, I looked to my left and Rabbit was sitting in the other chair.

I said, "it's crazy, every time I see a reply on here I..."

And then it hit me.

"This isn't real, is it?"

She gave me a sad smile that told me it wasn't. I looked forward, and the house was completely dilapidated. At some point, I'd lost years. There were holes in the roof, weeds were growing up through the Windows, there was water damage everywhere. I had just been too exhausted to know it. I realized my old dog had been an illusion, then slowly turned to my left, and saw the other chair empty. The tablet in my hands was dark and silent, and the screen was cracked. I sat there for awhile, somewhat catatonic.

Some time later, I heard a noise that jarred me out of it. I stood up and walked outside, and wandering there was a horse. After I earned it's trust and scrounged up some water and food for it, I went back inside and found a change of clothes. My guns were still intact. I holstered my revolver and slung the rifle over my shoulder. I took one last look at home as the Bicameral Mind track from west world started playing from the 1:40 position.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rf35iFeuI0

I slowly made my way back to the horse, climbed on, and rode off into the dark.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

I gotta ask, what did I look like? I know I've never shown you a picture of me. Was it an actual rabbit or a creepy Drake silhouette with a rabbit on his shoulder?

Huggs

Huggs

It was one of those situations where I was aware of your presence and emotions, but cannot recall any physical details. It was more of a feeling than anything else. Although I do remember the color green. A shirt maybe, I don't know. I didn't have much time.

Still, it was good to have you there with me.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 28, 2019, 04:42:12 PM
It was one of those situations where I was aware of your presence and emotions, but cannot recall any physical details. It was more of a feeling than anything else. Although I do remember the color green. A shirt maybe, I don't know. I didn't have much time.

Still, it was good to have you there with me.

I've penetrated your mind.

Huggs

Huggs

If you had stayed longer, I might've made cornbread.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 28, 2019, 04:47:42 PM
If you had stayed longer, I might've made cornbread.

That shocked Hudson drawing is going to show up in your dreams now.

Huggs

Huggs

Oh no.

All things being equal, I much prefer you to Bill Paxton.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 28, 2019, 05:04:39 PM
Oh no.

All things being equal, I much prefer you to Bill Paxton.

I'm not sure if that's sweet or not.

Could be worse. You could be on the run from one of Mark Rolston's characters next.

Huggs

Huggs

Like blueberry muffins, it's a truth that also happens to be sweet.

And Rolston would be running from me, by the way. All of them. A herd of wild Rolston.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

If you could do that, I see no reason why you can't hold the secret to herding cats as well.

The Old One

The Old One

I dreamt I lost my Dog.
But I awoke to him.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 30, 2019, 12:00:44 AM
I dreamt I lost my Dog.
But I awoke to him.

Best outcome.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed