How will the film influence future games? (minor spoilers)

Started by HybridNewborn, Jul 09, 2010, 10:25:00 PM

Author
How will the film influence future games? (minor spoilers) (Read 2,710 times)

HybridNewborn

So the film introduces us to many things, not all of them weapons.

We've got, firstly, a bigger, meaner type of Predator.

We've got variations on the classic weapons; ie : barbed combi-stick, single sword-length arm-blade (that can be fired as a projectile), and the spin-up should cannon.

Next, we've got the Hunting Dogs and the Hunting Bird thing.

We also get to see some Pred traps, though they are just basically net traps and clamp traps.

We also get introduced to a type of armor that masks your heat signature in addition to being able to withstand a low to medium power shoulder cannon shot.

And, I guess, obviously but easily missed, the Predators have Game Planets.

We even get "bases" in the form of those big totems that presumably each group of Predators piles its kills around.

All of these elements could go a long way towards the next Predator or AvP game in the franchise.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Jul 09, 2010, 10:25:00 PM
All of these elements could go a long way towards the next Predator or AvP game in the franchise.

Predators has nothing to do with AvP, so I am not expecting any elements to be seen in an AvP game.

I am not necessarily too sure how the preserve planet concept (stupid concept if you ask me) would even work in a future AvP game by Rebellion when there are worlds that have temples built on them as well.

The ideas don't mesh too well.

-Rakai'Thwei

HybridNewborn

You can't really say that it has nothing to do with AvP when AvP builds off of themes from both the Predator and Alien franchises. Anything that appears in either could be fair game for future AvP projects.

That aside I see no reason you couldn't have different "character classes" in the vein of say TF2, not that it need be that simplified or anything. I just think that adding in a Falconer or Houndsman Predator class would be cool in future AvP games, along with varying up which 'styles' of Pred weaponry and gear are used by the various player classes.

As for the Game Preserve Planet I see no reason that it couldn't be incorporated. I mean, that was pretty much the entire plot of the original AvP comic wasn't it? Human settlers accidentally set up shop on a Pred Preserve Planet and get shafted from all side by Aliens and Preds because of it? Some of the humans happen to kick ass? Sounds like a decent plot to me. Hell, half the people here were clamoring for that script for a film anyway. And as far as the temples are concerned, in the Comics, Games, and Films, there only appear to be temples on Planets where there was a civilization already there to use as hosts, so it's hardly a requirement to have a temple in the game.

Nightlord

A pred only game with this stuff would be cool like imagine assassins creed 2 mixed with concrete jungle without the aliens,the villa would instead be your ship or totem and you get your upgrades there by purchasing them with skulls.(i want to play this game now)

spinksy

Quote from: Nightlord on Jul 09, 2010, 10:44:03 PM
A pred only game with this stuff would be cool like imagine assassins creed 2 mixed with concrete jungle without the aliens,the villa would instead be your ship or totem and you get your upgrades there by purchasing them with skulls.(i want to play this game now)

I've ALWAYS wanted a game like this!

The Shuriken

Yep, that's the kinda game I've been wanting too. ;D

PredalienXenomorph

I don't know about a Predator game but an AvP game has potential if using these concepts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed