What part of the special forces do you think Royce was from ?

Started by Spider One, Jul 03, 2010, 05:02:18 PM

Author
What part of the special forces do you think Royce was from ? (Read 4,872 times)

Dark Jester

Quote from: coolbreeze on Jul 04, 2010, 03:28:24 PM
Quote from: Dark Jester on Jul 04, 2010, 03:13:31 PM

so let me get this straight, GREEN BERRET is the "umbrella" term for Delta, Navy Seal etc?

So all US special forces are classified GREEN BERRET?

No, Delta and SEALs like you mentioned are Special Operations.

Special Forces are Green Berets. The term Green Berets is like a nickname.

I see.

So who is the best? In the UK, the SAS are considered the best out of all Special Forces so are the Green Berret the best.

I believe Rambo was Green Berret; in fact a lot of movie bad-asses are ex-Green Berret. What was Dutch?

chectburster

Spoiler
Black Ops. When Isabelle says "Black Ops" in the trailer, she is talking about Royce
[close]

Dark Jester

Quote from: chectburster on Jul 04, 2010, 06:55:18 PM
Spoiler
Black Ops. When Isabelle says "Black Ops" in the trailer, she is talking about Royce
[close]

Black Ops is not an actual unit like Green Berret,  SAS, Seals etc or am I wrong?

I thought Black Ops was just a classification for undercover hush hush missions that Special forces like SAS, Seals go on; where the best of the best special forces soldier gets selected for the Black Ops mission.

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: Dark Jester on Jul 04, 2010, 06:59:25 PM
Quote from: chectburster on Jul 04, 2010, 06:55:18 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Black Ops is not an actual unit like Green Berret,  SAS, Seals etc or am I wrong?

I thought Black Ops was just a classification for undercover hush hush missions that Special forces like SAS, Seals go on; where the best of the best special forces soldier gets selected for the Black Ops mission.

"Black Ops" are carried out by the CIA's Special Activities Division (SAD). Special Ops Group (SOG) would be responsible for the paramilitary aspect of SAD missions. The SOG is usually known for recruiting Green Berets for their SAD missions.

As for the "best", well a lot of it is opinion based. It also comes down to the parameters of the mission and what team specializes in what.

That being said, CAG/Delta and Devgru are known as the Tier 1 special operations groups in the US.

Special Forces (Green Berets) are probably best known for unconventional warfare and foreign internal defense.

Spider One

Spider One

Dutch was with the 101 airborne or Delta if i am not mistaken according to the book and scripts/movie (the picture on the lighter that Dillon was showing off and Blain/Mac shared), though he could have been a Green Beret as well. BUT him and his unit were an elite Special Ops Army unit in ALL of the scripts. Anti-Terrorism & Rescue was their specialty in the 3 different versions of Predator aka Hunter & the movie tie in book that I have read. Jim Hopper/ J.S. Davis, the Green Beret that was killed was his closest friend. They had went through boot camp and such together.

Noir-Gojira

Judging by his flaming, sweaty shirtless scene, I'd say Royce was in the Navy.

Aran

Quote from: Dark Jester on Jul 04, 2010, 06:14:30 PM

so let me get this straight, GREEN BERRET is the "umbrella" term for Delta, Navy Seal etc?

I see.

So who is the best? In the UK, the SAS are considered the best out of all Special Forces so are the Green Berret the best.
I believe Rambo was Green Berret; in fact a lot of movie bad-asses are ex-Green Berret. What was Dutch?

No my good friend. SAS is  the best special ops unit in the world but in the States that title belongs to Delta Force.

Green Beret are 'Tier 2' operators and I believe Dutch & co were Green Beret.

Vulhala

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on Jul 05, 2010, 04:07:39 AM
Judging by his flaming, sweaty shirtless scene, I'd say Royce was in the Navy.

Quoted. For. Truth.

coolbreeze

Quote from: Aran on Jul 05, 2010, 03:43:07 PM

I see.

No my good friend. SAS is  the best special ops unit in the world but in the States that title belongs to Delta Force.

Not trying to be rude but that's debatable. You will never find concrete evidence to say that the SAS are the best in the world. I'm not saying that they aren't one of the best because they are a top unit and pioneers of the trade.

In the end what it comes down to is opinions, and mission parameters. I'm sure that there are things they do that they are the best at, but I'm also sure that there are other spec ops units that do some things better.

There will always be someone who says "country x spec ops is better then country y spec ops, this unit is better than that unit, this unit is the best" and so on. When it comes to spec ops these kind of debates are a never ending cycle.

Aran

Quote from: coolbreeze on Jul 05, 2010, 05:17:01 PM
Quote from: Aran on Jul 05, 2010, 03:43:07 PM

I see.

Not trying to be rude but that's debatable. You will never find concrete evidence to say that the SAS are the best in the world. I'm not saying that they aren't one of the best because they are a top unit and pioneers of the trade.

In the end what it comes down to is opinions, and mission parameters. I'm sure that there are things they do that they are the best at, but I'm also sure that there are other spec ops units that do some things better.

There will always be someone who says "country x spec ops is better then country y spec ops, this unit is better than that unit, this unit is the best" and so on. When it comes to spec ops these kind of debates are a never ending cycle.

agreed & point taken

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed