Killing women

Started by Billiken, Jun 26, 2010, 04:19:23 AM

Author
Killing women (Read 11,606 times)

SiL

SiL

The old ladies have guns, he grabs them, they scream. Pretty sure we see old ladies hanging up; if not, the police make zero mention of any survivors of the slaughter.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I personally believe that women are just as eligible to be hunted as men however they have to be armed and dangerous in order to be killed.

But if they are pregnant, they are spared.

-Rakai'Thwei

The PredBen

The PredBen

Women being spared from death in films just furthers the idea that they aren't able to handle themselves.

A woman being shot should be seen as the same as a man being shot. Otherwise its not equal treatment.

I think that Predators would kill women. If a woman is armed and is a better challenge then a man thats armed the Pred would kill her.

Billiken

Billiken

It looks as if I was wrong. Maybe I just like the thought that he spared women. I don't know why I like that idea. I just thought that there was something cool in him just killing soldiers, druggos and cops. I'm kinda disappointed if he killed old women. How much of a threat can an old fart and a gun be

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Quote from: Billiken on Jun 27, 2010, 05:49:21 AM
I just thought that there was something cool in him just killing soldiers, druggos and cops.

Because we all know women couldn't possibly be any of those three... How would they find the time to cook dinner as well?

The PredBen

The PredBen

Good point.

Women can easily be druggos , cops or soldiers.

On top of that your saying he should kill a male civilian over a female soldier?

freddy616

freddy616

Quote from: spider_one on Jun 26, 2010, 05:12:42 PM
In the comics and a few of the books they kill women on occasion, but these women are martial artists so they also consider unarmed combatants a worthy foe..
Yeah but there's was one that i never got. In the first AvP comic they kill this mom and even try to kil the kid ???

Spider One

Spider One

those are the renegade students..

The Captain

The Captain

Doesn't really bother me if Pred kills women or not.

Spider One

Spider One

lets see them young whippersnappers try something now..

2to1

2to1

Quote from: Spider One on Jun 26, 2010, 05:12:42 PM
In the comics and a few of the books they kill women on occasion, but these women are martial artists so they also consider unarmed combatants a worthy foe..

I remember in Predator: Race War one of them made a trophy of a woman who was defending herself aganist an attacker and that Pred saw something to be added as a trophy, we see her body later sans head and spine at the scene of the crime. She was a friend of one of the cops on the trail of the Predator.

The same thing happened in AvP Xenogenesis when one female solider was being held by the neck by the main Predator and a few panels later showed he saw her as a trophy, we saw him with her skull without the skin.

In Predator 2, he was going to kill Leona until he saw the baby inside of her.

Speaking of that, when we are ever going to see some female Predators do some hunting either in comics or the movies? One hasn't been done since Big Momma in Deadliest of the Species (That was the weirdest comic I've read). I have read the posts about them and I'm all for them, just don't make them look like swimsuit models more like warriors.

Federick Gonsa

Federick Gonsa

The Necronoir, I guess you are right about my comment in page 1. But What I meant was that some movies have gore that is only there for entertaintment purposes like AVPR. The Alien movies have the aliens as non sapien beings that have a natural need to breed and their breeding method happens to be bloody. I can tolerate that gore because it has a reason. The predators are sapien creatures that kill for sport or thrill. That is no different than most serial killers, who consider themselves hunters. The predator can choose not to kill a human (man or woman), but it does anyway. An alien cannot, because it is just following its basic natural instinct essential for breeding. That being said, the gore in predator, although essential for the story purpuses, it does not have to push the boundaries. Now if I were to see a predator kill a woman for sport in the same manner Dillon was killed, That is way too gory for my sensitivities. That scene will get stuck in my head because the sapient predator CHOSE to be gory. That woman could be my sister, aunt, mother, or wife. That alone would make the predator unlikable for me. That being said I could tolerate it if it were a scene like Billy's death or poncho's in which there was not much blood. I may appear too sensitive, but consider that I was offended by Grand Theft Auto games once I became old enough. IF that is Sexist or Mysginist or whatever then so be it.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Maybe just like humans males predators have preferences, wait what was the question again?

Puks

Puks

Quote from: Federick Gonsa on Jun 28, 2010, 07:13:14 AM
The Necronoir, I guess you are right about my comment in page 1. But What I meant was that some movies have gore that is only there for entertaintment purposes like AVPR. The Alien movies have the aliens as non sapien beings that have a natural need to breed and their breeding method happens to be bloody. I can tolerate that gore because it has a reason. The predators are sapien creatures that kill for sport or thrill. That is no different than most serial killers, who consider themselves hunters. The predator can choose not to kill a human (man or woman), but it does anyway. An alien cannot, because it is just following its basic natural instinct essential for breeding. That being said, the gore in predator, although essential for the story purpuses, it does not have to push the boundaries. Now if I were to see a predator kill a woman for sport in the same manner Dillon was killed, That is way too gory for my sensitivities. That scene will get stuck in my head because the sapient predator CHOSE to be gory. That woman could be my sister, aunt, mother, or wife. That alone would make the predator unlikable for me. That being said I could tolerate it if it were a scene like Billy's death or poncho's in which there was not much blood. I may appear too sensitive, but consider that I was offended by Grand Theft Auto games once I became old enough. IF that is Sexist or Mysginist or whatever then so be it.

Yes, that qualifies as sexist.

Federick Gonsa

Federick Gonsa

Then I guess I am sexist.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed