Class Weapons
52 (25.2%)
Overrun Mode
18 (8.7%)
Alien Life Cycle
99 (48.1%)
Queen Molting Kills
41 (19.9%)
More Maps ( im talking darker collony based maps like those from Aliens with the Darkness, Rain, Steam, Alarms, and Steal Elivator doors
149 (72.3%)
More Weapons
99 (48.1%)
Aliens Species ( not to be confused with skins)
68 (33%)
EVAC and OVERRUN
75 (36.4%)
Other ( if you would like me to add another poll option please let me know in this post and ill be more than happy to add it.
13 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 206

Author
What AVP NEEDS brought Back (Read 17,717 times)

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: Huol on Feb 20, 2010, 11:12:41 AM
Life cycle would be a fun optional thing for infestation mode.

Would make more sense, too.

KaXaSA

KaXaSA

EVAC
Alien Life Cycle
Queen Molting Kills
More Maps

Other:
QuoteAlien: Being able to jump while wall-crawling and sticking to whatever surface without aiming
this

and

SDK
::)

Lone Warrior

Lone Warrior

1. Add The Dedicated Servers that's just obvious They're being implemented.

2. Add MULTIPLAYER GAME SETTING OPTIONS like that of AVP2 that can be toggled based on the server or host ( AvP2 should have been their ♥♥♥♥ing template for their multiplayer ) I don't agree with AvP2's MP being the template, but I do agree it should have been styled like it.

A. Marines and Preds Class weapons set based on the skin chosen I.E - Claw Preds can start our with a Plasma Caster or a Marine class that starts out with Smart gun, but have LIMITS to each class so like a whole marine team doesnt go Smart gun or whole team of preds go disc. Totally agree here.

B. Friendly fire ON or OFF option, seriously I've been sprayed down by so many of my ♥♥♥♥ing marine teamates because they wouldn't have thought FF was ON Agreed.

C. QUEEN MOLTING KILLS on or off and set the number of kills to allow the queen morph, seriously how the ♥♥♥♥ are you going to have a AvP game and not reward an Alien who can get X Amount of kills now allow them to be a Queen? No. For the love of all that is good about this game no. I do NOT want to see Queens running around on maps that do not suit them. Did you even take a look at the current maps before saying this? And compare the Queens size?.

E. ALIEN LIFE CYCLE on or off, seriously it was ♥♥♥♥ing fun to spawn as a facehugger, find a marine or pred host and be born a chest burster and hide untill you became a drone. Agreed. But it needs AJL's version of it, invincible chestburster until it leaves the body.

F. Standard commands to allow dedicated server admins to change those options on the fly along with time limit, frag limit etc. Agreed.

G. EXOSUITS on or off and how many alowed per match. Seriously? Your going to have an aliens game and NOT have a Power loader? APC? Dropship? Or EXOSUIT in this mode?!?! And please seriously put back the Lasers, Minigun, Flame Thrower, AND Rockets into the suit. No bloody exosuits. I hate those goddamn things. It was like having a highly agile tank that took about 5 aliens to take down without him jump and rocket spamming all of you to death. Maybe on some maps with a huge tone-down. Slow speed, and no bunny jumping.

3. ADD EVAC, BRING BACK THAT GAME MODE, all you true AvP fans know what im talking about, where the marines spawn at Point A and Need to get to Point B and only have 1 life while the aliens or whoever the defending race has 2 or 3 lives. I cried when Evac mode wasnt brought back, that really was my childhood. Absolutely. EVAC was lots of fun and deserves a re-make. Rebellion if you are reading this, and exact re-make please.

B. And when Evac is added make sure there are Special Map triggers that the Evacing race has to follow in order to call in the Dropship or APC. And the Evac specific maps should be LONG and DARK and give you a sence of HOLY ♥♥♥♥ IM ♥♥♥♥ED IF I DONT MAKE IT!!! Besides the cursing, I agree with this part aswell.

4. ADD OVERRUN , BRING BACK THAT GAME MODE TOO, Overrun was basicly Attcker Race had 2 lives and Defender Race had 1 life and was played in rounds. Attackers spawned at Point A and Defenders at Point B, which ever team was left alive or if time ran out and Defenders were left alive then roudnd would end, the host set the number of rounds. Overrun needs more than that. Incorporate your base idea into it with Sentry Guns. The map sUk_stronghold is a great example of an Overrun map. The Overrun gametype should be somewhat built around that. As Rebellion doesn't have the time to go buy AvP2 and play sUk_stronghold and other maps like it, I'll list the most common features. 1: Doors that can be activated. 2: Lots of vents and hidey places. 3: Power Generators you can destroy. 4: Sentry Guns. 5: A Fall-back point. The level C-Block seems like the above maps mentioned.

5. MORE REAL MAPS BASED OFF OF THE ALIEN SERIES!!! ( and a few GOOD jungle maps for Predator like in the Predator movie), seriously wtf?? AvP has 6 ♥♥♥♥in maps and 5 of them are Jungle/Temple maps??? Where is my god damn Coloney Map??? The Darkness and Rain? Steam ? Alarms? Steal Shut Elevators? EVERYTHING that made Aliens is not even there in this game!!! So Rebelion ♥♥♥♥ing fix it or give us modding tools and WE WILL. Exactly.

6. ADD MORE WEAPONS!!! Seriously the Marines have a grand total of 6 weapons ... The Pistol, Shogun, Pulse Rifle, Flame Thrower ( That doesnt even ♥♥♥♥ing work ) Smart Gun, and a very ♥♥♥♥ty Sniper Rifle. Where are my damn EMP Granades that stun Preds and Aliens??? Wheres the Minigun?!?! WHERE ARE THE SENTURY TURRETS?!?! Why couldnt you make something more inivative like being able to mount the flame thrower onto the pulse rifle??? Or diffrent grenade types for the pulse rifle??? Why couldnt you have given marines a Machede or a Knife so if they block and counter with one equied they can stab someone out??? And seriously Preds dont even have their net gun!!! or plasma pistol!!! not like they need them tho because you ♥♥♥♥ed up balancing the pred disc but WHERES THE PRED SELF DESTRUCT!?!? Preds have Wrist Blade, Combie Stick, Plasma Caster, Remote Bomb, Disc, and thier Leap if you wanna consider that a weapon ( which has a BS stun that needs to be taken out) 6 weapons, ♥♥♥♥ man aliens have 6 diffrent weapons too 666 the ♥♥♥♥ing devil made this ♥♥♥♥ing game. No bloody plasma pistol. That thing was 'the' most ridiculous spam fest weapon I have EVER had the mis-fortune of having seen in a game. The idea is solid. But it's implementation was horrible. It needs to be a one shot, small AoE stun gun that has to reload after it is fired. A Knife for the marine seems only useful if the Pred net gun is included imo. The Pred's self-destruct should give the Predator player no points for killing enemies with it, and only act as a final "F you" in the face to opponents. And it should only be capable of being activated when near/at death. On addition to this man/child's point I'd like to say the Combi Stick should also have the ability to be used as a melee weapon.

7. ADD ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ AMMO BOXES FOR PREDS AND MARINES, IDFC if a gun is laying around but if I wanna get ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ammo for a sniper rifle or smart gun i gotta ♥♥♥♥ing find one and run over it to get it!!! WTF??? Just put a damn AMMO Box at set points or generate them at random points, I dont wanna play ♥♥♥♥ing Ring around the Rosie because I cant find ♥♥♥♥ing ammo!! Ammo boxes sound like a good idea, have them hold different types of ammo maybe?

8. ADD DIFFRENT CLASSES FOR EACH RACE and that includes the Aliens!!! Wheres the Runner?!?!? * see 1. Section A* Also these classes ARE NOT to be confused with Skins. Classes, in my opinion, should be brought back. But they need to be thought out. As you said in a previous paragraph only a certain number of people should be allowed to choose a class (This can be edited in Dedi Server options maybe?). Each class has a heavy weapons class, a scout class, a soldier class and some sort of Generic Heavy class. (Praetorian for Aliens, Elite Pred for Preds, and a support guy for Marines.) Basically what you said below.

A. Marines should have a heavy weapons class, sniper class, assault class, and a support gunner class and IF the gamemode for class weapons is on the SPAWN with thier class defaults and can ONLY USE THOSE WEAPONS. So a Heavy Weapons Marines starts off with a smartgun and pistol, a sniper starts off with a sniper rifle and shotgun etc. Agreed.

B. Preds should have thier classes like Claw Pred is specifically Melee and spawns the spear. Hunter spawns with the caster. etc. It may need further elaboration than that.

C. Aliens need DIFFRENT SPEICIES, Im so tired of the same damn drone, Why cant there be a Runner Alien that has like unlimited sprint but can die easier? And WTF the Pretorian should be like a ♥♥♥♥ing tank not a DRONE SKIN .... Couldnt they have made a Acid Spitter Alien??? or even a Flying Alien? Let alone there should be a Queen alien if an alien can manage a pretty high kill streak. The Alien species is what ♥♥♥♥in seprated AVP2 From the rest of them because each alien required a diffrent stratagy to kill! like pretorians you needed to use PIRECING Ammo to kill. The Runner with infinite sprint sounds like a bad idea. The Praetorain 'mini-tank' would need proper balancing. The Acid-spitting alien doesn't sound like a bad idea. A Flying Alien, wtf. Queen Alien, no. For reasons I mentioned above.

9. AMMO TYPES FOR MARINES, Seriously Id rather having my Piercing Pistol Rounds over Burst fire any day or my ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Shotgun Slug Rounds... Imagine Shotgun Slugs with DB omg... Or a Rocket launcher with Tracking or Normal rockets? BUT HOLY ♥♥♥♥!!! ALL THESE IDEAS WERE IN A GAME FROM 10 YEARS AGO!!! I'd say the SADAR needs a come-back, but only if heavy Aliens/Preds were included. The different types of ammo idea is a good idea though.

10. Fix the way Aliens wall walk, it ♥♥♥♥ing blows, make it so when you hold down shift the aliens climb surfaces and the second you let go of shift you drop down, its not the ♥♥♥♥ing complicated. The wall-walk is my primary concern, but in the game, it doesn't seem too bad when you just turn Auto-Transition to on. However, I think things may have been much easier if a key was just used to turn wall-walk on/off.

11. BRING BACK ALIEN HEADBITE and make the Alien need to " Consume" Marines or Predators to get thier HP back, the Headbite fatalities should restore their HP. The Alien Headbite was in the campaign, it should have been implemented in MP for headbiting dead bodies for health.

12. Fix Predator and Alien pounce. Seriously the whole Combat system in AvP in this game is complete BS, Aliens should be able to push E to launch themselves to pounce, same with pred but they should NOT be alowed to keep people stunned. Calling the combat system BS is a bit-far gone. The melee system, granted, has its flaws. But those can be fixed. The pounce idea sounds good. But the Preds should be kept un-stunable if included. If classes are included the Heavy Class should be kept un-stunable. But still do the same amount of damage against them.

13. Fix Alien Tailwhip, seriously it shouldnt do that much damage if it knocks back your weapon for that long, either get rid of the knock back or get rid of the stun. Haven't had the tailwhip used against me so I wouldn't know.

14. Fix Heavy attacks, they are just so broken, also if an alien or pred is getting ready for one, alow the marine Melee to ♥♥♥♥ing knock them back. Heavy attacks = counterable with light attack. For ALL races.

15. ADD a Queen Hunt Mode, basicly a mode where marines hunt down a NPC or Human Controled Queen and the Aliens have to defend her for X amount of time or kill all the marines, each marine should have like 2 lives or so and Aliens 1 or 2. Basically the same as Overrun mode except you have an Objective to defend.

16. ADD a defend the base for marines where they get sentry turrets at spawn and aliens can claw off power and etc and overrun the marines. Already commented above in the Overrun section.

17. Balance the Classes and Races, that goes without saying. Agreed.

18. Fix the damn Mic Problems and in modes when you have lives make sure the dead cant comunicate with the living. Agreed. The people who are dead should only be able to communicate with each other.

19. Fix the game imbalances such as cheap stuns with Tails and Pred leaps. Already commented on this above.

Answers/Replies/Thoughts in bolditalic.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

More weapons as DLC if anything. AVP3 Feels a step back than it does a step forwards.

===Marines===
Knife
Duel pistols!
Grendade launcher with three different fire modes.
Rocket launcher
Sentry Gun
Laser rifle
Single bareled Shotgun
Smartguns original sound back
===Predators===
Plasma Pistoll
Combo Stick(Melee version)
Netgun
Duel Plasma casters (Uses x2 as much Energy but can attack two different targets, or the same one)
Predator whip
Predator neck rope
Laser Mines
===Maps===
All of most of the Original AVP/AVP2 Maps

Dowly

Dowly

EVAC, life cycle, more maps (especially a remake of the Bunker for survivor would be awesome) and more skins.

Darkenmal

Darkenmal

If you actually cried when they didn't have Evac mode TC, you really need to get a life.

Lil Theo

Lil Theo

1.) Additional skins. I want my helmet'd Marine!

2.) Net gun. This would be so legit. Not a kill though, but it would take off like half of the Alien's health, and two bars of the Marine's health and you have to mash X, E, or Square to get out of it before you get speared / caster'd, disc'd, or trophy killed.

3.) Additional maps -- they need to be dank and dark. We have plenty of Jungle maps. We need a map inside some sewers, or maybe a night map even.

richer

richer

The first post here is funny " please re release avp 2 with better graphics... thanks!"  :P

That being said, more maps and game modes would be sweet. The queen would be cool but only in like life cycle mode. I would love to see evac mode, would be super fun.

Most importantly though, more maps!!!

firefly101

firefly101

I voted pretty much like everyone else, but 2 things I would like to see added.

1. SDK tools for modding
2. Bots, the ability to add them in a game.

More maps based off the movies BIG maps too not little ones
Alien and Marine Classes
Lifecycle Monolith got that one right!
More marine variety with HELMETS! Help Gameboy Thantos Encounter has more variety in characters. lol
Sentry Turrent Placement

And I would love to see AVP2 released with the AVP engine here, I think it would show how really good AVP2 was in SP story. But a mod will probably have to be made for that to happen. Still all the Voice is there.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

To be honest, life cycle was interesting but ultimately shit as a game mode.

1.  Hug someone for a free kill
2.  Their team mates are camping the corpse
3.  Die as soon as you burst
4.  Respawn and hug someone for another free kill

Queens and exo suits in multiplayer were probably 2 of the worst ideas that AvP2 ever had, and let me tell you AvP 2 had A LOT of bad ideas.

What I will agree on is that Multiplayer needs more modes like EVAC, and just objective based multiplayer in general.  Outside of Hunt and Infestation, the multiplayer gameplay is extremely basic and doesn't do the franchise any justice.

Sifer2

Sifer2

Quote from: richer on Feb 20, 2010, 03:40:52 PM
The first post here is funny " please re release avp 2 with better graphics... thanks!"  :P

That being said, more maps and game modes would be sweet. The queen would be cool but only in like life cycle mode. I would love to see evac mode, would be super fun.

Most importantly though, more maps!!!

Maybe he wouldn't have to ask for AvP2 with better graphics if Rebellions new game was really better would he? Face it Rebellion kind of phoned this one in. That's is what happens when you make a sequel that doesn't live up to its predecessors you get people asking for stuff back. An don't defend them saying they wanted to do something new an different since beyond Predators leaping into trees I don't see anything new an different lol. Oh wait yeah they added press E to gank someone wow. That's totally worth doing without Evac, Overrun, Class's, Lifecycle, loads of weapons an more that will only depress me to remember.

Sifer2

Sifer2

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Feb 20, 2010, 06:58:22 PM
To be honest, life cycle was interesting but ultimately shit as a game mode.

1.  Hug someone for a free kill
2.  Their team mates are camping the corpse
3.  Die as soon as you burst
4.  Respawn and hug someone for another free kill

Queens and exo suits in multiplayer were probably 2 of the worst ideas that AvP2 ever had, and let me tell you AvP 2 had A LOT of bad ideas.

What I will agree on is that Multiplayer needs more modes like EVAC, and just objective based multiplayer in general.  Outside of Hunt and Infestation, the multiplayer gameplay is extremely basic and doesn't do the franchise any justice.

It was hardly a free kill seeing as Huggers could die quite easily. If they brought it back I could see them doing it as like a playable class. An unless the target was in lower health they would grab it like in the singler player. But it would open them up to attack by other Aliens while they were fighting with it. If the grab was successful then you could either choose to respawn as another Hugger or risk Chestbursting where if you survived you would become an Alien with maybe a health bonus.

lonewolfaem

lonewolfaem

Im so glad everyone is responding to this. Ill address this though. Queens should be TOGGLEABLE as an OPTION not perminent cuz ill admit I got feed up with queens unless i had my Sniper class to EMP them and Raid snipe them xD. Exo suits i just threw at for fun but i honestly hated them.

Ok before i start, the options I listed as far as alien speices, class weapons, queens, lifecycle, exo, etc THEY ARE TOGGLEABLE BY THE SERVER! So if you dont like it you can turn it off, that simple.

BUT I WANT EVAC AND OVERRUN BACK THE MOST!!! I cannot emphasize how amazing those game modes were, I played AvP for the feeling of desperation when Aliens are out to hunt you down and your only hope is to stand on the dropship for 10 seconds to win while they swam you.

I started to play more Overrun when the Alpha Evac servers started to go down because of lack of admins =P but Overrun is just as awsome as Evac and like someone said it would be SOOO simple to include into AVP.

What I really didnt get is why they took out class weapons and alien species, It honestly makes the game very BLAND, its like playing Street Fighter 4 and everyone picks Ken -.- I'd like some verity please.

Alien life cycle was really fun the only problem i had is when people would camp you right after you face hugged someone so they should put imunity in there.

Next off, why the f**k would u want more skins? They do NOTHING, I dont know about you but I get really bored killing the same only Pred type and Alien type over and over and over just to rack up frags ... Id rather have some stratagy against diffrent alien types or preds, cuz im really getting bored of pusle rifleing aliens and preds to death and when they heavy attack I melee them to death or if they light attack i counter and kill, it really gets boaring.

Think of it this way, without Evac or Overrun game modes your most likely going to get sick of running in circles getting frags and ranking up, hey guess what, when ur done ranking up then what??? Oh cool u got some skins to look flashy to kill the same Aliens and Predators and Marines OVER and OVER and OVER again...

Wouldnt you rather be givin a game mode option that REWARDS you for staying alive??? Imagine playing Evac or Overrun and not dieing a single round, Imagine the kill streaks you will have, also not to mention your not going to get spawn ganked or completely gang banged off the start, you get to work as a team!!! Not Team that just doesnt spawn at random parts of the map and they dont give a shit about you, But a team that you NEED to work together with in order to surive.

Anyone remember playing Evac in maps such as VERLOCK??? FURRY 151???  AURIGA??? ALLEY?!?!?!!! Esp Alley when you had to go into the Alien hive and call in the dropship from a dead marines radieo. Remember the way you could activate doors??? and the secret pannels??? I loved when the aliens were about to swarm in on us and we closed the steal doors so they had to go around the other way.

Many of you are gonna say " OHH BUT THIERS SURVIOR MODE!!!" but honestly that gets seriously old, esp when the motion tracks now SHOW where the bugs are -.- , Id rather have my switches and radioes to call in the dropship to evac and have hordes of bugs try and stop my team, or on the flip side bring utter doom to marines but not letting them escape.

As for Overrun its insanely fun when Aliens get 2 lives and marines get 1, I remember countless hours playing Quarantine, Compound, and Leadworks, I played those three maps for over 5 years and it NEVER got old. I LOVED when Id be the last marine left and I had to kill 3 aliens awhile people watched like ZOMFG!!! DONT DIE!! OMG!!!

Alot of people dont like the fact of having limited lives in Overrun or Evac, if you want to cry about that go play TDM or DM where u just run around aimlessly and kill anything you see, I love AvP but DM and TDM really are starting to bore me, ESP when the current maps BLOW!!!

Speaking of Maps, what happend to the Alien and Predator universe based maps? Oh we got ENOUGH juggles and Ruins, can we have Collonies? Space Freights??? LV-426 type maps??? Seriously it was in the freaking Demo movies of LV-426 type envinorments when the marine would epicly hold off aliens and run, WHERE IS THAT MAP?!?!?! Reffinery is the ONLY good map this game has!! And Temple??? Please that map is a joke.

And also WHY dont any of the maps have ANY interaction??? Like why cant marines open and shut doors??? That one jungle map with the buildings would be 3247293874 times more awsome if the marines could get in and out the buildings and lock themsleves in, and the only other way in is through the vents, i want my interative enviornments back.

Next off Class weapons, why it was taken out i have not a clue, and dont start with this THIS IS BASED OFF AVP1!!! AvP2 took so much crap from AvP1 so AvP3 should have taken from BOTH. Im tired of having to memoerise spawn locations for the shotgun or smart gun or sniper rifle, it would be alot better if you could just SPAWN with one of them and only be able to equip one of them and not be able to pick any other weapons up. BTW before u say OH I DONT WANT THIS, this option is OBVIOUSLY toggleable along with alot of my other suggestions.

Also when dedicated servers come out, Id LOVE to see the ability that if a certain sever has a certain mod on it, just say they dont realise any of my ideas as DLC and its pure mod, u should be able to connect to the server and while connecting download the Mod, alot like how its done in Counter Strike Source.

It was really disappointing thing to me that the closest thing I had to evac in next gen was a CSS map called Space Station with the Zombie mod where all the Zombies were the alien drones and you had to get out of the station much like in the movie. The really sad part is that this stand alone 1 person made map and mod was alot more fun than what a team of people came up with for AvP multiplayer!

Ok im not saying the AvP multiplayer is godawful and not fun to play at all, its just really repetative, I really want my EVAC mode back and Overrun and some veritity in classes. I could give 2 shits about skins, those people rather asking for skins over Maps, Classes, Evac, Overrun and more options ARE NOT the true AvP fans, they are just a bunch of band waggon Halo or MW2 junkies who wanna f**k off in another FPS. And yea Ive played AvP since before Halo, while everyone was talking about how god amazing halo was I was sitting there like -.- AvP2 is about 10000000000000 times better. And those of u AvP Halo Fans or MW2 fans DONT take that personaly, I played MW2 for a time and I really just got tired of the same old run around take this point, kill this guy, get raped by cheap killstreaks, etc. There was NO sence of desperation, fear, or survival unless u played the one mode where u only get 1 life and no respawn.

BACK to AvP, Bottom line, EVAC and OVERRUN need to be brought Back

AvP NEEDS!!!!!!! DEDICATED SERVERS ASAP and console lines for hosts so they can kick people and toggle options on the fly.

TOGGLE MULTIPLIER OPTIONS FOR DEDICATED SERVERS, these options include:

All Modes-

Class Weapons
Class Weapons set limits : I.E no more than 2 smart gunners or pred discs etc.
Alien Lifecycle
Alien Species ( I:E Runners have less HP but run alot faster, Drones are blanced all around, Pretorians more HP but slower, Alien spitters )
Queens Molting kills number
Exos ( most likely off most the time =P )
Friendly Fire

Evac and Overrun modes ( in addition to the options above )-

Number or Rounds
Time Limit

Evac race/ evac counter race speices
Evac race lives
Counter Evac race lives

Attack Race / Defender Race species
Attack Race lives
Defender Race lives

New things to be added-

More weapons for preds and marines
Ammo Boxes for Preds and Marines

More MAPS that are BASED off the Alien series along with Predator series ( im talking comics and novels)
INTERACTIVE MAPS, like being able to open and shut doors as a marine or pred
Maps that have Steam, Darkness, Rain, Alarms, Steel Elivators, Alien creep tunnels

Balances the classes out more

Fix Mic bugs and game bugs

Give aliens Headbite in multiplayer and a FIXED punce instead of in focus mode

Take out the Stuns in the heavy attacks for the preds and aliens, OR lower the damage

anyone else got anything please add onto it, i really hope rebellion reads this

lonewolfaem

lonewolfaem

before i forget, marines should have their night vision back

Centipede_

Centipede_

AVP needs:

more people playing ranked matches.

a freaking round system so you can play more rounds in matches instead of one in ranked matches. SOme system similar to Call of Duty, where the host stays the host and the map just changes after each round or a number of rounds. so we can keep playing without having to search search search... search...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed