Gameplay Bugs/Issues

Started by ikarop, Feb 16, 2010, 05:55:09 PM

Author
Gameplay Bugs/Issues (Read 132,093 times)

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Predator_Dylan on Nov 30, 2010, 01:19:45 AM
Well. My game setting are all of the default type. How do I check that it is patched to the current update and how do I find my machine specs?
Like undel said, your hardware is not powerful enough to run the game at default.  Pause and go to options, then video and lower the settings until it's playable.

Predator_Dylan

Predator_Dylan

Very interesting. I guess the problem lies within my graphics card. Thanks guys.

alanwu1233

alanwu1233

Quote from: alanwu1233 on Nov 24, 2010, 03:56:58 PM
I tried any way as I can
1. I re-install AVP directX
2. I re-install my AVP
3. I deleted all my mods that I used in AVP

but none of them help the problem

I am trying to update my graphic driver and sound driver

maybe this is the last chance

any help here?
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 245 Processor 2.90GHz
Display card: ATI Radeon HD 4650

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: alanwu1233 on Nov 24, 2010, 03:55:59 PM
my AVP crashed with no reason, whatever I am playing SP or MP
the menu is fine (coz I can still use function in menu) but when I click to join a game or select a story chapter to play
it turns black screen and crash, then back to my desktop and there is a new text file called "AVP2010crashedxxx_xxx" in my folder
help me please!!!!!!!!
I'm assuming nothing in your lst files are conflicting with the game, and that vista isn't having compatibility issues either. Have you tried lower the game settings, scanning hard drive for errors, playing other equally demanding games, monitoring the temperature of your graphics card etc?

alanwu1233

alanwu1233

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Dec 02, 2010, 02:27:15 AM
Quote from: alanwu1233 on Nov 24, 2010, 03:55:59 PM
my AVP crashed with no reason, whatever I am playing SP or MP
the menu is fine (coz I can still use function in menu) but when I click to join a game or select a story chapter to play
it turns black screen and crash, then back to my desktop and there is a new text file called "AVP2010crashedxxx_xxx" in my folder
help me please!!!!!!!!
I'm assuming nothing in your lst files are conflicting with the game, and that vista isn't having compatibility issues either. Have you tried lower the game settings, scanning hard drive for errors, playing other equally demanding games, monitoring the temperature of your graphics card etc?

I run other games smoothly in my computer

alanwu1233

alanwu1233

Exception Handler (Aug  6 2010, 09:15:48)

Callstack:
SymFromAddr returned error : 487

Exception: Access Violation (00A0DC50)

Memory:
   Heap(0): C 288524 / 288524  W 4194303 / 4194303
   Heap(1): C 1040 / 1040  W 4194303 / 4194303
   Heap(2): C 77 / 77  W 4194303 / 4194303

something like that is written in the text

Undel

Undel

Try updating your sound card drivers. If that doesn't work then try with the audio sampling rate.

Valheru

Valheru

Actually I think the biggest gameplay bug I have found so far for me is the LAG!! It's really odd, I'll play Counter Strike Source through Steam and join a game advertised with a ping of 30 and get an ingame ping of 30....if I join an AVP game advertised as 50 ping, I'll get between 110 and 150-170 ingame most of the time with occasional random spikes to 500+...what the hell!!??

Anyone got an answer for this? Just dodgy inefficient netcode? I don't experience these inaccurate ping advertisements or lag spikes in any other game. Makes for some very frustrating matches sometimes in AVP.

Cheers,

Valheru

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Maybe the AVP servers are further away from you then the ones in Counter Strike..  :P

Valheru

Valheru

Quote from: AcidGlow on Dec 03, 2010, 07:11:33 PM
Maybe the AVP servers are further away from you then the ones in Counter Strike..  :P

Mate...read my post correctly ::)

Server list in CSS shows a game with 30 ping...I join it and get 30 ping in game.

Server list in AVP shows a game with 50 ping...I join it and get 150 ping in game as well as really bad lag spikes.

Got an answer for that? :P

Cheers,

Valheru

Uuyrio

Uuyrio

I have a friend who has been having problems (On PC) running aliens vs predator ever since he's got it, but more recently he hasn't been able to play it.

He has never been able to see the server list for some reason in game, and rarely used to see any servers through steam. They would only show up every now and then, he usually had to join through someone but could play the game just fine.

He currently now sees no servers on steam as well as in game and it hangs/freezes at joining a multiplayer lobby/game effectively locking up his computer but still able to talk on a program like ventrilo but can't exit out of the game there for causing him to restart.

He joined a game once a week or so ago, but he was only able to play for a few minutes until it crashed on him and now it just does what I previously stated.

He's reinstalled the game after suffering from a virus recently and has also verified the game cache, so those don't work.

Any Ideas? The help would be much appreciated!

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

I also get random crashes sometimes when joining a game. I'll join a server, the game loads, I'll here the sound of my marines lamp turn on, then get sent to my desktop.

Trespasser

Trespasser

I just cut off a Comabat Androids head with the disk as the Predator, and got behind it, and did a stealth kill. The Predator, grabbed the androids missing head and stabbed his wrist blades into the Androids back and lifted him off the ground, and the blood was shooting out was RED!

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

^yep. Seen that a few times as well. Just more evidence that the game was rushed.

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc00Dh99RG0#

6:05  I got the zombie glitch!! lol. first time it happened to me.. =D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed