It is ashame that these movies didn't work as well

Started by Billiken, Feb 03, 2010, 12:06:12 PM

Author
It is ashame that these movies didn't work as well (Read 1,021 times)

Billiken

I think the major problem with the first AVP movie was that it was set in Antarctica. Predators would never go there. Audiences didn't buy the whole history of the Pyramid thing and how we worshipped preds. I worship Pred but I'm not going to build a Pyramid for him. To incorporate Alien and Pred into a story of true life human civilization that in real life scientists and historians are still researching was probably wrong. I also thought that there were really no great characters and the Predators were just terrible. The second AVP was quite acceptable in my book. They had the proper Predator infra red vision, his breathing sounds and his suit reminded me of pred 2. The story was more enjoyable although I would have liked both movies set in space and then bring it back to earth for the finale, like an earth invasion. I don't think they will make a third. This was just my opinion and I want to get other people's opinions.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

QuoteTo incorporate Alien and Pred into a story of true life human civilization that in real life scientists and historians are still researching was probably wrong.
Could you please explain this part better..?

Billiken

Sorry. I was half asleep when I was writing it. Isn't all that human aztec stuff and worshipping alien gods true life  history? I'm just guessing, but to make out that the gods that the aztec people worshipped were the Predators was a little weird for me.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Why not? I mean - it is becoming common to explain myths through Sci-Fi.
Do you watch Primeval? They explained the myth of the Egyptian Creature Ammit with a prehistoric crocodile called "Pristichampsus".
No, the civilization portrayed in the movie is not Aztec - it is a completely fictitious one, since it has builded such big and gross pyramid in Antartica. It is implied that this Civilization was the one that origined Aztec, Maya 'n Inca though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed