New PC Screenshots released *Updated*

Started by ikarop, Jan 13, 2010, 03:32:08 PM

Author
New PC Screenshots released *Updated* (Read 60,542 times)

visagepoissons

Quote from: Xhan on Jan 14, 2010, 11:14:23 PM
Quote from: visagepoissons on Jan 14, 2010, 10:29:20 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on Jan 14, 2010, 09:31:59 PM
I was opposing the whole war thing, we just have to wait and play.

Back on FSAA by the way: technically, it just can't be done... In DX9 that is, in DX10/11 it can be worked around as far as I read.

Supersampling is just a form of FSAA, so it won't work that well out of the box, nor will a mod just fix it like that.

We'll have to wait and try.
Really? Hmm, that makes sense. Deaed Space was only DX9 if I remember correctly.

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jan 14, 2010, 01:13:33 PM
Quote from: visagepoissons on Jan 14, 2010, 12:12:29 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on Jan 14, 2010, 09:21:52 AM
speaking of FSAA: I've read that AvP, like Killzone 2, heavily relies on differred rendering. The upside is the sheer amount of atmosphere you can add, the downside is that FSAA won't work.
Oh god... If this is true I will cry... That's the reason that Dead Space can't use anti aliasing. Still, that game was very atmospheric. But the constant flickering of those un AAed models did take away from the immersiveness.

To be honest, to cry about FSAA when a game looks like this... Seems a bit like being a crybaby for the sake of it. Sure, it'd be nice to have FSAA, if available at affordable framerates, it get's turned on. But if it just is impossible, so be it, it'd still be a freaking good looking game.
Dude, I'm not actually going to freaking cry. XD

And no, I don't think it will be a good looking game. A good looking game looks realistic and is immersive. Without AA it can't possibly look realistic.

But no, I'm not going to cry, I'd be a bit miffed that I can't run it with A, but I won't enjoy the game any less. I AM a graphics whore, but gameplay comes first.

You must play with really crappy resolution. Modeling matters WAY more than AA. By orders of magnitude.
1080p is crappy now? :(

Chris!(($$))!

They probably mean for PC.

visagepoissons

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Jan 15, 2010, 12:03:45 AM
They probably mean for PC.
1920 x 1080? That any better? :P

ikarop

ikarop

New in-game shots from the press demo, enjoy!:

UltimateBadass

UltimateBadass

Awesome! thanks ikarop. :)

And yea i agree with predalien27, stop teasing us!  :)

predalien27

predalien27

You really need to stop teasing us with all this pwnsauce.   ;)

visagepoissons

visagepoissons

What's with the weird colouring on the alien screens? Is that focus mode?

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: visagepoissons on Jan 15, 2010, 02:41:37 AM
What's with the weird colouring on the alien screens? Is that focus mode?
I believe that circle is.  But why are some peoples outlines different then others?  Does red mean alert, blue mean clam, etc.?

Matt

Matt

I guess red means human, blue means synthetic.

Nice screens btw.

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

Finally a marine vs facehugger screenshot! Is there a video

safetyman

safetyman

Too bad the screenshots have artifacts all over them from being handled incorrectly. Can't really see if there's AA enabled.

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: Matt on Jan 15, 2010, 03:10:07 AM
I guess red means human, blue means synthetic.

Nice screens btw.
Unless that's really light blue, what would white be?

Deathly_rYaN

are the new pics from the demo or was that the full game of AvP

ikarop

ikarop

Just the early levels from the preview version.

Sifer2

So Alien possibly can tell if the enemy is alert or not with color changing aura's? Seems like it would get confusing though since Human, Pred, an other Aliens probably already have different color aura's. Guess we will see. Looks like the Marine has a chance to catch the facehugger or something too an fight it off.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed