What are you reading?

Started by Undeadite, Jul 16, 2008, 09:14:29 PM

Author
What are you reading? (Read 282,893 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It's one of the few hobbies I ever had.

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Space_Dementia on Mar 11, 2019, 01:10:49 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 11, 2019, 12:52:36 AM
I have all the old stuff.  It is stuff I collected when I was growing up, and I grew up when all the individual issues were being released.

On the present runs I wait for the tpbs, so I can buy them all at once, read them, then store them in the collection box. 

Missing the aliens series about the boy and his mom and an infestation, the Gibson Alien 3, and the Ripley and Zulu Hendricks comics.

Its something I wish I'd done growing but never really got into reading comics until recently, I've got the Gibson Alien 3 on pre-order and plan on getting all the omnibus's.

In comparison to the actual films I thought most of the novelizations fell short. ESPECIALLY the Aliens novel which sensors and edits out all of the cussing. Both Alien and Alien 3 novels were semi-descent but the one that surprisingly shines the most from the movie novelizations is Resurrection. The way A.C. Crispin wrote the novel was phenomenal and it even expands on somethings we don't see in the film.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Reading Predator: Forever Midnight. Was surprised I could find the book so easily and cheap.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: LastSurvivor92 on Mar 11, 2019, 07:21:26 PM
Quote from: Space_Dementia on Mar 11, 2019, 01:10:49 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 11, 2019, 12:52:36 AM
I have all the old stuff.  It is stuff I collected when I was growing up, and I grew up when all the individual issues were being released.

On the present runs I wait for the tpbs, so I can buy them all at once, read them, then store them in the collection box. 

Missing the aliens series about the boy and his mom and an infestation, the Gibson Alien 3, and the Ripley and Zulu Hendricks comics.

Its something I wish I'd done growing but never really got into reading comics until recently, I've got the Gibson Alien 3 on pre-order and plan on getting all the omnibus's.

In comparison to the actual films I thought most of the novelizations fell short. ESPECIALLY the Aliens novel which sensors and edits out all of the cussing. Both Alien and Alien 3 novels were semi-descent but the one that surprisingly shines the most from the movie novelizations is Resurrection. The way A.C. Crispin wrote the novel was phenomenal and it even expands on somethings we don't see in the film.

Yeah, I liked the alien pov.

Hudson

Hudson

Finishing up The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters. Creepy. As. Hell. And so so good.

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 11, 2019, 08:54:38 PM
Reading Predator: Forever Midnight. Was surprised I could find the book so easily and cheap.

It must have sold poorly. I found a brand new copy about two years ago at MSRP. Right on the shelf.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Still not as cheap as it deserves to be.

Huggs

Huggs

The Terror - by Dan simmons

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Aliens: The Cold Forge

Thirty pages in and I absolutely hate the main characters

The Old One

The Old One

Alien* The Cold Forge.

Why?

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Dorian is a douche so far, and a creepy one at that, aside from that, I'm enjoying the book

The Old One

The Old One

Oh, Dorian Sulder right.  ;D

That's Correct!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Mar 21, 2019, 05:33:11 PMDorian is a douche so far, and a creepy one at that, aside from that, I'm enjoying the book

You're meant to hate him. He's absolutely vile.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 21, 2019, 05:41:01 PM
Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Mar 21, 2019, 05:33:11 PMDorian is a douche so far, and a creepy one at that, aside from that, I'm enjoying the book

You're meant to hate him. He's absolutely vile.

He's a freakin' hero and the only good thing about that book.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 21, 2019, 05:47:16 PM
He's a freakin' hero and the only good thing about that book.

That's new. So is "Dorian Sudler did nothing wrong" a thing?

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 21, 2019, 06:39:40 PM
Griffith did nothing wrong.

Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed