Your thoughts on the Strauses/Davis commentary?

Started by marrerom, Apr 19, 2008, 08:30:20 AM

Author
Your thoughts on the Strauses/Davis commentary? (Read 53,490 times)

Ghostface

Finally listened to the commentary track (not the whole movie, just the action sequences). Wow, I can clearly see where this film went wrong, and it's really surprising the studio couldn't see this before production too. The brother strauss are just plain assholes. The dont care about what makes a movie work, they just shit on the fans and talk about how much they wanted to make this scene MOAR KEWL!!! LOLOLLLL My hatred for them has increased, even though I didn't think it possible. These guys will fail at every movie they make, because they couldn't give a shit about the human element.

Rant over.

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Nov 11, 2010, 12:56:29 PM
Dino-sized Aliens would make some sort of slight sense only if they came out of really big creatures. And then again one could question how a facehugger could attach to, say, a Dinosaur.
Quote from: predxeno on Nov 11, 2010, 04:36:04 PM
What?  It's true.

Actually it was done in AVP Omnibus 1, it worked in the comics but honestly don't think it could work in a movie appropriately.

Snowdog

The commentary just proves how incompetent and retarded the strause brothers really are. Still can't believe they where allowed to make an avp movie. I even respect anderson for avp 1 because he made a pretty solid movie. It isn't at the same level as the original alien and predator movies but it is still pretty good. Then again avp-r had some great designs it's only a shame they where used in such a bad movie.

A Harmless Goat

Their reasoning for some of the stuff in AVPR was just "it was cool in the original alien or predator, so that means we need to do something like it."

Thats it, they didn't care about anything else.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed