Do you think AVP2 will become a classic?

Started by slipknotpredator, May 14, 2007, 06:41:28 PM

What do you think?

Yes
19 (51.4%)
No
18 (48.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author
Do you think AVP2 will become a classic? (Read 5,298 times)

SM

SM

Most people - including detractors - agree that the design on AvP was actually pretty good.

QuoteTo be honest when was the last classic movie?  Gladiator? 

Return Of The King.

Uncanny Antman

I don't think anyone should take it to heart that "NO" is winning at the moment, either.

Note that most people are saying that while it arguably won't be a classic, that doesn't stop it from being a good (dare I hope for 'great'?) movie.

Highland

the other point being classics are'nt just Born, they have to stand the test of time, (mostly) be of an Original Idea, and have a great Script to boot...

Its like asking if Return of the king will be a classic before you've seen it. I didnt vote, i want to keep the hype up!

Spoon

Return of the king?
  Sorry maybe fellowship of the ring could be a classic but not return of the king.
300 could be considered a classic as its a total new art form of movies and like matrix started a new way of doing movies.

Highland

my previous example was the original Matrix, I was just following on from SMs quote.

I wouldnt call 300 a classic, a great movie but not a classic.

MrLee

well many wouldnt class AR as a classic. so who knows.

SM

SM

That's because it's not a classic.

QuoteSorry maybe fellowship of the ring could be a classic but not return of the king.

Why not?

300?  Eesh...

SiL

Alien and Aliens, yes.

The others, no.

SM

SM

Indeed.  Predator would probably almost qualify, but Alien3, Resurrection, Predator 2 - nyet.

Spoon

300 Has the best cinematography.
Thats why im mentioning it can be a classic.  its something 20 years from now and say wow remember this.
  Return of the king has nothing that will be rememberd alone.  Sure Lord of the rings is a classic all together but I dont know why you picked return of the king only.

Plus its odd giving sequals a title as a classic.  Doesnt really make sense.

Im sorry but theres no way you can call AVP2 a classic.  Thats pretty much saying the movie is still gonna be amazing 20 years from now.
Predator is a classic!  ghostbusters is a classic, back to the future, godfather, scarface, Star wars, goonies!   
Those are classics. 

SM

SM

QuoteReturn of the king has nothing that will be rememberd alone.  Sure Lord of the rings is a classic all together but I dont know why you picked return of the king only.

Simple - it made the most money and won the most Oscars.  Plus you asked "when was the last classic movie".  Return Of The King was the last one in the series.

PHANTOM

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on May 15, 2007, 11:09:46 PM
All Alien and Predator movies besides AvP are classics. AvP 2 will most likely be a classic.

As much as I want AVP2 to kick ass, it's not going to be a classic. A film pretty much has to be ground breaking in some way in order to be a classic, like Alien and Aliens for example. The directors for AVP2 would pretty much have to out smart and out talent Ridley and James Cameron for that to happen ::)

Predator_Dylan

Well, Aliens in definetly a classic. And I think Predator 2 reaches that feat too.

Champiionser

Quote from: Predator_Dylan on May 20, 2007, 03:06:20 PM
Well, Aliens in definetly a classic. And I think Predator 2 reaches that feat too.

If aliens is a classic , alien is no less.

Vader the White

It's not going to be an Alien or a Predator. When Alien and Pred came out, we didn't know what was going to happen, now, we know Preds and Alien very well. It just won't happen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed