Do you think AVP2 will become a classic?

Started by slipknotpredator, May 14, 2007, 06:41:28 PM

What do you think?

Yes
19 (51.4%)
No
18 (48.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author
Do you think AVP2 will become a classic? (Read 5,299 times)

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

Yes or No?

ShadowPred

Unfortunatley i don't think it will.

crypto84

I think maybe it will be if it's done right so don't have high hopes for it guys in case you get diappointed.

No Tail

I believe it won't be an instant classic, but with the feedback at the replies we're getting from the Strauses, it'll be epic.

Champiionser

It's a wrong question.I don't expect avp2 to be  clasic and no one should.After the first one avp2 must be just closer to the originals,doesn't need to be a clasic to make a big impact.

War Wager

It could be I guess. If it's a brilliant movie, has it's unique and memorable moments then theres no saying it couldnt be a classic in a few years time...

SM

No.

Might be a good flick, but how many sequels this far into a series become classics?  Jason Takes Manhattan?  Freddy's Dead?  Police Academy - Mission to Moscow?

Think not.

Darkness

QuoteJason Takes Manhattan?

I liked that one. Far better than Jason Goes To Hell and Jason X.

I don't think AvP2 can be a classic. Nothing can beat the originals no matter what you do.

SM

QuoteI liked that one. Far better than Jason Goes To Hell and Jason X.[q/uote]

It's hardly a classic though.

SiL

I voted no.

Just not gonna happen.

Highland

You dont find many Sci Fi classics these days! Infact i can't think of one apart from maybe the Matrix? (just the first film)

The end product of 6 outings does'nt stand much of a chance if any!

I hope it will be an intertaining movie though, whilst being serious. (no talking Aliens and WWF predators) ;D

War Wager

Quote from: SM on May 14, 2007, 09:22:54 PM
No.

Might be a good flick, but how many sequels this far into a series become classics?  Jason Takes Manhattan?  Freddy's Dead?  Police Academy - Mission to Moscow?

Think not.

Is Aliens not a classic?

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Clone#8 on May 14, 2007, 11:23:24 PM
Is Aliens not a classic?

That's the very first sequel.  He's talking about how hard it is to make a so-called classic when you're down the line with multiple sequels.

SM

SM

Quite.

Note I didn't mention any first sequels in my post?

Aliens is a classic; Empire Strikes Back is a classic; many would argue Godfather Part 2 is a classic.  Sometimes it happens.

Mostly it doesn't.  Mostly.

Spoon

Theres no way it will become a classic.  Thats impossible now a days.  To be honest when was the last classic movie?  Gladiator?  Everything is overdone and you cant make classics anymore.
  Doesnt mean this movie wont be great.  i really have high hopes for this movie and they dont really even have to try hard to make it succesful.  As long as its like the originals and keeps its amazing creature designs then everything will fall in place just like a star wars movie.
  AVP just looked so ugly and wrong and was boring.   So far AVP2 looks so right and looks its gonna be way more entertaining which is what made the predator movie the best.

Movies fail so bad becuase they try so hard yet fail with poor design.  Nothing beats 80's and 90s movies.  No one cares now a days as long as they get money.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed