All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,912,306 times)

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

I'd say I am a casual fan. Don't own any of the films, but do watch them occasionally.

I did see the prequels in theaters. Episode III is good, but those scenes between Padme and Anakin are god awful. Some of the worse love scenes I have ever scene. The BS did better with Kelly and Tim in AVPR then Lucas did in Star Wars II and III. But when Palpatine starts taking over the Republic, it's epic.

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Dachande on Jun 17, 2007, 03:45:24 PM
I dont like your opinion because anybody with any shred of a braincell knows that your Opinion is wrong..... putting TPM above ANY of the OT films is blasphemous. I sincerely hope that sooner or later you realise, that fancy effects and flips dont make a film good. Untill then, i hope you get brutally attacked by a horde of Ewoks...

Have a Nice day!

I f**king agree with you.
Im godamn sick of prepubecent kids bashing their dolls together thinking a movie is only a sucess if it has explosions and awesome special effects.
I want to place a rock between their teeth and stamp on it.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

I liked ROTS, were the scenes between Padme and Anakin good? Hell no, the acting and dialogue was awful, most of the problems in the prequels can be placed on Lucas' shoulders, seeing as he was directing.

And I'm still torn between Jedi and Empire, I'll never know which one I liked better.

Ccoletta86

Ccoletta86

Natalie Portman is f*cking hott...

severen76

severen76

Quote from: Ccoletta86 on Apr 07, 2008, 06:23:43 PM
Natalie Portman is f*cking hott...

It's just a shame her acting peak was in Leon.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I enjoy Episode I because it was different. I didn't like the second Episode because it too much drama and the love scenes where stupid.

Horhey

Horhey

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Apr 07, 2008, 05:55:11 PM
I liked ROTS, were the scenes between Padme and Anakin good? Hell no, the acting and dialogue was awful, most of the problems in the prequels can be placed on Lucas' shoulders, seeing as he was directing.

And I'm still torn between Jedi and Empire, I'll never know which one I liked better.

Wonder why there's such a massive quality gap between the 2 trilogies. What the f**k happenned? Its like Lucas didnt put any work into anything but making the special effects look like a damn video game. He wanted almost everything possible to be CG. The Clonetroopers, R2D2  ???  :-\, and  alot of other things that easily could've been practical. Seems like the acting and script just didnt matter. And Anakin and Obi Wan's Lightsaber duel was so over the top and cliche.

The PT does NOT compare to the OT.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I never knew why Return of the Jedi got mixed reviews. I thought the ending was perfect and it a great way to finish a perfect troilgy.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

I do think it's ridiculous that an entire stormtrooper army was defeated by teddy bears.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

It's funny, how the badass clone troopers, turned into the goon like Storm troopers.

Huol

Huol

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Apr 07, 2008, 11:30:26 PM
It's funny, how the badass clone troopers, turned into the goon like Storm troopers.

Clone troopers where clones of Jango.

Most of the stormtroopers where just enlisted men.

SM

SM

QuoteIm godamn sick of prepubecent kids bashing their dolls together thinking a movie is only a sucess if it has explosions and awesome special effects.

Erm, what do you think kids were doing in 1977?

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Huol on Apr 07, 2008, 11:47:38 PM
Quote from: CELTICPRED on Apr 07, 2008, 11:30:26 PM

Clone troopers where clones of Jango.

Most of the stormtroopers where just enlisted men.

I thought the stormtroopers were the clones. I mean, wouldn't it be easier to keep manufacturing clones then to start enlisting men?

SM

SM

Think I remember reading that stormtroopers were a mix of clone troopers (possibly from different hosts than Jango) and enlisted men.

Biggs went to the Imperial Academy to train to be a pilot, and TIE pilots are apparently chosen from Academy graduates.  Probably something similar for stormtroopers.

EDIT: From the EU section of the official SW website:

Following the rise of the Empire, the military cloning program expanded to include new clone hosts. By the time of the Empire consolidated its power by dissolving the Senate, the ranks of the Imperial stormtroopers would include cloned infantry from multiple sources as well as birth-born conscripts and recruits from various worlds.

Nightwalker

Nightwalker

i love star wars..god i love it...it rocks....its cool.....i grew up with the toys that only sm will probably remember.....it was the mutts nuts lol

star wars a new hope is classic,its looks awesome and plays well.sure its cheesey but the amazing cast and imagination on display is the best.

empire was the best..its dark and has some of the coolest characters for sure.the locations were wicked and the battles were tragic and bleak...superbly done by kirshner.

return was alittle softer yet still overflowing with ideas and more classic characters.the final battle is truely an epic space war with some amazingly good feel good factors hitting u square in the face.

episode 1 is very soft and lighthearted..yet the lucas imagination is still better than most films can dream of.the pod race is excellent and it all seems very realistic despite too much cgi.

clones is again a darker piece..like empire....with some great locations and characters.jango and his residence on tipoca city,kamino is gorgeous.the multi jedi battles are cool and the story really starts to heat up.

revenge is the best of the new trilogy....dark,brooding and of course blending into the classic new hope.

there are still some sections which are bad and just dont work well but overall star wars has the greatest universe and scope for imagination,characters,weapons,ships,stories etc...

what i wanna know is.....why the fudge did lucas adorn mcgregor with shitty lookin wigs all the way through the new trilogy? lol
they are so obivious lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed